• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I have just read from the left wing bible The Mirror that Newcastles bid of £15m is the one that they currently favour and are leaning towards.

Of course the player doesnt have to agree to go and could just sit tight until the summer but not sure him playing hardball helps his career.

Saido looks to be staying put or should I say not coming to us. Pleat said on the radio that we will probably "dip into the market for a young player to sit on the bench" = Dembele for me.

I think we have moved on, I could be wrong but I just don't see us wanting him anymore after all this time. I don't think he's done himself any favors in Poch's eyes either the way he's supposedly acted towards WBA and Pulis.

Worth noting that while Pulis and Poch have their teams play very different styles of football what they ask from their players in terms of commitment and work rate is somewhat similar.

Worth noting that while Pulis and Poch have their teams play very different styles of football what they ask from their players in terms of commitment and work rate is somewhat similar.
Indeed.... The problem is that Pulis' game plan completely relies on a very physical presence up top. Rondon, Lambert and Anichebe (sp?) are all better options for Pulis' ball than Berahino. Just as each of those three strikers are probably worse options for Pochettino ball than Berahino is.

So unless they sell him in this transfer window he's entered the final year which means his value is seriously reduced and more often than not, players wait it out for a Bosman.

So unless they sell him in this transfer window he's entered the final year which means his value is seriously reduced and more often than not, players wait it out for a Bosman.

If they keep him for 18 months, it will go to tribunal, like happened with Ings. They'll still get at least £10m for him there.

Hadn't realised that about the tribunal, I thought it was just a typical Bosman case. That may explain Peaces behavior, he's acting like he has a stop loss at 10m, so he can hold out till someone really desperate comes in for him. I think he gambled in the summer that Utd would bid and the price would be pushed up, but that never came (ha!), now his value is more like 15m, maybe less the way he's played this season, so Peace is looking at probable 12/13m bids and thinking, fudge that I'll just hold out and get the tribunal money unless something closer to 15/20m comes in(unlikely).

It could be dangerous though, I don't know how these tribunals work but if Saido has another 18 months like the last 6, there's no way you could argue a fee of 10m is there?

I thought all players were in age groups, to prevent anomalies like that. So the cut off will be 2 September (the day after deadline day) for all players born in the previous 12 months
Indeed. I think this is one of the reasons that WBA are still playing hardball. My thoughts are that 15 to 18 million is a 'fair' price for Berahino considering his current contract situation and the stage of the season/transfer window.

The rule book simply says 'under 24 years of age'.

"the Club shall be entitled to a Compensation Fee upon a Transferee Club effecting the Player’s New Registration provided he then remains under the age of 24 years and the other conditions set out in Rule V.17 have been satisfied."

Those conditions are simply about making the player an offer of extending his contract.

"A Club that, pursuant to Rule U.29.5, holds the registration of a Retired Player who is under the age of 24 years, shall be entitled if his registration is transferred to be paid a Compensation Fee by the Transferee Club."

Hadn't realised that about the tribunal, I thought it was just a typical Bosman case. That may explain Peaces behavior, he's acting like he has a stop loss at 10m, so he can hold out till someone really desperate comes in for him. I think he gambled in the summer that Utd would bid and the price would be pushed up, but that never came (ha!), now his value is more like 15m, maybe less the way he's played this season, so Peace is looking at probable 12/13m bids and thinking, fudge that I'll just hold out and get the tribunal money unless something closer to 15/20m comes in(unlikely).

It could be dangerous though, I don't know how these tribunals work but if Saido has another 18 months like the last 6, there's no way you could argue a fee of 10m is there?

Bosmans don't apply to under 24s. Clubs have to pay development fees as compensation.

Bosmans don't apply to under 24s. Clubs have to pay development fees as compensation.

Yes, you said, hence my post ;)

How does a player playing like sh1t or not playing at all affect a tribunal compensation? Surely Saido won't go for 10m just because ings went for that previously?

I have just read from the left wing bible The Mirror that Newcastles bid of £15m is the one that they currently favour and are leaning towards.

Of course the player doesnt have to agree to go and could just sit tight until the summer but not sure him playing hardball helps his career.

Yeah like the rest of the press owned by multi-millionaire egotist give a balanced view of the world.

Back