• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad for 2015-16 season

Of those that GB names IMO the only one who is remotely close to being ready for PL football is Veljkovic. The rest are all one (or in most cases) two loans away from even getting a chance.

It doesn't have to be that way though, the only reason fans think they're not ready is because they haven't seen whether they are or not. Before Bentaleb got a chance under Sherwood the same would've been said about him. Had AVB remained in charge then Bentaleb would've stayed in the u21s for the rest of the 13-14 season which would then have been followed by a league one loan in all probability last season, right now we could be looking at which Championship club suits him best next season. 40 minutes away to Southampton did way more for Bentaleb's career than what two years worth of loans ever would have.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Coulthirst and McEvoy were being released. I always hoped Coulthirst would step up after some of the things said on here when he was coming through the system. Wasn't he part of that NextGen side that beat Barca on their own patch?
Coulthirst played (and hit the post) against Reading the other day. I'd be surprised if he's featuring in the preparations for the season if the plan is to release him. But who knows?

Just watched the Reading highlights and Oduwa looks like he could be something sepcial, he and Onomah linked up well in the first half and i could see them both feature for the first team next season.

Also looking at the photo shoot for (what i assume) is the skysports line up walk up, Dele Alli and Kyle Walkers-peters were in it. A sign that they could be in the squad or just incase?

Don't know if inclusion in the US squad means anything at all in terms of the season ahead, but for the record...

In the first team squad (on the OS) but not in the squad announced for the MLS game:
  • Mason
  • Townsend
  • Pritchard
  • Soldado
  • Chiriches
  • Lennon
  • Adebayor
Not in the first team squad (on the OS) but in the US squad:
  • McGee
  • Glover
  • Winks
  • Onomah
  • Coulthirst

Don't know if inclusion in the US squad means anything at all in terms of the season ahead, but for the record...

In the first team squad (on the OS) but not in the squad announced for the MLS game:
  • Mason
  • Townsend
  • Pritchard
  • Soldado
  • Chiriches
  • Lennon
  • Adebayor
Not in the first team squad (on the OS) but in the US squad:
  • McGee
  • Glover
  • Winks
  • Onomah
  • Coulthirst

I think the 3 in bold are injured so that rules them out. A THFC future looks bleak for the other 4 in that list however.

Of those that are in the second list I think the two keepers are there to make up the numbers because of Lloris' injury and Coulthirst also making up the numbers due to impending departures of Ade and Soldado. The future is looking rosy for Winks and Onomah however.

McGee is the third choice keeper atm. IIRC someone said in another thread that Poch likes Glover. We know Poch rates Winks and Onomah, although Winks has been linked with loan moves away this season.

Our squad is very thin at the moment. We've done brilliantly to get rid of 3 of S Club 7 with Chiriches' departure looking imminent also, hopefully more signings will come as Levy stated "we're not done spending".

Our squad is very thin at the moment. We've done brilliantly to get rid of 3 of S Club 7 with Chiriches' departure looking imminent also, hopefully more signings will come as Levy stated "we're not done spending".
So that's Kaboul, Paulinho, Stambouli and Chiriches.
Adebayor is apparently having a medical at Villa, so that would make it 5/7. Leaving Soldadud and who else? Are you including Lennon in the S club?

Adebayor is apparently having a medical at Villa, so that would make it 5/7. Leaving Soldadud and who else? Are you including Lennon in the S club?

He's referring to the 7 players signed with the Bale money

I was referring to the 7 signed after we sold Bale:

Chadli
Lamela
Soldado
Paulinho
Chiriches
Capoue
Eriksen

Cool. So what did we tag last October's bunch of mutineers? and are we all agreed on who the main culprits were?

I don't think we came up with a name for them yet. No idea who the culprits were, not a good idea to go down this road tbh, assigning blame/criticising the DOF or the system is not cool around these parts.

So any thoughts why the majority of those signings turned out so bad.. I cant believe we were unlucky and signed 4/5 out of 7 players not good enough..

So any thoughts why the majority of those signings turned out so bad.. I cant believe we were unlucky and signed 4/5 out of 7 players not good enough..

4 managers in 3 seasons with very different approaches.

I think we also bought quickly to tie up all the Bale cash in non-taxable assets.

Bringing in Baldini in that July, rather than a year earlier like AVB wanted, didn't help either - only now are we seeing the fruits of his work re overhauling the scouting and analysis infrastructure.

Some article today said that the average number of signings in the Prem was 8 per team... so our Magnificent 7 was not a high number... just high profile

I guess the 8 includes some kids and rubbish too.

How many proper senior players do Spurs sign each summer, someone look it up, stop being so lazy :D

I don't think we came up with a name for them yet. No idea who the culprits were, not a good idea to go down this road tbh, assigning blame/criticising the DOF or the system is not cool around these parts.

Plenty on here have rightly been hurling brick at the likes of Capoue, Kaboul and Adebayor for their bad attitude. That's what I was getting at, not the DoF or the system.

Back