• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Exactly, 20mill was probably seen as excessive back when we were haggling last year. Prices have exploded since then
This is what I mean... it is fine to speculate £20m on the top level kids, because you can always flip them for £10m to £100m in 2 years' time... a gamble worth having. Oh, and they might be good players as well... but speculate to accumulate Rodney

It would be a bad mistake for us and him. It's the route to a David Bentley situation where he's around till the end of his contract getting worse and worse
Especially as they’ve already had him on loan, not sure how anything is going to change for him by returning their temporarily again.

It would be a bad mistake for us and him. It's the route to a David Bentley situation where he's around till the end of his contract getting worse and worse

Not if they pay his wages and we get a loan fee.

"According to a report from Turkish media outlet Takvim, Fenerbahce have made an offer of €2.5 million (£2.2 million) to take Tottenham striker Vincent Janssen on loan again this season.

Fenerbahce forked out €5 million (£4.4 million) to sign the Dutchman on loan last season, and the Turkish club's president Ali Koc was unhappy with what he believed to be an inflated cost.

With this in mind, the Super Lig outfit want to bring Janssen to the club for a reduced fee this summer, according to Turkish publication Takvim.

They claim that the club's Sporting Director Damien Comolli is trying to engineer a deal with Tottenham that would see the 24-year-old join Fenerbahce on loan again this season, but for a reduced fee of just £2.2 million."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/1...sh-for-reduced-22m-loan-fee-for-tottenhams-v/

According to another Turkish paper we are willing to forego the loan fee for a guaranteed purchase next summer at €10 million.

https://www.aksam.com.tr/futbol/bedelsiz-bedelli/haber-755897

Several days later all this was understood by Sky sources as well. :rolleyes:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...th-tottenham-over-second-vincent-janssen-loan

Who wouldn't be an improvement on Smalling, Jones and Lindorf?

stuart-nethercott-44e94d7b-fa17-4d59-8bfe-ef47c541933-resize-750.jpeg

But, that's it.

173 pages of utter inactivity and this thread has turned into a discussion of the relative merits of 90’s haplessness, Stuart Nether-clot.

Levy Out!!! :mad:

;)

Who would be confident of a top 4 finish if we do not make a signing this summer?

I would be confident of there was not factors like world cup fatigue, new stadium.

I don't live in fear but if we don't mount a serious challenge for the league or win a cup we could end up dismantling this team.

We all know mourinho will be walking this year and real madrids manager has no chance.

Levy needs to stick to his words with poch of being brave in the market.

However i do understand that if say pulisic is made available, teams like Chelsea and city would just turn up and blow us out of the water.

I accept this as part of being a spurs fan

Back