• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

If anyone has a reputable source summarizing for people who like myself have absolutely no idea of the history / surrounding conflict plus what's kicked off recently in the area that'd be appreciated.

I know nothing of Yemen apart from what I learnt from a refugee from there I lived with a couple of years ago. He always had great hash and his mates were sound, his english wasn't advanced enough to really explain the situation but he'd obviously gone through a bit of a rough time and had family members in the UK posted in hotels that were not allowed to work so just stuck in limbo for years....
The Houthi attacks in the Red Sea are in support of the Palestinians. The UK/US strikes are in retaliation to those attacks. There are dotted lines from the Houthis to Iran and Russia of course. This is certainly a case of "...the planet's little wars start joining hands..." as Matt Johnson once sang.

The Houthi attacks in the Red Sea are in support of the Palestinians. The UK/US strikes are in retaliation to those attacks. There are dotted lines from the Houthis to Iran and Russia of course. This is certainly a case of "...the planet's little wars start joining hands..." as Matt Johnson once sang.

Well that sounds nice and ominous!

Seems like there's always some potential world ending conflict going on. Hard to keep track and it feels a bit like Oceania being told it's suddenly at war with Eurasia as opposed to eastasia. There's always a war on to justify things getting worse for people despite living in a plentiful world.

Cheers to you and @Baleforce for the podcast suggestions. Hopefully they are an easy entry as I am something of a blank canvas.

Well that sounds nice and ominous!

Seems like there's always some potential world ending conflict going on. Hard to keep track and it feels a bit like Oceania being told it's suddenly at war with Eurasia as opposed to eastasia. There's always a war on to justify things getting worse for people despite living in a plentiful world.

Cheers to you and @Baleforce for the podcast suggestions. Hopefully they are an easy entry as I am something of a blank canvas.
Well that's only about 10% of it, unfortunately. Today's geopolitical chessboard takes a while to absorb if you are not constantly tuned in. One thing that is fairly obvious is that we are at a watershed moment in human history, both geopolitically and from a climate perspective, and only human civilisation is on the line! I wish that was hyperbole but it is not.
Right, time for some happy juice made from grapes.

Edit: I just spotted this in twitter so watch out for that episode I guess

Last edited:
Well that's only about 10% of it, unfortunately. Today's geopolitical chessboard takes a while to absorb if you are not constantly tuned in. One thing that is fairly obvious is that we are at a watershed moment in human history, both geopolitically and from a climate perspective, and only human civilisation is on the line! I wish that was hyperbole but it is not.
.....yeah, but at least we got a centre back in.

I'd love to air my thoughts on that one but I don't want to get in trouble with your surfing buddy for being in any way patronizing or condescending to such a sincere and down to earth poster, GHod forbid using unspecified woke gen z language.

With the stern warning in mind I don't want to be a buzzkill so great joke celebrating people calling for a ceasefire getting ran over, hilarious stuff. I can't remember if you did similar material about the hijacked lorries used to plough down folks attending German Christmas markets, ripe for comedy as well no doubt.

The worst thing was I clicked on the link without noticing the news outlet, in the top articles there was the headline "Why inclusivity ideology is dangerous" or something to that effect. I'm always amazed that this kind of dog whistling works but then it's been tried and tested over time.

Last edited:
Yes, some wear wigs and gowns in the ICJ.
I doubt they'll want to make themselves irrelevant by aligning themselves with anti-semitic godtards and their half-witted followers but we'll see.

Will be interesting to see what happens to them if they decide that way and get roundly ignored by the western world.

I'd love to air my thoughts on that one but I don't want to get in trouble with your surfing buddy for being in any way patronizing or condescending to such a sincere and down to earth poster, GHod forbid using unspecified woke gen z language.

With the stern warning in mind I don't want to be a buzzkill so great joke celebrating people calling for a ceasefire getting ran over, hilarious stuff. I can't remember if you did similar material about the hijacked lorries used to plough down folks attending German Christmas markets, ripe for comedy as well no doubt.

The worst thing was I clicked on the link without noticing the news outlet, in the top articles there was the headline "Why inclusivity ideology is dangerous" or something to that effect. I'm always amazed that this kind of dog whistling works but then it's been tried and tested over time.
You're right this was pretty bad. Mainly because the driver was old and old people drive very slowly.

I'm quite happy with anti-Semites being hit by cars - I take it you're not?

You're right this was pretty bad. Mainly because the driver was old and old people drive very slowly.

I'm quite happy with anti-Semites being hit by cars - I take it you're not?

I'm just not really in to auto mobile based violence as a counter to what I'm assuming was a peaceful protest. Let's say it wasn't a peaceful protest and even then, surprisingly I'm not in to a vigilante style driving a vehicle in to a crowd as a counter - violence begets violence, I'm not sure if you can compute that but do please try. If you are sincerely* pro what happened you might just be taking the whole villain schtick a little far but that's only my opinion!

I also not hugely in to blatant misuse of the term anti semitism either because it's dangerous but it's not something I predict that you're ever going to move your stance on. The thing is it's been kindly explained to you by others including a few Jewish posters and it's obviously not penetrated the ever so open minded telegraph reader's brain, quelle surprise. If it's going to take you a couple of days to reply with some more nonsense you needn't bother.

*This word is available in all reputable dictionaries and search engines, it's worth a look.

I'm just not really in to auto mobile based violence as a counter to what I'm assuming was a peaceful protest. Let's say it wasn't a peaceful protest and even then, surprisingly I'm not in to a vigilante style driving a vehicle in to a crowd as a counter - violence begets violence, I'm not sure if you can compute that but do please try. If you are sincerely* pro what happened you might just be taking the whole villain schtick a little far but that's only my opinion!

I also not hugely in to blatant misuse of the term anti semitism either because it's dangerous but it's not something I predict that you're ever going to move your stance on. The thing is it's been kindly explained to you by others including a few Jewish posters and it's obviously not penetrated the ever so open minded telegraph reader's brain, quelle surprise. If it's going to take you a couple of days to reply with some more nonsense you needn't bother.

*This word is available in all reputable dictionaries and search engines, it's worth a look.
I don't care if the protest was peaceful or not, the world is better off with fewer anti-Semites in it.

Would you be upset to see a car drive into a BNP rally, even if it were peaceful?

Obviously the ideal solution would be for the police/courts to deal with it properly but in the absence of that, I'll take a pensioner in a car doing something over nothing.

I don't care if the protest was peaceful or not, the world is better off with fewer anti-Semites in it.

Would you be upset to see a car drive into a BNP rally, even if it were peaceful?

Obviously the ideal solution would be for the police/courts to deal with it properly but in the absence of that, I'll take a pensioner in a car doing something over nothing.

I don't think that violence is an effective teaching tool. Even at my most psychotic I'd hope I wouldn't think it was a positive thing to try to injure people with a car because they hold a different POV about something. That you're calmy stating it like it's a reasonable and sound suggestion is pretty dark.

As far as I am aware, it is still legal to protest wars / genocides but is illegal to drive cars in to groups of people, so what you're suggesting is the thing that would need to be sorted by the police / courts.

Again on the misuse of the term anti semitism, there's no room for a pause for thought and you're still baying for violence which would also injure Jewish people as they also attend the protests for a ceasefire.

You can't do your tired "You can't take a joke" routine because it's apparent you're not joking and it displays that you're really not worthy of the time it's taken even to type this out tbh.

I don't think that violence is an effective teaching tool. Even at my most psychotic I'd hope I wouldn't think it was a positive thing to try to injure people with a car because they hold a different POV about something. That you're calmy stating it like it's a reasonable and sound suggestion is pretty dark.

As far as I am aware, it is still legal to protest wars / genocides but is illegal to drive cars in to groups of people, so what you're suggesting is the thing that would need to be sorted by the police / courts.

Again on the misuse of the term anti semitism, there's no room for a pause for thought and you're still baying for violence which would also injure Jewish people as they also attend the protests for a ceasefire.

You can't do your tired "You can't take a joke" routine because it's apparent you're not joking and it displays that you're really not worthy of the time it's taken even to type this out tbh.
I'm absolutely not joking.

Any action that removes an anti-Semite from this planet makes the planet one better. I'm not advocating the use of violence as a teaching tool, I'm advocating its use to improve the world and reduce the number of racists. Surely that's a cause we can all get behind.

Claiming those on the march aren't anti-Semites and aren't breaking the law is like claiming that those on a BNP march aren't either. We all know what they are, just because they're not saying anything overtly racist at that precise moment, doesn't mean they're suddenly good people who are of use to the planet.

I'm absolutely not joking.

Any action that removes an anti-Semite from this planet makes the planet one better. I'm not advocating the use of violence as a teaching tool, I'm advocating its use to improve the world and reduce the number of racists. Surely that's a cause we can all get behind.

Claiming those on the march aren't anti-Semites and aren't breaking the law is like claiming that those on a BNP march aren't either. We all know what they are, just because they're not saying anything overtly racist at that precise moment, doesn't mean they're suddenly good people who are of use to the planet.

So the Jewish people on the march are anti semites deserve to be put to death because you don't understand the term anti semitism? It's an insane position particularly due to your complete intolerance of religion / religious people in general.

I don't agree with the BNP but I don't want their supporters to die. There's a lot of reasons to join a march for peace that don't include being anti semitic which is why plenty of semites are on the marches, this literally seems to be beyond your comprehension, you just don't want to acknowledge it and it's super strange, you have seen and understand those words right?

We're going round in circles and I'm happy to leave this one, there's no point talking to a positivity vacuum who is condoning not even just violence against peaceful protesters but literal genocide to solve a problem, it's like you must have dropped your humanity out of your pocket when you were a kid or something.

Let's say hypothetically that all of the protesters were racist / anti semitic (you don't put this hypothetically if course but as a literal statement, which is vile whether you accept it or not), I don't think removing them off the earth is the solution.

You may have missed it out in it but there's this brilliant thing called education, when you combine it with the notion that human's opinions and beliefs are transient, you get to something that resembles a humane society without capital punishment.

Edit - If you can add anything of use feel free to at me in the sick world thread to bring this one back to what it's meant for.

Last edited:
This is meant to be a jovial account of what happened today so to bring it back on course, I went to the gym for the first time in ages today, trying to work off the holiday weight and click back in to gear with the diet / cutting out booze etc some people transition back to normalcy easily, I do struggle with it!

Light session, we'll see how I feel tomorrow, thinking of doing full body three times a week and swimming on the other days with one day of rest.

Back