• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

My horse ran a race at Haydock and won very easily
Had a lovely afternoon with the family at the Cinema watching Wonka
Had a decent dinner to celebrate another win for my nag too

Happy new year to each and everyone of you, wherever you are! May the coming year bring lots of happiness to you and your loved ones, and trophies for Spurs!

Although there are arguments and disagreements, I love this place and I appreciate every single one of you!
Take care and have a great new years eve! Now I'm gonna enjoy watching Match of the day, before I go to bed with my little boys!
Thank you and goodnight!

Big earthquake in Ishikawa, Japan today at around 4:15pm. Felt it in Osaka, shook quite a lot. Now there are dire warnings of a tsunami on the north coast of Japan (not near me thankfully). I really fudging hope this turns out to be nothing.

Last edited:
Finally submitted my last assignment for my postgrad course just a moment ago.

It’s not an MSc it’s a PGCert from Birkbeck of an evening. If that sounds naff so be it, but it has been challenging - yet it is only 1/3 the effort of an MSc but at the same level - and took me 16 months.

Never ever knock people studying. And GHod bless those who pass on knowledge.

Last edited:
I should mention my last assignment was about seismic data from Marsquakes (yes “earthquakes” but on Mars) -recorded by a single seismometer landed on Mars (NASA Insights SEIS).

Reports of Mars’ death may be exaggerated…

I went to a football fan forum and watched some scary video clips of earthquake after effects and read about a smart, hard-working man who's studying earthquakes on Mars.

Felt very small and humble and questioned myself for laughing at Arsenal's tremors.

On the brighter side of Sunday, Jan. 7, 2024.

After finishing up some morning chainsaw work trimming a sprawling crab apple tree and rabid bushes on our and our neighbour's property (winter's the best time to go lumberjacking), shovelled three inches of snow from my front walk, sidewalk, driveway and bedroom, kitchen and garden decks.

Showered, ate a ham and cheese croissant, poured a gin and cranberry juice and at 11:30 am watched:

Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool (missed a few bits, saw all the goals and post-match kvetching from Arsenal)

Did some office work then tuned in at 4:30 to see:

Chicago 9 at Green Bay 17 (NFL)

At 8pm, Buffalo 21 at Miami 14 (NFL) began as I shared in preparation and consumption of strip loin steak and frites, with some lovely Spanish Monastrell red wine.

Cheered for every result. I call that an enjoyable and productive day.

Kids are just amazing at adapting to new situations/circumstances
They spent their 1st night at our new house lastnight, went to bed straight to sleep wake up get ready for school no problems at all
Love that in them

Kids are just amazing at adapting to new situations/circumstances
They spent their 1st night at our new house lastnight, went to bed straight to sleep wake up get ready for school no problems at all
Love that in them
I have an antiques shop and to see their faces and reaction to things is fascinating.

This Yemen situation could easily get out of hand.

The Houthi’s attacked a Russian ship, thinking it was ours.

If anyone has a reputable source summarizing for people who like myself have absolutely no idea of the history / surrounding conflict plus what's kicked off recently in the area that'd be appreciated.

I know nothing of Yemen apart from what I learnt from a refugee from there I lived with a couple of years ago. He always had great hash and his mates were sound, his english wasn't advanced enough to really explain the situation but he'd obviously gone through a bit of a rough time and had family members in the UK posted in hotels that were not allowed to work so just stuck in limbo for years....

If anyone has a reputable source summarizing for people who like myself have absolutely no idea of the history / surrounding conflict plus what's kicked off recently in the area that'd be appreciated.

I know nothing of Yemen apart from what I learnt from a refugee from there I lived with a couple of years ago. He always had great hash and his mates were sound, his english wasn't advanced enough to really explain the situation but he'd obviously gone through a bit of a rough time and had family members in the UK posted in hotels that were not allowed to work so just stuck in limbo for years....
This is not a drill podcast is worth a listen.

Back