• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Son Heung-min became the first man to win the EA SPORTS Player of the Month twice this season by claiming April's award.

The Tottenham Hotspur forward scored five goals in four consecutive April Premier League matches as his side won six out of six...

He became the first Asian recipient of the award when he won in September and is only the second Spurs player to win it twice within the same season, after Harry Kane in 2014/15.

Was brilliant again today. Two goals, two assists. 20-something goals this season now, alongside a bucketload of assists.

Safe to say he's now fulfilling the promise that made us spend so much to buy him from Leverkusen in the first place. Still makes the wrong decisions at times, still frustrates the hell out of me at times, still messes up the simple at times...but he also makes the beautiful look easy, goes alone and scores when all the world's yelling at him to pass it, and generally ends up being absolutely vital to the team despite never quite looking the finished article. Son Heung-Min in a nutshell. :p

Was brilliant again today. Two goals, two assists. 20-something goals this season now, alongside a bucketload of assists.

Safe to say he's now fulfilling the promise that made us spend so much to buy him from Leverkusen in the first place. Still makes the wrong decisions at times, still frustrates the hell out of me at times, still messes up the simple at times...but he also makes the beautiful look easy, goes alone and scores when all the world's yelling at him to pass it, and generally ends up being absolutely vital to the team despite never quite looking the finished article. Son Heung-Min in a nutshell. :p
He's a natural finisher. I think with Kane, Son Jansen and Alli. we have very good goal scoring options.

He is a Spurs player .. capable of amazing and frustrating all in the space of 5 mins ...

Been a critical player for us this season

The little drag back before he scored his second was sooooo beautiful and highly skillful. If he continues to improve he will be unplayable.

We should definitely be looking at Leverkusen for more players. The right back from a start if Walker does go. I think they also had an Eriksen style player in an attacking midfield position? (Can't remember his name though)

We should definitely be looking at Leverkusen for more players. The right back from a start if Walker does go. I think they also had an Eriksen style player in an attacking midfield position? (Can't remember his name though)

Sadly, Heinrichs has just signed a new contract out to 2022. :( He isn't an option any more. Julian Brandt, that winger they have - he's definitely worth looking at, but Bayern are keen on him too, by all accounts. Jonathan Tah, their right-sided centre-half, is definitely worth a gamble. Chicharito if we need a pure finisher accustomed to the league, although we'd have to guarantee him a starting spot, in all probability.

Son was worth every penny we paid for him, though, so I agree that we should be talking to Bayer to see if they're open to selling to us again.

Was losing lamela a good thing? I don't think we would have seen as much as Son this season of not.
Thats a very good point. Son is a goal scoring machine.

Kane, Alli, Son, Eriksen is a very potent front 4.

Kane 26
Alli 17
Son 14
Eriksen 8

Total PL goals this season: 65

Incredible. I really want us to get Mahrez, but honestly he would have a hell of a job trying to get into that front 4.

Kane 26
Alli 17
Son 14
Eriksen 8

Incredible. I really want us to get Mahrez, but honestly he would have a hell of a job trying to get into that front 4.

Agreed, I would love it if we bought Mahrez. I don't see a problem if we did, we need quality and depth in the squad to compete in all competitions. Can see us buying Barkley though instead.

Kane 26
Alli 17
Son 14
Eriksen 8

Alli and Christian both went through periods earlier in the season where they were poor and not contributing

How great would it be to have an option to rotate them with quality, or have the bench to change a game like against West Ham

Kane 26
Alli 17
Son 14
Eriksen 8

Mahrez has had one outstanding season in his career and would cost crazy money. He really strikes me as a flaky player who has disappeared this season

Will he have a mother worldie... i actually doubt it as he is too reliant on his left foot and players giving him space

Id have taken a chance at a much lower value of what they will ask... now I wouldn't touch him

Perfect summary.

He has the technical ability to warrant a shoot on sight decision, however the difference between him and world class players is knowing when to pass.

Ofcourse he will miss a few but if he didn't gamble he wouldn't have scored as many.

Can we put doubts behind us now after his amazing season scoring some amazing and important goals. Even when he misses I think he has earned the right.

He's a natural finisher. I think with Kane, Son Jansen and Alli. we have very good goal scoring options.

but zero pace at all in attacking areas. Jamie Carragher made his first ever intelligent observation last night on SSN saying that lack of pace (aside from full backs) is likely a reason why we've dropped a lot of points away from home. Liverpool have less of a problem with that as they have Mane and he's the sort of player we need

but zero pace at all in attacking areas. Jamie Carragher made his first ever intelligent observation last night on SSN saying that lack of pace (aside from full backs) is likely a reason why we've dropped a lot of points away from home. Liverpool have less of a problem with that as they have Mane and he's the sort of player we need

Son is very fast. Deceptively though

We dont play counter attacking football like lesser sides who need that pace (although it can be valuable); but some of the reason we have dropped points away from home was a lack of shooting (Spam, Sunderland and United spring to mind), poor finishing (West Brom was on and their keeper had a worldie), having a poor game (pool and west ham) and injuries to key roles in big games (Chelsea away with no left backs at all)

That sensible remark though was tempered him comparing what mane does to what sissoko was doing against Leicester, he was virtually playing rb you Scouse twit.

Lol Son is certainly not slow.

Back