• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

I wonder if Poch is thinking of fasttracking Keanan Bennetts from the youth sides and whether this might affect his wish to purchase someone like Sessegnon.

Bennetts is showing excellent form playing up and down that left side

If anyone is being fast-tracked, the game next Sunday would be the clearest indication as its the perfect opportunity to get someone game time. I'm sceptical whether we'll see anyone like Bennett, Edwards etc - more likely just some first choice players on the bench and the likes of llorente, GKN etc starting

Lets be fair, there are also young players who have gone there and been a success - Ronaldo, Rooney, De Gea off the top of my head. Whilst we have become more appealing, to suggest a young player would be mental to pick Man U over us is way OTT.....

I think it always comes down to whether there is an obvious need, or an obvious route into a first 11 role for a player to join. Sess knows that if he joins here, he could get rotated in with Davies every week which gives him time but enough of a fulcrum to take the pressure off if he needs time out. He joins United, particularly if he doesn’t impress under a coach like Mourinho early on, and it becomes a negative spiral. The Shaw experience should be a warning. Yes there is an argument to say Shaw needs to step up, but I’m also pretty certain there’s an argument to say another club and another coach would have handled Shaw differently, let him make mistakes but bring him through with a bit less pressure, ultimately flourishing with more confidence. That’s what we would do.

I think Mourinho’s methods suit experienced players that have the hard head mentality to believe in themselves beyond anything. They need to be mature and ready for that level of expectation. Rose would be a perfect Mourinho player in this regard. But I can’t point to a genuinely young player (say under 20) that has worked with Mourinho and reached their full potential. Some clubs are better to grow talent and some are better to exploit it. Mourinho is good at exploiting existing talent but the awkwardness is that United have the DNA of a club that likes to bring through youth. Rashford, Martial, Shaw etc do ok but they don’t do great. No surprise he succeeds over a short period and when these players have been ran into the ground, he needs an entirely new squad of players in their prime. But since that isn’t realistic, he’s sacked.

I can't ever remember seeing this guy play. Could he do a Bale and end up a 20 goal a season monster?

I can't ever remember seeing this guy play. Could he do a Bale and end up a 20 goal a season monster?

I'd see him more as a left sided Kyle Walker. If Walker had done another year in the championship, he'd maybe have been at that level

If anyone is being fast-tracked, the game next Sunday would be the clearest indication as its the perfect opportunity to get someone game time. I'm sceptical whether we'll see anyone like Bennett, Edwards etc - more likely just some first choice players on the bench and the likes of llorente, GKN etc starting
Fanciful maybe, but would love to see Skipp on the bench. Still only 18 but has the qualities of a future leader at whatever level he ends up reaching.

Buy him OK
But leave him at Fulham for 'awhile' like we did with Dele

That would be great. But imagine being able to bring him off the bench as a gamechanger for the rest of the season.

While his long term future would be as Rose's heir, his pace and dribbling could be a huge asset as an AM sub now.

That would be great. But imagine being able to bring him off the bench as a gamechanger for the rest of the season.

While his long term future would be as Rose's heir, his pace and dribbling could be a huge asset as an AM sub now.

Too young to bring in this month......give him a summer preseason and see how he is. He's a baby...no need to rush him. Poch will know.
We might not want him? :cool:

Whenever I've seen him play I've been impressed by his attacking play, not so sure of his defending. I think defenders get better with age as their experience and strength improves their game. At present he doesn't seem to have the aggressive attitude I like to see in defenders.

Whenever I've seen him play I've been impressed by his attacking play, not so sure of his defending. I think defenders get better with age as their experience and strength improves their game. At present he doesn't seem to have the aggressive attitude I like to see in defenders.

I don't think he will remain a LB anyway tbh, I think the older he gets he will become so good attacking wise that he will be used as a wide midfielder or behind the forward as part of a three.

I do hope we have the groundwork done on this move (and his brother if need be) as I can see a lot of interested parties.

He will develop that in time. Remember Rose arrived from Leeds as a winger and Walker had been a CF until a year or so before we signed him.

Poch has a record of developing great attacking fullbacks like no one else in the game.

Too young to bring in this month......give him a summer preseason and see how he is. He's a baby...no need to rush him. Poch will know.
We might not want him? :cool:

We are drawing 1-1 away at Palace at the end of February. 10 minutes left. Son has just picked up a knock.

Who would you bring on - Sissoko, Nkoudou or Sessegnon?

Back