• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sick sick world what is wrong with people

It's probably a symptom of the social media age - the need for instant information, which naturally doesn't allow for solid verification.
This is the first time I don't feel like the BBC are taking the cautious reporting style I would expect from them.
The items that come more from the BBC World Service side still seems to be doing what it should be.
I've always been a huge advocate for the BBC.
And I think you should continue to be. I don't think it is ever easy to report from a warzone but they still do it better than most.

Apologies for reposting my own message but I thought it addressed one or two points that @Robspur12 was making

Especially around this ongoing narrative that gaza is under constant rocket attack.... again something that has been taken as fact with little proof and, what I think is, a great theory for why it can't be 100% true

@dawaxman i asked you a some questions a few days back. You said you were emotionally drained and would get back to the questions when you had more energy.

I would appreciate answers to those questions as to know your stance on these subjects.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTA
I dont think I have ever made that point.
Apologies, I took a line out of your post out of context. I saw 'bomb the hell out of their neighbours' and assumed you were referring to Israel

My point still stands though, as a lot of people I've seen refer to Israel reducing gaza to rubble

Sorry for misquoting you though

@dawaxman i asked you a some questions a few days back. You said you were emotionally drained and would get back to the questions when you had more energy.

I would appreciate answers to those questions as to know your stance on these subjects.
Could you please repost it... its probably several pages back now

https://x.com/muhammadshehad2/status/1714677354390344073?s=20

no idea how to actually post the twitter link with picture and everything . But this is a Jewish Israeli apparently in his panic room because the Israeli Extremists are threatening him.

voices like his are so important to hear, I hope he is safe.
Pretty sure that guy's been arrested in the past for promoting terrorism. If it's him I'm thinking of, I'm really struggling to find any empathy for him.

If he dislikes the actions of his government, maybe he should live, as a Jew, in Gaza - under the rule of Hamas, alongside the terrorists he openly supports. I'm sure he'll be nice and safe there.....

And I think you should continue to be. I don't think it is ever easy to report from a warzone but they still do it better than most.
As an institution I am. BBC News Channel and BBC World Service are great still. There just seems to be something very off balance about the mainstream coverage here.
I always take my news from multiple sources and with a step back anyway, so I'm not concerned for me.

Pretty sure that guy's been arrested in the past for promoting terrorism. If it's him I'm thinking of, I'm really struggling to find any empathy for him.

If he dislikes the actions of his government, maybe he should live, as a Jew, in Gaza - under the rule of Hamas, alongside the terrorists he openly supports. I'm sure he'll be nice and safe there.....

I don’t know of him at all. But I thought his message was good.

I don’t know where you got the impression he supports terrorists?

is your position seriously: To be against the Israeli government is to support terrorists?

There is a lot in here.

But If you are suggest I’m anti Jewish you are off your rocker. I’m not that guy.

You are offended because I’m saying that the settlements in the west bank demonstrate that Israel is not being an honest participant in building a viable two state solution.

so show me how the settlements enhance the prospects of that mate?

While you’re at it show me how the settlements enhance Israel’s security? I can understand with the Golan heights but explain it to me with the West Bank settlements help a two state solution become a reality.

unless you don’t want a two state solution. If so tell us your plan?

now on to why I feel i can comment on a complex situation, do you have a PHD in every subject you talk about? I will say this though I have more knowledge about both sides of this situation than most people do.

tell me something, what are the things that Israel are doing wrong both historically and more recently?

Just for clarification, I have condemned Hamas’ actions without reservation and not just on here.

here it is @dawaxman

Props to you for going back to dig this out....

Here are your questions with my answers:

so show me how the settlements enhance the prospects of that mate? I don't think they do

While you’re at it show me how the settlements enhance Israel’s security? I don't think they do

I can understand with the Golan heights but explain it to me with the West Bank settlements help a two state solution become a reality. I can't

unless you don’t want a two state solution. If so tell us your plan? Get rid of the terrorists in the area and all of the people who's only mission in life is to destroy Israel and all Jews, then a two state solution is simple. Proof is in the many hundreds of thousands of non-Jewish people living and thriving in Israel already. Its an inclusive democracy generally and people of all walks of life are welcome there.... all except the terrorists and the people who want to kill Jews

now on to why I feel i can comment on a complex situation, do you have a PHD in every subject you talk about? No I don't

tell me something, what are the things that Israel are doing wrong both historically and more recently? Primarily not caring what the rest of the world thinks about how they go about destroying the threat of terrorists...

Overall, I see you...I can see passive aggressiveness when I read it... I've answered your questions and I'll continue to post on here about my views based on my personal experience and my educated research of BOTH sides of this complex situation

I won't have someone try to intimidate me into not speaking up by implying I'm misinformed or not considering the bad things that the Israeli government have done

I have never said that they are perfect but their actions are built on a tapestry of centuries of antisemitism and violence against them

is your position seriously: To be against the Israeli government is to support terrorists?
The average Israeli is not a terrorist, and only wants to live in peace. The average Palestine isn't a terrorist, and only wants to live in peace. Both Hamas and the Israeli government are terrorist, and the actions of both are appalling, and has been for years. The formation of the state of Israel, is probably the single biggest political mistake ever made. Has only cause immense trouble.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but how can Israel produce an intercepted phone call with loads of imagery a few hours after the hospital incident yet has zero intel in the run up to the Hamas attack. Just seems a bit off.

Also the UN veto thing is silly, needs reforming. Makes it toothless.

He tweeted in support of a terrorist attempting to carry out an attack in Tel Aviv. I'm having to rely on someone else's translation, but he tweeted:
See what a hero is: He traveled [sic] the whole way from Nablus to Tel Aviv, and despite all the Israelis surrounding him who take some part in oppressing, crushing and killing his people — he regardless sought out legitimate targets and avoided harming innocents.... In a proper world, he would get a medal.

Interesting that you've not posted the Palestinians who have spoken out against hamas

Props to you for going back to dig this out....

Here are your questions with my answers:

so show me how the settlements enhance the prospects of that mate? I don't think they do

While you’re at it show me how the settlements enhance Israel’s security? I don't think they do

I can understand with the Golan heights but explain it to me with the West Bank settlements help a two state solution become a reality. I can't

unless you don’t want a two state solution. If so tell us your plan? Get rid of the terrorists in the area and all of the people who's only mission in life is to destroy Israel and all Jews, then a two state solution is simple. Proof is in the many hundreds of thousands of non-Jewish people living and thriving in Israel already. Its an inclusive democracy generally and people of all walks of life are welcome there.... all except the terrorists and the people who want to kill Jews

now on to why I feel i can comment on a complex situation, do you have a PHD in every subject you talk about? No I don't

tell me something, what are the things that Israel are doing wrong both historically and more recently? Primarily not caring what the rest of the world thinks about how they go about destroying the threat of terrorists...

Overall, I see you...I can see passive aggressiveness when I read it... I've answered your questions and I'll continue to post on here about my views based on my personal experience and my educated research of BOTH sides of this complex situation

I won't have someone try to intimidate me into not speaking up by implying I'm misinformed or not considering the bad things that the Israeli government have done

I have never said that they are perfect but their actions are built on a tapestry of centuries of antisemitism and violence against them

Firstly thanks for taking the time.

but on your last couple of paragraphs there is no passive aggressive stance from me at all.

And I’m not trying to shut you down for a second. It was you that said ‘if you haven’t got skin in the game’ then why are you commenting, why do you care… and accused people of antisemitism because they dared comment. That my friend is trying to shut people down.

you are projecting what you have done on to me, not cool.

Maybe instead of gaslighting you should try to ask people questions and find out their position on subjects

FYI if you asked you would have found out

I want Israel to exist in peace with its neighbours and the wider world. Not just for now but for a very long long time into the future.

I also want the Palestinians to have a viable homeland of their own and live good lives.

I support a two state solution where everyone can live in peace

I see the importance of Israel to Jewish people world wide.

And I also see the importance of Palestine to Palestinian people.

I’m not going to keep quiet, and I’m not going to pick a side.

I’m going to call out wrong when it happens on both sides, and try to find light and togetherness when that happens as well.

The average Israeli is not a terrorist, and only wants to live in peace. The average Palestine isn't a terrorist, and only wants to live in peace. Both Hamas and the Israeli government are terrorist, and the actions of both are appalling, and has been for years. The formation of the state of Israel, is probably the single biggest political mistake ever made. Has only cause immense trouble.
But we are where we are and I can understand why the Jews chose Israel as their place of safety. And It should be safe.

But what we need is a properly respected and honored 2 state solution Gaza and West Bank for the Palestinians and Israel for the Jews. Unfortunately neither Hamas nor the Current Israeli government respects it. But my concern is the war is only strengthening Hamas and weakening the Palestinian Authority. I am praying the PA don't fall.

What the actual fudge?

You are calling the Israeli government terrorists? Seriously? You're still claiming that the bombing of the hospital the other day was the IDF I suppose?

Do you have any concept whatsoever why the state of Israel was formed? You can claim it was done in an imperfect way, but to say it was the single biggest political mistake ever?

Not nazism, not Marxism, not communism but the formation of a state of Israel

Wow

Back