• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad for 2015-16 season

As others have said not sure why everyone is having a panic. We are stronger than last year and we will strengthen further. Everyone we have sold were not used last year bar Paulinho. We are over-reliant on Kane but that will get sorted with Berahino

Because the season starts next week mate. Panic isn't the word I would use, but our rivals have arguably all strengthened to a stronger degree than us.

Because the season starts next week mate. Panic isn't the word I would use, but our rivals have arguably all strengthened to a stronger degree than us.

We aren't the only team looking for a decent forward, Utd still need someone else up top as to the scum. Albeit i suppose we are shopping in different markets with the CL.

By strengthen you mean paid more?
We needed to strengthen at the back, we have brought 2 CM's and a RB
We needed cover for erikksen - Pritchard or Carroll
We needed to get a striker in to cover for Kane - Awaiting exits

Everything else is up to the manager and what HE thinks we need and who fits where.

Liverpools, Arsenals and Utd's defence is still largely a mess. Plus havent seen a massive amount of business from city or chelsea.

By strengthen you mean paid more?
We needed to strengthen at the back, we have brought 2 CM's and a RB
We needed cover for erikksen - Pritchard or Carroll
We needed to get a striker in to cover for Kane - Awaiting exits

Everything else is up to the manager and what HE thinks we need and who fits where.

Liverpools, Arsenals and Utd's defence is still largely a mess. Plus havent seen a massive amount of business from city or Chel53a.

We still need one CM, possibly two. Plus at least one more striker.

Liverpool have added goals, which is what cost them 5th place last season as their defence was better than ours.

United - Well It's hard to argue that our signings stack up to theirs given the resources they have.

Emirates Marketing Project have freshened things up with Sterling who will improve.

Remains to be seen what Arsenal and Chelsea do.

Liverpool have added goals, which is what cost them 5th place last season as their defence was better than ours.

United - Well It's hard to argue that our signings stack up to theirs given the resources they have.

Emirates Marketing Project have freshened things up with Sterling who will improve.

Remains to be seen what Ar5ena1 and Chel53a do.

Plus we are Tottenham, we could sign the 4 best individual defenders in the world and i think we could still conspire to have calamitous defending. Its why we love the club so much.

We're going to wait to August 31st to sign the important attacking players we need, drop points against one of Stoke, Leicester or Everton, then miss out on Champions League by two points again aren't we?

Kane and Eriksen aside, our attacking players are nowhere near good enough. And we haven't signed a single one since August 2013...

I agree to an extent however top 4 is still a punt for us, i would much rather alli for example be given a try than bringing in somebody else. We were not a million miles away with our very young team last year. We have strengthened in terms of our players being a year older plus

Carroll, Pritchard, Wimmer, Alli, Trippier, Alderweireld

Its getting annoying as you can see people are already lining up Mason as the spacegoat

We are always players second choice and so if we want quality we have to play the waiting game.
We could go out first week and pick up players who see us first choice but those are the players that we may not want.

I agree to an extent however top 4 is still a punt for us, i would much rather alli for example be given a try than bringing in somebody else. We were not a million miles away with our very young team last year. We have strengthened in terms of our players being a year older plus

Carroll, Pritchard, Wimmer, Alli, Trippier, Alderweireld

Its getting annoying as you can see people are already lining up Mason as the spacegoat

We are always players second choice and so if we want quality we have to play the waiting game.
We could go out first week and pick up players who see us first choice but those are the players that we may not want.

I wasn't really suggesting that top 4 is achievable for us because I do not think it is. But I believe we have to strengthen just to stay where we are as Liverpool will be right with there us and Southampton will still be a threat.

lets see...

for me:

Arsenal - signed 1 player who is a very good one in an important area but advent addressed their weakness through the middle defensively and lack depth up front. their stability will do them a big help though
United - scatter gun buying yet still haven't brought in a decent centre back. The players they have signed are all quality but in areas where they didn't really struggle last season (Blind an Carrick both look good central midfield for example). They haven't address the worst defence I've known them have in a long time IMO
Chelsea - Back up keeper and thats it!!!
Livepoo - they have brought everyone.. its like buying 5 lottery tickets hoping ones a winner and reminds me of us a few years back. They have 7 forwards and yet only 2 with a decent record of chichi one is always injured and the other is a beast that thrives off wing play which they dont normally do!!! There issue is fitting all these players in and selling the dross
City - a kid who won't get games and Sterling who is flaky but can be outstanding, yet plays in the same area as David SIlva. Still have a weakness in central midfield and centre back to address
Us - 3 defenders who are all better than those they have replaced Imo and a young but genuinely exciting central midfield player who could be anything. Were woefully lacking forward back up though which could cripple us

I would add that Milner is a massive loss to Emirates Marketing Project, probably a bigger loss for them than a gain for Liverpool

Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd

Emirates Marketing Project
Spurs
Liverpool

Is how i see the groupings next year

I would add that Milner is a massive loss to Emirates Marketing Project, probably a bigger loss for them than a gain for Liverpool

Chel53a
Ar5ena1
Man Utd

Spurs
Liverpool

I would actually agree with that, City still have Mangala and deMichelis at centre half both are liabilities and the Fernando/Fernandinho problem, they might have spent but nowhere near enough.

HOWEVER i still think all 4 above us could well strengthen further before deadline day.

Chelsea - same
City - same
United - strengthened - superb midfield, but still terrible at the back and limited up front
Arsenal - mildly strengthened
Us - mildly strengthened, but organic growth of the squad will be considerable
Liverpool - significantly weakened - Rodgers won't last till xmas either
Soton - weakened and EL will cripple them

Chel53a
Ar5ena1
Man Utd

Spurs
Liverpool

City have Aguero. That alone is huge. They are way above our level and would need a huge drop in performance if we were to catch them

One game is all its taken for the candy arses ( knee jerkers) to start panicking. :rolleyes:

It's why I just completely ignore pre-season. The only thing the coaches are concerned about is fitness.

Apparent form (individual and collective) tends not to have any implications.

In fact strong preseason usually means a crap season, and vice versa.

It's why I just completely ignore pre-season. The only thing the coaches are concerned about is fitness.

Apparent form (individual and collective) tends not to have any implications.

In fact strong preseason usually means a crap season, and vice versa.

Like you pre season games are only important for fitness, it was more at those who bitch as soon as a ball is kicked.

To be fair to Jones he looks out of his depth whichever position he plays in.
images

Back