• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

There is a myth that has been perpetuated on this forum and among Spurs fans in general that Son is an impact player and that is how he should best be utilized. I call it a myth because 16 of his 19 goals this season have been in matches he has started. Ergo the more games he starts the more goals he will score

There is a myth that has been perpetuated on this forum and among Spurs fans in general that Son is an impact player and that is how he should best be utilized. I call it a myth because 16 of his 19 goals this season have been in matches he has started. Ergo the more games he starts the more goals he will score
I think it's a comment more attributed to the fact that unlike a lot of our players when he comes on he impacts the game attack wise (similar to how Winks effects it tempo wise)

But those numbers pleasantly surprise me

I think it's a comment more attributed to the fact that unlike a lot of our players when he comes on he impacts the game attack wise (similar to how Winks effects it tempo wise)

But those numbers pleasantly surprise me

If I remember rightly Gent (home), Emirates Marketing Project (away) and Burnley (away) are the 3 matches he in which he came on as a sub and scored. Not only does he have goals but he scares the crap out of players with his pace and

Its amazing how people don't get Levy/club is actually very good at buying quality. Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, VDV, Lloris, Jan, Eriksen, Toby, Wanyama, Son (without even including the players introduced via youth system in Rose, Walker, Kane, etc. or decent squad players like Davies, Trippier, Chadli). Yes, some fail, but if for every GKN & Sissoko you get a Wanyama, for every N'Jie you get a Toby, a hit rate of one top quality player a season is almost unheard of, especially when operating within a realistic budget.

As long as Son is happy being part of the squad and not demanding a start every game, he's an extremely valuable player for us and will get lots of game time.

Good post Daniel:)

Myth my arse. If you've paid attention to how he has actually performed over the season and not went straight to some stats website and picked 6 FA Cup goals to 'prove' your point.

Son started off the season in top form. Then after the October international break his form completely fell away until the start of this month.

During this period of 21 league games he'd start games and look anonymous. Poch would sub him after seeing him fail to make even a single tackle or interception.
Then in the next game he'd sub him on at the end, Son would sometimes change the game only to start the next game and look anonymous.

He scored 3 goals in this period.

Yes he's in form now (5 goals in 4) and was in form at the start of the season(5 goals in 6) but that doesn't reflect the Son we saw most of the year - 3 goals from 20 league games + CL games.

Myth my arse. If you've paid attention to how he has actually performed over the season and not went straight to some stats website and picked 6 FA Cup goals to 'prove' your point.

Son started off the season in top form. Then after the October international break his form completely fell away until the start of this month.

During this period of 21 league games he'd start games and look anonymous. Poch would sub him after seeing him fail to make even a single tackle or interception.
Then in the next game he'd sub him on at the end, Son would sometimes change the game only to start the next game and look anonymous.

Yes he's in form now (5 goals in 4) and was in form at the start of the season(5 goals in 6) but that doesn't reflect the Son we saw most of the year - 3 goals from 20 league games + CL games.

So in essence you are you are saying lets forget about cup games he has scored 12 goals in 28 league matches, just 2 goals short of a 1 in 2 goal return in the league, like I said it is a myth

Seven of his eight goals in all competitions last season came when he started!

My point exactly, again like I said it is a myth

That is simply wrong. He has scored 19 goals this season in all competitions.. yet you say that other than the 5 at the start and the most recent 5 he has scored 3. So you are missing 6 goals from between those 2 great runs of form he had.

Son has made 33 appearances this season in which he has played for more than 5 mins.

Of those 33 he has either scored or assisted in 13. For comparison purposes:

Son has scored or assisted in 13 out of 33 games (39.3% of games). Many of which he only played 45 mins.
Eriksen has scored or assisted in 18 out of 42 games (42.8% of games). Most of which he played the full 90 mins.
Alli has scored or assisted in 23 out of 43 games (53.4% of games) . Most of which he played the full 90 mins.
Kane has scored or assisted in 17 out of 31 games (54.8% of games). Most of which he played over 70 mins.

If you look at it in terms of impact per minutes on the pitch though it looks like:

Alli with a goal or an assist every 125.8 minutes in all competitions this season.
Eriksen with a goal or an assist every 108.75 minutes in all competitions this season.
Son with a goal or an assist every 99.8 minutes in all competitions this season.
Kane with a goal or an assist every 78.3 minutes in all competitions this season.

Back