• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad for 2015-16 season

Pretty much, but I'd probably say we are keeping Dembele. As it stand we are using a third midfielder on one of the wings, which could just be temporary or could be a sign of things to come. At Southampton Poch did play with Davis as his right sided midfielder, despite him not being a wide mifielder.

The new DM, Bentaleb, Mason, Alli and Dembele will occupy the two central positions + one of the wide midfield roles with Onomah and Winks featuring in the cups.

The attacking three will hopefully be Eriksen and Berahino working off of Kane, with N'jie, Pritchard and Chadli able to fill in (Berahino being 2nd choice #9 and 1st choice second striker). Lamela will likely be used instead of Dembele at times when we don't expect to be pressured as hard or when we are chasing a game. Townsend could be the player that doesn't fit any role in the setup but can come on when we need something different.

Pretty much, but I'd probably say we are keeping Dembele. As it stand we are using a third midfielder on one of the wings, which could just be temporary or could be a sign of things to come. At Southampton Poch did play with Davis as his right sided midfielder, despite him not being a wide mifielder.

The new DM, Bentaleb, Mason, Alli and Dembele will occupy the two central positions + one of the wide midfield roles with Onomah and Winks featuring in the cups.

The attacking three will hopefully be Eriksen and Berahino working off of Kane, with N'jie, Pritchard and Chadli able to fill in (Berahino being 2nd choice #9 and 1st choice second striker). Lamela will likely be used instead of Dembele at times when we don't expect to be pressured as hard or when we are chasing a game. Townsend could be the player that doesn't fit any role in the setup but can come on when we need something different.

I don't think we'll be moving more o a 4-3-3. I think Dembele is only playing because Lamela was late back for pre-season because of internationals and Townsend & Pritchard are injured. I think we need the penetration of a proper wing forward.

IIRC Davies used to play ACM for Soton (with Rodriguez LWF and Lallana RWF)?

I'm not even sure we can give our system the numbers look, Chadli and Dembele have been roaming all over the field again today. There are certain shapes that we are falling into when playing from the back which makes me see the roles of our "wide" players as extra midfielders. I think it's the characteristics that Dembele has (strength on the ball and ability to cover in the middle) which see's him starting right now. Even when Lamela is up to speed, I still see us starting with Dembele in this semi-conservative formation.

Final tally:

Squad size = 27
U21s = 5
HG = 9
OS = 13

GKs - Lloris, Vorm, McGee (3 for 1)
Ds - Walker, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Vertonghen, Dier, Rose, Davies, Fazio (9 for 4)
CMs - Bentaleb, Mason, Alli, Winks (4 for 2)
AMs - Eriksen, Pritchard, Son, Townsend, Chadli, Njie, Onomah, Lamela, Carroll, Dembele (10 for 3)
CF - Kane (1 for 1)

TBC - what happens to Veljkovic and Adebayor re lower league or Russian/Portuguese loans, or added to squad

I am wondering what has happened to the Spurs front line - From a team with 4 average to solid out and out strikers to a team with only one recognised out and out striker (Yes I know Clinton, Song could play there as well)

I am wondering what has happened to the Spurs front line - From a team with 4 average to solid out and out strikers to a team with only one recognised out and out striker (Yes I know Clinton, Song could play there as well)

We changed to a 4-5-1 (4-2-3-1) since then, so only need 2 senior CFs rather than 4.

So this is effectively our squad for the season, I think there is a lot youth and potential here COYS

31 Vorm
28 Lloris
28 Fazio
28 Vertonghen
28 Dembele
26 Auderweireld
26 Chadli
25 Rose
25 Walker
24 Trippier
24 Mason
24 Townsend
23 Carroll
23 Eriksen
23 Lamela
23 Son
22 Wimmer
22 Pritchard
22 N'Jie
22 Davies
22 Kane
21 Dier
20 Bentaleb
19 Alli

Last edited:
So this is effectively our squad for the season, I think there is a lot youth and potential here COYS

31 Vorm
28 Lloris
28 Fazio
28 Vertonghen
28 Dembele
26 Auderweireld
26 Chadli
25 Rose
25 Davies
25 Walker
24 Trippier
24 Mason
24 Townsend
23 Carroll
23 Eriksen
23 Lamela
23 Son
22 Wimmer
22 Pritchard
22 N'Jie
22 Kane
21 Dier
20 Bentaleb
19 Alli

Davies is 22 ;)

Winks and Onomah are also considered first team players now so think they should be included.

Davies is 22 ;)

Winks and Onomah are also considered first team players now so think they should be included.

The Davies' error has been corrected but Winks and Onomah have to wait awhile as they have not been listed in the first team squad on the website:)

The Davies' error has been corrected but Winks and Onomah have to wait awhile as they have not been listed in the first team squad on the website:)

Not sure how these things work but don't we usually have to produce a separate list for the Euros? If so maybe they're to be in that squad initially to see how they progress?

Europa League squad list from uefa.com

Lloris, Vorm
Walker, Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dier, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Davies
Son, Mason, Lamela, Njié, Townsend, Dembélé, Alli, Chadli, Eriksen, Pritchard, Carroll
Kane

Bentaleb, Winks, Onomah and other under 21s qualify for List B which doesn't have to be submitted yet.
Adebayor, unsurprisingly, not included.

Final tally:

Squad size = 27
U21s = 5
HG = 9
OS = 13

GKs - Lloris, Vorm, McGee (3 for 1)
Ds - Walker, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Vertonghen, Dier, Rose, Davies, Fazio (9 for 4)
CMs - Bentaleb, Mason, Alli, Winks (4 for 2)
AMs - Eriksen, Pritchard, Son, Townsend, Chadli, Njie, Onomah, Lamela, Carroll, Dembele (10 for 3)
CF - Kane (1 for 1)

TBC - what happens to Veljkovic and Adebayor re lower league or Russian/Portuguese loans, or added to squad
A loan for Veljkovic would make little sense now given our failure to sign another midfielder, EL is a good place to blood him.

Europa League squad list from uefa.com ... ...

Adebayor, unsurprisingly, not included.

I was interested to see whether he'd get registered for the EL. I suspect it was his only real hope of a way back into the team. That Pochettino has decided not to register him for Europe, means we won't see him in a Spurs shirt again (imo).

As you say; not really a surprise... but it does confirm what we suspected.

Going to raise my hands today and say the managers know more than I do about the squad. The squad's problem is its age but believe me once they mature, gain more confidence in their ability and the experience - that team will be far better than what we are seeing now.

I wouldnt have predicted the difference playing alongside Toby does to Jan Vert, Competition from Trippier to Walker and Eric Dier. Dele Alli looks solid as well.

Here us what I think is the squad per position for the rest of the season. I think that we are thinnest at the centre back position. If Dier has to play CB then it will cause shift to multiple positions.

GK1 Lloris
GK2 Vorm

RB1 Walker
RB2 Trippier
RB3 Dier

LB1 Davies
LB2 Rose
LB3 Bentaleb

CB1 Alderweireld
CB1 Vertonghen
CB3 Wimmer
CB4 Dier
CB5 Davies
CB6 CCV

DM1 Dier
DM2 Dembele
DM3 Bentaleb
DM4 Wink

CM1 Dembele
CM2 Alli
CM3 Mason
CM4 Carroll

RM1 Lamela
RM2 Son
RM3 Chadli
RM4 Onomah

LM1 Eriken
LM2 Chadli
LM3 Son
LM4 N'Jie

AM1 Alli
AM2 Eriksen
AM3 Carroll
AM4 Lamela
AM5 Kane

CF1 Kane
CF2 Son
CF3 Chadli
CF4 N'Jie

Here us what I think is the squad per position for the rest of the season. I think that we are thinnest at the centre back position. If Dier has to play CB then it will cause shift to multiple positions.

AM1 Alli
AM2 Eriksen
AM3 Carroll
AM4 Lamela
AM5 Kane
I think Mason is adept at AM as well. IIRC he has played as AM this season...

I know we have a lot of versatility, but you can also think of it as a proper tight 22:

Loris/Vorm

Walker/Trippier
Alder/Wimmer
Verts/2CV
Rose/Davies

Dier/Bentaleb
Mason/Dembele

Lamela/Onomah
Alli/Eriksen
Son/Chadli

Kane/Njie

Additional: McGee, Winks, Carroll, Pritchard, (Fazio, Yedlin)

Squad changes following close of the transfer window:

PREMIER LEAGUE:
In: None
Out: Federico Fazio, Alex Pritchard, Andros Townsend

EUROPA LEAGUE:
In: Thomas Glover
Out: Federico Fazio, Alex Pritchard, Andros Townsend

I do wonder if we'll formally give 2CV a squad number now, with Fazio and Veljkovic moving on? Like we did with McGee, Winks and Onomah in September. Unless that already happened when he made some EL trips?

I do wonder if we'll formally give 2CV a squad number now, with Fazio and Veljkovic moving on? Like we did with McGee, Winks and Onomah in September. Unless that already happened when he made some EL trips?
EL squad on uefa.com:
38 Cameron Carter-Vickers *
39 Shayon Harrison *
40 Thomas Glover
41 Alfie Whiteman *
* List B

Back