• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

He is too slow to play the game as he does, he plays as if he has Walker's pace. I'm not sure he's as fast as Roy Walker, nevermind Kyle. He's normally good on the ball, but he needs to either modify his game or end up being replaced, imo.

This is not a huge issue, but I find it incredible that he has played as a full back for so long without learning how to take a throw in. Pretty much all of his throw ins are actually foul throws. He either doesn't have the ball behind his head, or he lifts his leg. Very strange.

He also can't cross the ball. His technique is terrible and he rarely gets the ball above knee height. Poor defending for the goal against today too. Waited too long to track the run because he was busy pointing at something.

Poor game today, but did any of our team play better than average? He's not at Walker's level yet but has improved since he arrived

Aurier should try and study how Davies plays his game. Davies isn't lightening quick but he doesn't constantly get himself into trouble, he has a very good sense of when to push up, when to stay back, when to get tight and when to stand off. But Davies is more of a natural defender I suppose, being able to play at centre-half too (in a back 3 anyway).

I thought Aurier started pretty well for us and has been a mixed bag since then. The more I see him though, the more I am disappointed with how slow he is -- when we signed him, a lot of people said we were signing a quality athlete, that we won't miss Walker. I honestly don't think Aurier is any faster than Trippier. They are both quite similar I feel, quite good technical players with good awareness in possession, generally. But not great in 1v1 defensive situations against quick players, and not great at recovering their position from higher up the pitch.

He needs to stop being keen to dive in, his first movement is forward towards ball and he keeps giving players the chance to knock it passed and he ends up on heels. Should just front up players and defender his area.

Aurier should try and study how Davies plays his game. Davies isn't lightening quick but he doesn't constantly get himself into trouble, he has a very good sense of when to push up, when to stay back, when to get tight and when to stand off. But Davies is more of a natural defender I suppose, being able to play at centre-half too (in a back 3 anyway).

I thought Aurier started pretty well for us and has been a mixed bag since then. The more I see him though, the more I am disappointed with how slow he is -- when we signed him, a lot of people said we were signing a quality athlete, that we won't miss Walker. I honestly don't think Aurier is any faster than Trippier. They are both quite similar I feel, quite good technical players with good awareness in possession, generally. But not great in 1v1 defensive situations against quick players, and not great at recovering their position from higher up the pitch.
I see the same player you do.

This was the summer signing I was most excited about based on the way he was being described. He's a massive disappointment so far.

I see the same player you do.

This was the summer signing I was most excited about based on the way he was being described. He's a massive disappointment so far.

I would say he in C- so far, hopeful he will like alot of players move into A grade after being here for a 2nd season

For all his shortcomings I still prefer him to Trippier!
On overall play I kind of agree. But Trippier has his fantastic crossing that for me makes him the better choice right now. Aurier looked like he could have played 5 games without putting in a single decent cross yesterday. Trippier has been delivering quality where it really counts consistently for some time now. Particularly when we were without the creativity of Eriksen and Winks too much was left to Kane, Alli and Son.

This is not a huge issue, but I find it incredible that he has played as a full back for so long without learning how to take a throw in. Pretty much all of his throw ins are actually foul throws. He either doesn't have the ball behind his head, or he lifts his leg. Very strange.

He also can't cross the ball. His technique is terrible and he rarely gets the ball above knee height. Poor defending for the goal against today too. Waited too long to track the run because he was busy pointing at something.
Reacting a second too late in instances like that is becoming something of an unfortunate trademark for Aurier. It was so obvious what was happening and that the correct decision was to track Bertrand. Aurier saw it too, but too late and he just doesn't have the pace to recover in those situations.

I didn't think that Aurier was any worse than Davies yesterday. They got in behind Aurier for the own goal opener, but also got in behind Davies for the sitter missed by the 17 year old towards the end. Davies' also found himself on the ball numerous times in good attacking positions and the quality of his delivery was poor.

On overall play I kind of agree. But Trippier has his fantastic crossing that for me makes him the better choice right now. Aurier looked like he could have played 5 games without putting in a single decent cross yesterday. Trippier has been delivering quality where it really counts consistently for some time now. Particularly when we were without the creativity of Eriksen and Winks too much was left to Kane, Alli and Son.

If I'm being honest I don't like either! (ATM)
One is too passive and the other is too jittery.

Walker has spoilt us.

KWP might be the long term answer also we must remember Toby in a back three will improve things.

I didn't think that Aurier was any worse than Davies yesterday. They got in behind Aurier for the own goal opener, but also got in behind Davies for the sitter missed by the 17 year old towards the end. Davies' also found himself on the ball numerous times in good attacking positions and the quality of his delivery was poor.

Davies didn't have his best game, though was probably our most creative player with his crosses (set-piece for the goal, shot/cross that gave Sissoko one of our better chances to score). I think, towards the end, we lost our team shape a bit trying to push for a winner.

Another couple of foul throws from Aurier yesterday, lucky not to get picked up on though. However the pièce de résistance was controlling the ball on his chest on the touch line then catching it to take the throw, not realizing that it was his unnecessary touch that took it off the pitch.

He seems a bit slow in the head to me, at best he completely lacks a football brain or any natural sense of where the most danger will be coming from.

Toby in a back three will improve things.
Yes, we fans often seem to skate over the fact we are playing a back 4 rather than a back 3. You cannot compare the 2 really, very different jobs for the wing back versus the full back.

I suppose you could argue that Dier drops in to make a back 4 into a back 3 when the fullbacks push up... but it is still a very different system

Another couple of foul throws from Aurier yesterday, lucky not to get picked up on though. However the pièce de résistance was controlling the ball on his chest on the touch line then catching it to take the throw, not realizing that it was his unnecessary touch that took it off the pitch.

He seems a bit slow in the head to me, at best he completely lacks a football brain or any natural sense of where the most danger will be coming from.
I have to say I laughed at that.

This is separate to his actual thread.

Just a place for us spurs fans to say how much we hate him. Then I thought I would email the club it in the morning so they get an idea of how much we hate him.

Thanks.

Back