• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Still League>EL>FA Cup for me.

First leg vs Fiorentina is definitely winnable and I'd throw our full strength side at that. The FA Cup ahs been unfair to us as we have Palace 3 days later, so I'd put out a youth side mixed with the second string which should see us lose.
After that, we will only have two competitions to worry about, but if we do beat Palace then I'd still treat the FA Cup poorly, fielding second string players.

League > FA Cup > EL for me.

We are closer to winning the FA Cup than we are to winning the EL.

Fwiw, our current tally after 24 league games compared to Spurs' recent best campaigns at the same stage...

2005/06: Fourth / W11 / D8 / L5 / GF31 / GA20 / GD+11 / Pts41
2009/10: Fourth / W12 / D6 / L6 / GF45 / GA25 / GD+20 / Pts42
2011/12: Third / W15 / D5 / L4 / GF44 / GA25 / GD+19 / Pts50
2012/13: Fourth / W12 / D6 / L6 / GF41 / GA29 / GD+12 / Pts42
2015/16: Third / W12 / D9 / L3 / GF44 / GA19 / GD +25 / Pts45

I wont be surprised if Leciester get 6 points against City and Arsenal. They are suited to playing them. Soak it up and hit them on the break. A team with balls and belief versus two teams with none.

I like how the roles seem to be reversed this season. In the past it was Le Scum chasing us, catching up, and passing us. Now we're doing it to them.
I wont be surprised if Leciester get 6 points against City and Arsenal. They are suited to playing them. Soak it up and hit them on the break. A team with balls and belief versus two teams with none.
And they seem to have sorted out their defensive issues too. How they did that with the players they have is beyond me. I still think the bubble will burst, although the fact they only have a game a week till the end of the season may keep this run going. Interesting times.

No-one has pointed out our amazing goal difference - +25!!!! 10 ahead of Arsenal and best in the league, thats an extra point right there!!

I like how the roles seem to be reversed this season. In the past it was Le Scum chasing us, catching up, and passing us. Now we're doing it to them.

And they seem to have sorted out their defensive issues too. How they did that with the players they have is beyond me. I still think the bubble will burst, although the fact they only have a game a week till the end of the season may keep this run going. Interesting times.

Good point. They have just the league to focus on. Ourselves, Emirates Marketing Project and Scum are still in 3 competitions.

Fwiw, our current tally after 24 league games compared to Spurs' recent best campaigns at the same stage...

2005/06: Fourth / W11 / D8 / L5 / GF31 / GA20 / GD+11 / Pts41
2009/10: Fourth / W12 / D6 / L6 / GF45 / GA25 / GD+20 / Pts42
2011/12: Third / W15 / D5 / L4 / GF44 / GA25 / GD+19 / Pts50
2012/13: Fourth / W12 / D6 / L6 / GF41 / GA29 / GD+12 / Pts42
2015/16: Third / W12 / D9 / L3 / GF44 / GA19 / GD +25 / Pts45

That 11/12 season still haunts me..

No-one has pointed out our amazing goal difference - +25!!!! 10 ahead of Arsenal and best in the league, thats an extra point right there!!

When did that last happen - we always seemed to have a brick GD every season. Absolutely brilliant.

Goal_Difference.png

Home_Goal_Difference.png

Away_Goal_Difference.png

Teams are sorted by the number of points they've taken.

What if we finish 1st-4th, win the EL and Arse finish 5th? Or worse, Chelsea finish 5th, we give them a CL spot?

Please tell me that's not how it works :eek:

What if we finish 1st-4th, win the EL and Arse finish 5th? Or worse, Chelsea finish 5th, we give them a CL spot?

Please tell me that's not how it works :eek:
In that scenario English teams would not get an extra spot. The top 4 in the league would simply be our 4 CL qualifiers.

If a team wins the CL and doesn't finish in the CL qualifying positions in the PL then England would get 5 places.

If a team wins the Europa League and doesn't finish in the CL qualifying positions in the PL then England would get 5 places.

The nightmare would be if City/Arsenal/Chelsea won the CL and finished outside of the top 4, AND Liverpool or Man Utd won the Europa League and finished outside the top 4. In that case the team finishing 4th in the PL would drop down to the Europa League.

Let's just keep our heads down, keep on playing as we have, getting the results we have. Everything else will get sorted - I'm just enjoying the season as it is, and the way it's going, we are going to finish in amazing fashion ! Just pray we have the stamina to see it throoouuugh ... a goonie mate of mine texted me this monring saying we are the real deal; I just said from past recent experience, I won't count anything as done until that fat lady is singing.

Then we see how the dust has settled. But my oh my, our defense is sooo mean, loooving the Goal Difference ! THAT's the BIG difference right there.

Sweeping stuff under the rug never benefits anyone, you know. Still, your choice.

And constant moaning and bitching like a brocken record ( which is what you do) makes it any better? We all know you have no time for Levy and will jump on the first chance ( or perceived chance) to spew your bile.

Almost exactly a year ago to date we beat them to leapfrog them in the league

Indeed and why we should take one game at a time.

Each one we play is the most important game of the season.

The Watford match for me is a BIG potential banana skin and we need to be really on it to get the 3 points.

The nightmare would be if City/Arsenal/Chelsea won the CL and finished outside of the top 4, AND Liverpool or Man Utd won the Europa League and finished outside the top 4. In that case the team finishing 4th in the PL would drop down to the Europa League.

It's gotta be worth putting a bet on that that will happen

Each one we play is the most important game of the season.

The Watford match for me is a BIG potential banana skin and we need to be really on it to get the 3 points.

Amen to that. As for the Watford I agree as well.

Back