• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I am assuming there was a very large agent fee involved and the player's wages now reflect the low transfer fee, but those things aside I think that is a good deal that Leicester have got there. I was worried that he would end up and Arsenal and a defender who can actually defend would improve them significantly.

I would have been quite happy had he gone to Arsenal. He is a solid 6/10, no more.

CITY CONSIDER LEMINA, KOVACIC

Emirates Marketing Project are considering moves for Southampton's Mario Lemina or Real Madrid's Mateo Kovacic as potential alternatives to Jorginho, Sky Sports News understands.

Sky sources claim City boss Pep Guardiola has identified other midfield options if a deal cannot be reached for the Napoli star, despite advanced talks still continuing.

Get your own scouts!!

Evening Standard going with the Lascelles story.

Seem to infer if we dont get Deligt we will go for him, £45m.

Quality player, captain there too - and one we scouted back at Forrest so I wouldnt be surprised if he was on our radar.

Tottenham won't pay £70m transfer valuation for Wilfried Zaha as Crystal Palace line up new deal
Tottenham look set to end their interest in Wilfried Zaha after discovering Crystal Palace value the winger at an incredible £70million.

Spurs are determined to back coach Mauricio Pochettino in the transfer window this summer and Zaha is one of the high-profile targets they have been considering bringing in.

Zaha enjoyed a superb season at Palace and was instrumental in keeping them in the Premier League. Aged just 25, he fits Tottenham’s transfer remit of a young player who has more years at the top and, if need be, sell-on value.

Despite now representing Ivory Coast at international level, he would still crucially count as a homegrown player in their Champions League squad next term due to coming through Palace’s academy.

Palace have no desire to sell their prized asset, though, and Standard Sport understands that they regard him in a similar bracket as Riyad Mahrez, who could soon be joining Emirates Marketing Project from Leicester for £75m.

Instead of cashing in, Roy Hodgson’s side are actually planning to offer Zaha another new contract.

He agreed a five-year deal worth around £110,000 a week in May 2017. The plan then was to scare off other clubs from pursuing him and that’s the case now, too.

Tottenham see Zaha as an upgrade on the inconsistent Erik Lamela, as well as an option to play up front.

He scored nine goals in 29 League appearances last season, despite having two spells out with injury, and Palace did not win any of the nine matches he missed.

But it is believed Spurs are having second thoughts about maintaining their interest due to how much Palace think he is worth, on top of their firm intention to keep him long term.

Tottenham are also keen on Manchester United’s Anthony Martial, who has become unsettled at Old Trafford under manager Jose Mourinho. Martial started just 18 League games in 2017-18 and is thinking about his future at the club, especially as his lack of games contributed to him being left out of France’s World Cup squad.

The 22-year-old, who joined from Monaco for an initial £36m in 2015, will not be easy to prise away from United either. However, as Standard Sport revealed last month, Mourinho is confident he can sign Tottenham centre-half Toby Alderweireld.

If we were to spend £40m+ on a player like Zaha then football would be dead to me.

5 years ago he would have been a £15m player at the most.

Wasn't it 5 years ago that we paid £30 million for Lamela?

When he was early twenties and had done more in Italy than Zaha ever has in England - not sure where you're going with that tbh

I think Zaha is decent and wouldn't be against having him in the side but it's clear now that the price Palace want for him far exceeds his level as a player- time to move on

Yeah, no way is Zaha worth anything more than £40-50 million for me.
As for Lascelles, we spent close to that on Sanchez; a younger and much les experienced defender.

Funny that the journo seems to be basing his £70m mark on the fact that Palace supposedly value him the same as Mahrez.

Mahrez's £75m fee is such because the suitor is Emirates Marketing Project. If he was looking to go to Arsenal the fee would probably be near £50m.

You can always add an extra £10-20m to the fee when City or Chelski come sniffing.

If we were to spend £40m+ on a player like Zaha then football would be dead to me.

5 years ago he would have been a £15m player at the most.
5 years ago he was a £15M player! - that's how much Man U bought him for ( with addons). He is a lot better player than he was 5 years ago so even back then I would think he would be comparable to what we paid for Lamella.

When he was early twenties and had done more in Italy than Zaha ever has in England - not sure where you're going with that tbh

I think Zaha is decent and wouldn't be against having him in the side but it's clear now that the price Palace want for him far exceeds his level as a player- time to move on
I would say that Zaha has done more to prove that he will be a success in the Premier League than Lamela had at the time we signed him (and indeed in the years since) and Lamela cost twice as much as the £15 million that was plucked out of the air.

Do I think we should pay £70 million for Zaha? No I don't. Not necessarily because I do not believe that he is worth it, just because it would represent too great a chunk of our transfer budget on a single player. I would probably rather have Zaha in our team than Mahrez so Palace's £70 million valuation is probably a reasonable one, especially in a day and age when centre halves and fullbacks can go for £50 million.

Back