• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

His versatility is only a strength. Difficult to predict where players will end up.

17 seems very young to come in and make a quick impact. If we do sign him I'll add that we're not in the habit of signing players that young to leave them in the reserves or out of match day squads so we'll probably know fairly quickly if the plan is to give him game time or not.

Like Alli before him he has very good experience for his age playing first team competitive football. Over 50 starts and close to 20 direct goal involvements (12 goals, 7 assists) is a fantastic starting point.

His versatility is only a strength. Difficult to predict where players will end up.

17 seems very young to come in and make a quick impact. If we do sign him I'll add that we're not in the habit of signing players that young to leave them in the reserves or out of match day squads so we'll probably know fairly quickly if the plan is to give him game time or not.

Like Alli before him he has very good experience for his age playing first team competitive football. Over 50 starts and close to 20 direct goal involvements (12 goals, 7 assists) is a fantastic starting point.
If you're good enough, you're old enough. I don't buy this "he's too young to make an impact."

Fast attacking players can come in and make an impact very young. Lennon was playing in the EPL at 16, Bale at 18, Defoe at 18 etc.

It's the more positionally nuanced positions like defence or CM, or ones where you need physical strength (#9 or CB), where you don't tend to see players emerge till their 20s.

It's more of a "is he good enough, yet?" And should we sign him now if the answer to that is no.
I think there is only one way to find out and that would be by signing him, having him train with the first team, and play him if he cuts the mustard in training. If he's performing this well in the Championship, it is a good predictor, though. And I'm sure Poch wouldn't sign someone who doesn't also have the right attitude to improve further.

We are drawing 1-1 away at Palace at the end of February. 10 minutes left. Son has just picked up a knock.

Who would you bring on - Sissoko, Nkoudou or Sessegnon?

Not disputing that he'd be a good signing but during the recent U19 Euros he struggled in games against compact defences, whenever he had space though he was very difficult to handle.

I watched most of the Fulham vs. Southampton game. Fulham on a whole looked an average Championship side at best. So many poor passes, touches and decisions. And unable to outfight Southampton.

Sessegnon looked different class though. Easily Fulham's best player, but not dominant. Started wide on the left, was moved to a wing back position when Fulham moved to a back 3.

He was up against a fairly inexperienced full back so perhaps not quite PL standard all over from Southampton, who of course are in poor form too. But based on that game Sessegnon looked ready to step up to the PL. I don't think GKN would have done better than him from what we've seen so far from him.

Fulham last year were a quality outfit, especially in attack. This year they just cant find their stride for some reason.

Even at their best though Sessegnon stood out. Scary he is still only 17, born in 2000 - how old do I feel!?

It's more of a "is he good enough, yet?" And should we sign him now if the answer to that is no.

Disagree... It's just "can he be good enough?" Because if he can, and we do not sign him now, by the time he is good enough the likes of Chelscum, Manure and bricky will blow us out of the water.

Disagree... It's just "can he be good enough?" Because if he can, and we do not sign him now, by the time he is good enough the likes of Chelscum, Manure and bricky will blow us out of the water.
We were talking about if we sign him will he be in our squad or out on loan.

Fulham last year were a quality outfit, especially in attack. This year they just cant find their stride for some reason.

Even at their best though Sessegnon stood out. Scary he is still only 17, born in 2000 - how old do I feel!?
He's 17 years younger than me, exactly half my age! So when he's 20, I'll be 40, and when he's 40, I'll be 80! Scary eh! o_O:confused:

Back