• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

While I am not blind to the appeal of Utd, I think any young player like Sessegnon would be absolutely mental to choose them (or Chelsea/City/similar) over us.

There is a long list of players whose careers completely stalled with those moves, many never really recovering.

And by the same token, we are proven to nurture and develop these players eventually establishing them at the highest levels.
Lets be fair, there are also young players who have gone there and been a success - Ronaldo, Rooney, De Gea off the top of my head. Whilst we have become more appealing, to suggest a young player would be mental to pick Man U over us is way OTT.....

All under SAF. Who even did a job with the likes of Brown, Jones, Evans, Smalling.

Were he still in charge I would agree with you.

Under Mourinho? I dont think its OTT at all. I think its basically a statement of fact.

Just as Id say the same for young players joining City or Chelsea. The clubs have a record for completely wasting them and stalling their careers (at best) and permanently crippling them at worst.

Where as, since long before Poch, we have made it our MO to take players exactly like Sessegnon and put them on the radar of the like of Real Madrid within a few seasons.

Its a no brainer.

All under SAF. Who even did a job with the likes of Brown, Jones, Evans, Smalling.

Were he still in charge I would agree with you.

Under Mourinho? I dont think its OTT at all. I think its basically a statement of fact.

Just as Id say the same for young players joining City or Chelsea. The clubs have a record for completely wasting them and stalling their careers (at best) and permanently crippling them at worst.

Where as, since long before Poch, we have made it our MO to take players exactly like Sessegnon and put them on the radar of the like of Real Madrid within a few seasons.

Its a no brainer.
I agree with your main points, but if we're looking at United under Mourinho and SAF surely Guardiola should be looked at for his record, not the record of other City managers. At Barca in particular, but also at Bayern he did very well with younger players.

I could also see Mourinho and United convincing Sessegnon, agents that stand to make more money from a United deal, and the yes men that often surround footballers that Sessegnon will be different from other players.

It says a lot about our success in recent years that an argument can be made about us being the best option for a player as highly rated as Sessegnon. But I don't think it's a no brainer for the player.

I haven't seen much of him, but wonder if Poch feels that he is still too young to be a realistic first team contender at this moment in time. We have enough "potential" in that Walker-Peters can play on both flanks. I think that if Rose leaves, Poch may prefer a more oven ready full-back ala Shaw rather than one for the future. I doubt Sessegnon would get much game time at United as he would be behind Young and Shaw (plus whoever else they bring in). Jose is unlikely to gamble on him to start many, if any, games imo.

I haven't seen much of him, but wonder if Poch feels that he is still too young to be a realistic first team contender at this moment in time. We have enough "potential" in that Walker-Peters can play on both flanks. I think that if Rose leaves, Poch may prefer a more oven ready full-back ala Shaw rather than one for the future. I doubt Sessegnon would get much game time at United as he would be behind Young and Shaw (plus whoever else they bring in). Jose is unlikely to gamble on him to start many, if any, games imo.
All down to Pochettino and Levy. He is excellent but still a baby in football terms, two years younger than Marcus Edwards giving it some perspective.
It's why we really do not have clue as to any of the transfer speculation. We are like a lot of fan boys, clueless!

Sessegnon balances out Davies well - Davies is more of a LB than LWB, whereas RS seems more like a LWB (and therefore a more like for like replacement for Rose)

I think I was reading that Shaw earns more than Kane so I can't see that as being a runner. An on top of that he has hardly played in the last 3 years so that's a no from me.

Depends if he wants:
- good money
- probable playing time for a top four team
- a very good opportunity for further development
(Spurs)

... or...
- ridiculous money
- likely less involvement/top flight playing time/possible loan deal to obscure European club
- more insecurity in terms of further development
- probable trophies (that you're not likely to have contributed much too)
(Manure, City, Chelski)

To simplify it. But I do think it comes down to a choice between playing time/development and massive wages/trophies - unless Liverpool join the party, offering massive wages and possible playing time but without trophies.

He could very well be seen as too young for Poch. He might also be seen as primarily a more attacking player.

We might keep Rose and sign Sessegnon. We might sign Sessegnon and someone more established for left back if we lose Rose. And of course we might not end up getting Sessegnon. But I strongly doubt that we won't be getting Sessegnon because we have KWP.

He could very well be seen as too young for Poch. He might also be seen as primarily a more attacking player.

We might keep Rose and sign Sessegnon. We might sign Sessegnon and someone more established for left back if we lose Rose. And of course we might not end up getting Sessegnon. But I strongly doubt that we won't be getting Sessegnon because we have KWP.

Especially as KWP is a RWB and Sessegnon a LWB. Trippier is the one under medium-term threat by the emergence of KWP.

I wonder if Poch is thinking of fasttracking Keanan Bennetts from the youth sides and whether this might affect his wish to purchase someone like Sessegnon.

Bennetts is showing excellent form playing up and down that left side

I wonder if Poch is thinking of fasttracking Keanan Bennetts from the youth sides and whether this might affect his wish to purchase someone like Sessegnon.

Bennetts is showing excellent form playing up and down that left side

Nothing wrong in healthy competition. Worse comes to worse we sell Ryan in three years for 150mil

Back