• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Aurier can hit a pretty nice cross. I was not even sure how he got that around Robertson. Maybe its time we all got off his back and see if after a few months of work with Jose he can get him better on his defensive side whilst still seeing some of his forward play.

Aurier can hit a pretty nice cross. I was not even sure how he got that around Robertson. Maybe its time we all got off his back and see if after a few months of work with Jose he can get him better on his defensive side whilst still seeing some of his forward play.
All depends on how we want to play
He can’t play in a 4

He is pretty good at doing stuff when he decides to do stuff... but he doesn't always decide to do the right stuff.

E.g. today after a few minutes he came charging over to the left side of the field, vacating half the pitch and leaving Tanganga (on debut) to face both Robertson and Mane. Just brainless rushing around out of position. He needs to learn when to do what... then he might be a player. But right now he does crazy things every game, mixed in with good things.

He is pretty good at doing stuff when he decides to do stuff... but he doesn't always decide to do the right stuff.

E.g. today after a few minutes he came charging over to the left side of the field, vacating half the pitch and leaving Tanganga (on debut) to face both Robertson and Mane. Just brainless rushing around out of position. He needs to learn when to do what... then he might be a player. But right now he does crazy things every game, mixed in with good things.

more good than bad at the moment though. And he is playing better than Toby or Jan at the moment. I have hoped we will sign a full back, so I am not a fan of Aurier at all. In fact I wanted to see more of KWP. But I have resided myself to the fact that KWP is not in anyone's plans at the moment. So we have Serge. And rather than just get on his case for the sake of it, ill take each of his games as it comes. So on that point, he is one of the better players in our defence at the moment. That is the truth. So lets give Jose some time to work with him, get him drilled. When we went back to a back 4 for the last 20 of the game, he seemed more disciplined.

TBF Todsy he wasn’t playing right back

By the way, please look again at the goal... from their throw-in, look at Aurier's defending. Just watch what he does.

He was wronged on the decision and lost focus. I had just finished roaring about his throwing the ball/putting himself online to get a stupid yellow. But overall one of his better showings IMO.

Difficult to say how much Dier's crap performance are due to the lingering side effects of his operation and then illness last summer. He's a player I like, but he's been very poor this year. Hasn't imposed himself on games at all
So the stats are pretty much correct for every player EXCEPT Aurier and Dier... Go figure.

By the way, please look again at the goal... from their throw-in, look at Aurier's defending. Just watch what he does.
I haven't seen it again since my live view in the stadium but I thought the goal was mainly Harry Winks losing his man and Dele bottling putting his head in where it might hurt? Aurier (I think?) was out covering Mane and Robertson (who I thought Mourinho had clearly made Aurier's direct opponent to defend against)

I have said it before but the guy has talent ( probably more then most RB we have had here) but he seems to lack concentration at times and gets lost. When he has it he can look very good ( as he has shown in some games) but sadly he fails at other times. He is 27 now so i am not sure he will ever overcome his faults though.

I have said it before but the guy has talent ( probably more then most RB we have had here) but he seems to lack concentration at times and gets lost. When he has it he can look very good ( as he has shown in some games) but sadly he fails at other times. He is 27 now so i am not sure he will ever overcome his faults though.

Jose will like him going forward! But won’t rely on him defending imho

Back