• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

The fissures growing under and near to Grindavik erupted earlier this evening.

Incredible live images from Webcams. There will not be the dangerous explosivity nor ash nor mudslides but the lava may cause extensive damage to infrastructure.

Some early suggestions that the fissure has opened near the worse case scenario - impacts the power plant and unfortunately towards grindavik.

Last edited:
Had a brick night ( cold, coughing etc) and i have tested for Covid this morning( first time) :( Had to be xmas and means i will miss tomorrows game.

Still waiting for the last two packages.. Who said doing it online is less stressful!
Last one arrived in the mailbox 10 minutes ago! That said, I've tried to do most of the shopping locally, although yesterday I had to drive 200km to get what I wanted, as all the shops locally didn't stock the item, or were sold out.

Was in Glasgow city centre yesterday morning, my GHod everyone looked so depressed!
Caught the train to Edinburgh and it was better but not by much (Edinburgh is a much nicer city, pity about the locals 😋).
Walk from Queen street station to Glasgow Central to get train home and for last Friday before Christmas it was pretty quite.
Christmas doesn't really appear to be kicking in this year.

Technically yesterday, but anyway, had a power cut locally, took about 5000 homes out. Wet and windy night, but they had it sorted and back on within an hour. Well impressed with UK Power Networks.

Back