• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I think a lot of our success this year is based on concentrating solely on what we do and not worrying about anyone else so lets just keep going with that mindset.
To be honest though - I expect that's exactly what Pochettino and the team are doing... so I'm not sure it really matters what the mindset of a bunch of fans on a forum (me included) might be ;-)

Personally,I would want Chelsea and Yoonited to qualify for a European cup. The more games they have to play, the better. And they'll both be stronger next season, so that should help our coefficient. Else we'll have to be aiming for top 3. Which is still doable given our ever improving team, but good to have that 4th spot to fall back to, just in case.

Personally,I would want Chelsea and Yoonited to qualify for a European cup. The more games they have to play, the better. And they'll both be stronger next season, so that should help our coefficient. Else we'll have to be aiming for top 3. Which is still doable given our ever improving team, but good to have that 4th spot to fall back to, just in case.
If they do so via winning the CL and Europa and miss out on the top 4 themselves then we would not get a CL spot if we finished in 4th place.

No-one has pointed out our amazing goal difference - +25!!!! 10 ahead of Arsenal and best in the league, thats an extra point right there!!
When did that last happen - we always seemed to have a brick GD every season. Absolutely brilliant.
Spurs have only finished a season with a goal difference of +25 or better on 4 occasions since we returned to the top division in 1979 and we've finished no lower than 4th each time...

23i8dba.jpg

If they do so via winning the CL and Europa and miss out on the top 4 themselves then we would not get a CL spot if we finished in 4th place.
I'm obviously wishing they qualify provided it's not to our detriment. Duh

In any case, we'll be finishing 3rd, so it won't be an issue either way. :)

I'm obviously wishing they qualify provided it's not to our detriment. Duh

In any case, we'll be finishing 3rd, so it won't be an issue either way. :)

Why not above 3rd.
We can realistically Finish 2nd , or even win the goddamn league.
Have faith guys.
COYS

3rd Jan:
1. Arsenal 42
2. Leicester 40
3. City 39
4. Spurs 36

2nd Feb:
1. Leicester 50
2. City 47
3. Spurs 45
4. Arsenal 45

In that scenario English teams would not get an extra spot. The top 4 in the league would simply be our 4 CL qualifiers.

If a team wins the CL and doesn't finish in the CL qualifying positions in the PL then England would get 5 places.

If a team wins the Europa League and doesn't finish in the CL qualifying positions in the PL then England would get 5 places.

The nightmare would be if City/Arsenal/Chelsea won the CL and finished outside of the top 4, AND Liverpool or Man Utd won the Europa League and finished outside the top 4. In that case the team finishing 4th in the PL would drop down to the Europa League.

You cant really see City or Arsenal finishing outside the Top 4, but the real threat could be Chelsea winning the CL again, surely after fallng another 2pts further back tonight they will go all-out for both Cups now.
I honestly cant see Liverpool winning the Europa League, United are the danger for me on that score.

But at the end of the day, its all pie-in-the-sky right now, we arent sure to finish in the Top 4 yet, granted the chances look better by the week, but still a long long way to go before we start worrying about what ifs

You cant really see City or Arsenal finishing outside the Top 4, but the real threat could be Chelsea winning the CL again, surely after fallng another 2pts further back tonight they will go all-out for both Cups now.
I honestly cant see Liverpool winning the Europa League, United are the danger for me on that score.

But at the end of the day, its all pie-in-the-sky right now, we arent sure to finish in the Top 4 yet, granted the chances look better by the week, but still a long long way to go before we start worrying about what ifs

Hmmm...I think there's more chance of Wheelchair beating Brad Friedel's EPL appearance record.

And constant moaning and bitching like a brocken record ( which is what you do) makes it any better? We all know you have no time for Levy and will jump on the first chance ( or perceived chance) to spew your bile.

Hahaha....to be honest, this is now considerably amusing. :D

1OR11-G-MAIN.jpg

You may or (more likely) may not recognize it: either way, it would be a valuable addition to your glass house, fella.

Oh, lord. :D

I think a lot of our success this year is based on concentrating solely on what we do and not worrying about anyone else so lets just keep going with that mindset.

That's the only way to make it work for the team Spurs are fielding.

Always enjoy how NHL ice hockey teams break it down even further. Never mind winning the next game, or the next period of play, they simply demand: 'Win the next shift'.

Most NHL shifts are less than a minute. That's the kind of focus Pochettino wants to see.

Remaining_Fixtures.png

Last season's results would take us to 70 points. To win the league we'd need closer to 80.

Remaining_Fixtures.png

Last season's results would take us to 70 points. To win the league we'd need closer to 80.

That is an interesting perspective. To improve on last season's results we need not only not to let any points slip away against teams we beat last season (especially Arsenal H and Wet Spam A) but also we need to get more points at:

Emirates Marketing Project A
Liverpool A
Man U H
Stoke A
West Brom H
Chelsea A

No easy task (apart from West Brom H) IMO

3rd Jan:
1. Arsenal 42
2. Leicester 40
3. City 39
4. Spurs 36

2nd Feb:
1. Leicester 50
2. City 47
3. Spurs 45
4. Arsenal 45

Shows how quickly things can change. I actually expect Man Utd to come back into the race, perhaps not for the title but certainly for the top 4. We've managed to fudge up both a seven and ten point lead over Arsenal at a later stage of a season than this before, under two different managers, so five points certainly doesn't have us in the clear just yet, regardless of how good the buzz is around the place at the moment.

Remaining_Fixtures.png

I will be very surprised if we go on a second 12 game unbeaten run in one season, especially not at the business end of things.That April run in is ridiculous and that's before we throw any potential latter stage cup games in.

Although wouldn't it be nice if we won the title at Stamford Bridge :)

Back