• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

He has definitely improved although people on here were saying he's Walker but with crossing ability and has the potential to be better than him. I'm not sure of that but he's definitely better with the ball than Walker although his positioning and anticipation isn't as good. Often out of position and goes to ground easily. Looks like he is learning though and he's only been here 6 months so lets see how he does next season.

Walker's positioning early in his career was awful, his speed used to bail him out.

I expect Aurier will improve on that.

It’s why he was and is the best in the league

He don't look happy ATM (edit he had just given a penalty away. Which IMHO was not)

But yes he is.

On the right back situation. I hope we ship out one of the current incumbents and get KWP involved.

Last edited:
It’s why he was and is the best in the league

I agree, but perhaps that time is coming to a close. Significantly, Guardiola spoke recently of how they are working on Walker's 'other qualities' and spoke of basically how his speed is no longer going to be his main differential.

I agree, but perhaps that time is coming to a close. Significantly, Guardiola spoke recently of how they are working on Walker's 'other qualities' and spoke of basically how his speed is no longer going to be his main differential.

If they improve him further then he would be up there with the very best around

Do you not think he is already? I wouldnt pretend to be an expect of all leagues, but I couldnt think of many RBs better than Walker when at Spurs....

Certainly the best in this league

World wide difficult to say

He and pace and power and has developed the brains more but could be better there (lahm didn’t have the pace or power but was the best)

His creative side has improved a lot too

Certainly the best in this league

World wide difficult to say

He and pace and power and has developed the brains more but could be better there (lahm didn’t have the pace or power but was the best)

His creative side has improved a lot too

Lahm was definitely powerful I'd say, very strong and made surging runs.

He wasn't as quick as Walker but still had a fair bit of pace as well.

Do you not think he is already? I wouldnt pretend to be an expect of all leagues, but I couldnt think of many RBs better than Walker when at Spurs....

What I got from Guardiola's comments was that Walker's raw pace is not quite what it was and he wants him to sharpen other tools he has.

What I got from Guardiola's comments was that Walker's raw pace is not quite what it was and he wants him to sharpen other tools he has.
Well he still looks quick to me! He has improved a hell of a lot in other areas, he is much better now than when he had to rely on his pace to get him out of trouble...

I think he is dodgy now. And its a certainty he is going to cost us at least a few times this season.

I also think, next season, he could be an absolute beast.

He clearly has all the raw ingredients needed. If Poch can turn Walker, Rose, Shaw, CLyne etc into real players - what can he do with someone that has the natural ability of Aurier?

He has made a couple of mistakes granted but what you can say is that all in all he is no donk of a fullback, he is very good.

I believe he is going to grow with us and our journey.

He has a pretty good game v Burnley I think. It seems that he is a very good footballer but his decision making is his weakness. If Poch can help him with that, then he should be ok. Hopefully, this is the start of all our full-backs getting back into the form we know they are capable of.

With a year's experience and understanding of how things work in the league, he'll be fine. For now, we'd be better off if he stopped trying to make hero runs or passes and just kept it simple.

Best line I ever heard from a kids' coach was to shout 'Easy Early' to remind youngsters to make the easy play as early as possible. That's what Aurier needs drilled into him.

But he looks like he truly enjoys himself out there and rates himself to win in a challenging situation. I like that mentality. Just want him to pick his moments wisely.

He has a pretty good game v Burnley I think. It seems that he is a very good footballer but his decision making is his weakness. If Poch can help him with that, then he should be ok. Hopefully, this is the start of all our full-backs getting back into the form we know they are capable of.

Right now I think he is kind of lazy as well. Every game Ive seen him there are multiple occasions where he just cant be bothered to get into position or track a run.

AND, yes, he is guaranteed at least one brainfart a game.

Right now he is a 90% player. 9/10 he is quality, but reliably 1/10 he will fudge up. He is guaranteed a rickett.

All that being said - I genuinely believe he has real quality, and a real X factor. I think if Poch just irons the kinks out of him he could be one hell of a player.

And if Poch is good at one thing, its fullbacks...

Back