• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad for 2015-16 season

So any thoughts why the majority of those signings turned out so bad.. I cant believe we were unlucky and signed 4/5 out of 7 players not good enough..

Is that really exceptionally bad? How often do you get more than one hit from seven? It's a bit below par but what looks really bad is that our two record signings have flopped so far. Come to think of it, isn't Paulinho our 3rd highest signing, making it a dismal trio.

Add Bentley, Bent and Modric and our most expensive signings don't have a very good record.

Is that really exceptionally bad? How often do you get more than one hit from seven? It's a bit below par but what looks really bad is that our two record signings have flopped so far. Come to think of it, isn't Paulinho our 3rd highest signing, making it a dismal trio.

Add Bentley, Bent and Modric and our most expensive signings don't have a very good record.

Not sure why Modric is in that group? but it just goes to show that just because players costs a lot of money it does not mean they will be any good for us.

I don't agree. It was bloated beyond belief.

Even when we sell the 4 expected further departures (Chiriches, Ade, Soldado and Lennon), we'll still have players like Fazio, Dembele and Carroll as 5th/6th choices in their positions.

I disagree, we are an injury or two away of sliding down the table (relatively speaking). I don't rate our midfield pairing as highly as you do and we only have 1 compotent striker.

That squad did finish 5th, and the attacker got 30+ goals

There is no depth (with all the sales), no experience and no plan b from bench.

More from a Liverpool meltdown. If Kane gets injured, there is no quality backup. I agree with the depth and lack of experience. I will give Poch and the team the benefit of the doubt especially if they can get Chicarito into the team. I dont know if they are relying on the likes of the youth to step up but the way things are going, Kane is going to get more mentally exhausted than last season.

More from a Liverpool meltdown. If Kane gets injured, there is no quality backup. I agree with the depth and lack of experience. I will give Poch and the team the benefit of the doubt especially if they can get Chicarito into the team. I dont know if they are relying on the likes of the youth to step up but the way things are going, Kane is going to get more mentally exhausted than last season.

Pool still has Rodgers

We need to buy .. No question, at least two quality players or we will struggle.

Can you imagine any of the top 4 trying to turn one of last season's second choice CBs into their new DM rather than actually buying one?!?!

It's an extraordinarily unbalanced squad. Worrying.

Can you imagine any of the top 4 trying to turn one of last season's second choice CBs into their new DM rather than actually buying one?!?!

Jones plays in midfield for United a lot. Mourinho played Zouma in midfield many times last season. It's not an unbalanced squad at all. It's an inexperienced squad yes. More knee-jerk rubbish IMO.

We all know we'll buy a CM before the window shuts. It's just unfortunate that that has coincided with Mason being injured and Veljkovic still not back (because of playing in that U20/21 international tournament).

It seems Alli and Winks both looked excellent anyway.

I disagree, we are an injury or two away of sliding down the table (relatively speaking). I don't rate our midfield pairing as highly as you do and we only have 1 compotent striker.

We're obviously going to sign another CM and a CF/LWF (maybe two).

I think my point is that while we are lacking in these 2/3 key positions, we are still actually quite heavy on numbers.

We are stronger, trimmer and more balanced than last season, but still only half way through the job.

As others have said not sure why everyone is having a panic. We are stronger than last year and we will strengthen further. Everyone we have sold were not used last year bar Paulinho. We are over-reliant on Kane but that will get sorted with Berahino

What we really need to do is go out and get 7 new players from abroad. Maybe a couple of DM's from france and a goal scorer from one of the lower la liga teams like valencia.

I'm liking your thinking, perhaps find an Argentinian with no pace and the inability to lift his head up that we can thrown £30m at?

Back