• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Do you really? I see us winning WBA and Southampton. Stoke draw maybe Chelsea lose and Saudi Sportswashing Machine lose.

I see us winning all our games and I mean that seriously

We have a week break now before each game and that for us is like catnip...

We excel when we're fresh and the players will know before every game what they need to do

Chelsea are experimenting with there line up and despite their desire to derail our season I genuinely think they will struggle with our game in a similar manner to United

The rest of the games are all against teams thy effectively have nothing to play for and actually aren't very good (poocastle will be down when we play them)

Do you really? I see us winning WBA and Southampton. Stoke draw maybe Chelsea lose and Saudi Sportswashing Machine lose.
Did you see us dominating Utd the way we did yesterday? We have to stop thinking like old Spurs and see what is in front of our eyes. This current team can outplay any team in the league, especially the Stokes and Newcastles.

Did you see us dominating Utd the way we did yesterday? We have to stop thinking like old Spurs and see what is in front of our eyes. This current team can outplay any team in the league, especially the Stokes and Newcastles.

We're Spurs fans .. We're allowed to dream and then pull it all away in an instant!!!

We have to change our attitude as fans as the players have clearly changed their mindset

Isn't strange seeing the players have a belief that we could learn from... It helps that their young and don't know failure but we as fans have to get with the programme now

This team is currently set up to compete for the foreseeable future and nothing is holding them back

Stoke next Monday is another Cup final. The 3pts advanatge we have on Arsenal will probably be cancelled out by Chelsea away. I think we need 10 more points to secure 2nd. A win next really takes the pressure off on that score.
Upto last season we had a good recent record at Stoke, but when you see the back six that afternoon, you can probably understand how we get pumped.

Dier - Chiriches - Fazio - Vertonghen
Bentaleb - Mason

The two better defenders in positions that don't particularly prefer, and Carcrash ended up getting sent off.

No early Charlie Adam goal this time around and we are in a with a big shout

True. However I was also watching us at home to Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Anything can happen especially in this fudged up season!!

True. However I was also watching us at home to Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Anything can happen especially in this fudgeed up season!!

We battered both sides

Leicester had two shots in that game and the goal they scored came from our defenders pushing each other over

Saudi Sportswashing Machine should have been 3 down by half time

We the had our worst half (combined with West Ham away first half) of the season after a europa game (shocker)

With a clear mid week now we will be a sight to behold

We battered both sides

Leicester had two shots in that game and the goal they scored came from our defenders pushing each other over

Saudi Sportswashing Machine should have been 3 down by half time

We the had our worst half (combined with West Ham away first half) of the season after a europa game (shocker)

With a clear mid week now we will be a sight to behold

I know we did but my point is we didn't get the job done we should've. That could happen again and I wouldn't bet against it the way this season is going.

I know we did but my point is we didn't get the job done we should've. That could happen again and I wouldn't bet against it the way this season is going.

We're getting the job done now though - last week we went behind to Liverpool at a ground we have an atrocious record at yet we came back and should have won

Yesterday for some time we didn't look like scoring and a 1 nil or a draw looked likely against a team again we struggle against... And we ended up battering them

We're not the same team that lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We have meant game by game and yes we could have a rooster up but I just don't see it with these players. Some team is going to have to have their best performance of the seasons to beat us and the teams we have left to play aren't playing for anything to warrant that kind of performance. It could happen as football has a way of hitting you at times but this team has shown more than enough to convince me we will beat everyone now

That's a different proposition, though. In a game of football anything can happen. But the way you wrote it, it sounded like losing to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Chelsea, and drawing with Stoke is the expected result. Apologies if I misunderstood.

I think the Geordies could already be down by the final game which would mean it would be surely three points to us.

Stoke is a big one - I almost had us down for a loss against Chelsea just because we rarely win there and they'll lift their game for us like Liverpool did.

Leicester's tests are coming - I don't expect them to win more than one of their remaining five fixtures which is crazy talk i know but still possible based on the teams they've got to play.

I think the Geordies could already be down by the final game which would mean it would be surely three points to us.

Stoke is a big one - I almost had us down for a loss against Chelsea just because we rarely win there and they'll lift their game for us like Liverpool did.

Leicester's tests are coming - I don't expect them to win more than one of their remaining five fixtures which is crazy talk i know but still possible based on the teams they've got to play.

It seems like Crazy talk based one their results this season but we lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine who have been dier and anyone cAn beat anyone in this league (that completely contradicts my earlier comments)

What I would say is that since we changed this back to the struggle for 4th we have looked even stronger

There's no reason to think that having only lost 3 games all season and winning their last 5 that they'll falter now! I have Leicester to amass 7pts from last 5 games and thats probably being conservative. But if that's all they get that's still a 14pt lead on us, meaning we have to win all 5 to pip them to the title. Goal difference won't matter as if we drop any points/draw then they'll take the title. We're capable, but it's a very big ask.

For what it's worth I'm really fudged off by the fact we play all our games after them. That lifts the pressure off them massively. If we could close the gap before they play then there could be a test for them psychologically. As it is they can always relax knowing even if they drop a few points we still have a job to do afterwards.

Hopefully Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be relegated until MD 38. I can easily see such scenario.

However, if Leicester doesn't loose points against West Ham and even if we win against Stoke then, I don't see a single chance we'll finish above them (although it will still be mathematically possible).
We need to be level on points with them before the last game, because chelscum probably will do everything to loose the final game if Leicester still is in the 1st place battle.
Also referees/karma should finally play a part against Leicester as they have been very lucky with penalty decisions during last games (I remember 3 cases with their definite hand play recently).
The only possible scenario: West Ham (away) and MU (at home) winning against Leicester and somebody from Everton/Swansea/Chelsea gets an unlikely draw. Still we need to win all of our remaining fixtures which is a very, very tough ask.
I give ~10% probability for this.
and 1% probability that everybody from top-4 will be point deducted because of doping scandal, meaning van Gaal leads Manure to PL winning glory.

I think league has been won when Leicester started grinding these 1-0 results against relegation folders. Credit to them.

Last edited:
Run_In.png

Leicester have to hit that metaphorical wall for us to stand a chance I think.

This ish is getting serious. During lunch, an Arsenal fan wanted to bet 50k naira ($250) that Arsenal would finish above Spurs. Fortunately for him, I dont do money bets.

A statement of the obvious, but we really, really need West Ham to get something on Sunday, preferably all 3 points. Just to dent their confidence and put a bit of pressure on Leicester as we can't do this ourselves now that every game until the last day is played after them. FAC or not, Bilic will have his team geared up for a shot at that Top 4 slot - I'd imagine achieving CL for their first season at the new stadium will be heavily bonused. Us beating Man Utd has kept that possibility open.
My main concern for us is Chelsea and even then I could see us getting a draw. I think we can win the others.
I know it goes against all logic, probability and rational thinking, but I still believe they will slip up and we will just nudge it.

Run_In.png

Leicester have to hit that metaphorical wall for us to stand a chance I think.

Don't see it like that. If anyone has watched leicester struggle past few ' easy games' over the last month, nothing should be taken for granted. They are a world away from the likes of chelsea and other defensive teams who scraped 1-0 wins in the back end of the season as they literally have zero control on games and are lacking quality. This means that ANY game could be a struggle or a loss. The pressure is mounting and you can see what happens in high pressure situations time and time again to various teams and sportsmen at the top of their game.

People who think Everton are a mess - up until Utd they had one of the best away records over the previous 6 games. They have nothing to play for but have a roster of excellent players. Leicester seem incapable at the moment of having a real go at any team meaning Everton can perform without pressure they could easily win that game. Of course this league is very up and down for all teams but with the pressure, leicester's current performances and the quality of the teams left to play - ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

The season depends on West Ham picking up something this weekend otherwise I agree it's basically gone. If they do get a result and then we beat Stoke then I even think that the Swansea game suddenly has real pressure for them (they were hardly walkovers for us). I also see us getting 13 points from the next 5 games and that would mean that Leicester still need 7 points to win it, which would be a reasonable ask to put on them. If we managed to get 13 points I think we would clinch the league - so the onus is on us to go and win as many games as possible.

Massive weekend and if West Ham fudge up it will be then be a case of playing for 2nd for certain.

Back