• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Tough call, I like Son but he did underwhelm IMHO last season.
I can see where Poch is going with his quest for faster paced players like "Mane". We all know Zaha's lack of final ball, but maybe Poch could teach him.........it won't be quick!
That's the thing though, we probably all agree that a player like Mane who is fast, skilled, with good overall play and has end-product, would be very useful to us. Zaha isn't one of those players though, he's more like Lennon and Townsend were, players Poch himself actually got out of the club... doesn't make sense imo.

That's the thing though, we probably all agree that a player like Mane who is fast, skilled, with good overall play and has end-product, would be very useful to us. Zaha isn't one of those players though, he's more like Lennon and Townsend were, players Poch himself actually got out of the club... doesn't make sense imo.

Lennon was better

We've all learnt that there's more to it than that though - Lennon and Townsend were seemingly shipped out because of attitude. Perhaps he likes what he's seen of Zaha, and he's got the attitude of someone like Danny Rose and can therefore go from somewhat rubbish to regular England player.

We've all learnt that there's more to it than that though - Lennon and Townsend were seemingly shipped out because of attitude. Perhaps he likes what he's seen of Zaha, and he's got the attitude of someone like Danny Rose and can therefore go from somewhat rubbish to regular England player.

A fair point...especially the possible Rose comparison...

A fair point...especially the possible Rose comparison...

Rose was never 'somewhat rubbish' though. He's improved under Poch, but he was a good player before that who made a couple of high-profile errors. That's why he got young player of the year on loan at Sunderland. IIRC, he was a starter under AVB, Sherwood and Poch. There were people who were adamant that he was rubbish, but they were wrong.

Rose was never 'somewhat rubbish' though. He's improved under Poch, but he was a good player before that who made a couple of high-profile errors. That's why he got young player of the year on loan at Sunderland. IIRC, he was a starter under AVB, Sherwood and Poch. There were people who were adamant that he was rubbish, but they were wrong.

Bloody wrong!

Top lad is 'our' Danny

I agree, but it's similar with Zaha; he was bought by SAF after all and even stuck around to push Palace to get promoted when he could've just 'phoned it in'...i think the comparison still stands, but just that they played different positions

I agree, but it's similar with Zaha; he was bought by SAF after all and even stuck around to push Palace to get promoted when he could've just 'phoned it in'...i think the comparison still stands, but just that they played different positions

I agree that Zaha has some unrealised potential. I don't think the Moyes-run Utd did him any favours. If we buy him, I think he'd do well here but I think we'd get ripped off price wise.

As for Son, imo he showed glimpses of quality last season. This would be his year to make a mark, I'd like him to get the chance -- but at the same time, I can see the appeal in selling him for big money and re-investing in a player more to Poch's liking.

If there is 20M+ on the table for Son, we should take it.

Think he's the type of player that needs a run in side, also the military service stuff means his value will drop off a cliff at some point (as no Olympic medal)

Gotta feeling some of this may have been thrashed out a while ago with Poch/Spurs and the Korean FA. ie he can go to Rio (maybe with a hope of dodging the national service with a medal) and in return skip the odd qualifier??

Would have preferred him to have a clear summer (especially considering the type of injury he had last year), worked with Poch in the summer and started the season fresh and ready with a great chance of starting games with others still recovering from summer tournaments.

Sonny has talent and i do believe he is a different type of player to a lot of the others and potentially a 10-15 goal man.

He seems to be the forgotten man. Really hope he is fully over his injury and delivers big time for us this season.

I really like Son and think on his top form he would be fantastic for us.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed to see Lamela left out, but it seems the plan has worked perfectly.

It worked, and is good for rotation with our players and international duties + CL/cups.

Son is an interesting player, his first touch isn't that great, his passing is poor (at least twice today he failed a simple forward pass that would have put a player though on goal). His positioning, work rate and one touch shooting however is quite good. To me, if we play him, he has to play wide forward (and stay forward)

It worked, and is good for rotation with our players and international duties + CL/cups.

Son is an interesting player, his first touch isn't that great, his passing is poor (at least twice today he failed a simple forward pass that would have put a player though on goal). His positioning, work rate and one touch shooting however is quite good. To me, if we play him, he has to play wide forward (and stay forward)
Thats a fair summary.

For me he was our best player in the first half, and good in the 2nd though he faded in the last 15mins. I know exactly which two passes you are talking about too. They weren't overly difficult passes either. His 2nd goal was a beaut.

He is very clever and finds spaces between the lines that no one else in the squad is capable of.

Against weaker opposition needs to start. Against tougher not so sute

Back