• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Didn't that happen just three days ago, only for us to once again not show up until the match is almost lost?

I don’t think it’s fair to blame Mason for Porro, Dier and Romero all doing what they have always been prone to doing - individual defensive fudgeups. But I think it’s fair to give Mason credit for making the overall squad mood/attitude/belief much better than it has been recently.

He tried and I cant blame him for the player mess-ups and the refereeing .. Another reason I stayed away from the EPL.

The guy has made

- Perisic and Son look like players again
- Used subs creatively and effectively
- Shown the ability to switch tactics in game, more than once
- Players heads don't drop even when it goes off the rails.

He's shown up a few people
He actually has
Maybe he just gets the DNA of the club and team
He also makes the changes as you say, that other coaches haven’t done

And TBF, despite the "So was Conte wrong" and "We should not have sacked Conte" the same frailties we see now have been there all season, just swap United, Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine with Leicester, Leeds, Bournemouth and Brentford for like for likes

Slow starts and strong finishes are not new.

Mason not disgracing himself, keeping hold of Stel was

The guy has made

- Perisic and Son look like players again
- Used subs creatively and effectively
- Shown the ability to switch tactics in game, more than once
- Players heads don't drop even when it goes off the rails.

He's shown up a few people

2 games against top opposition where we haven't looked close to winning, it's been more of the same (not discounting Mason being heavily involved in what has gone before). Were it not for ETH bizarrely bringing on Fred to play for us it would have been 2 losses from 2.

Let's not pretend he's some kind of innovator. It's a putting gaffa tape on the bursting boiler exercise, nothing more nothing less. "Feel good vibes" whilst we write off another season.

Last edited:
2 games against top opposition where we haven't looked close to winning, it's been more of the same (whilst being heavily involved in what has gone before). Were it not for ETH bizarrely bringing on Fred to play for us it would have been 2 losses from 2.

Let's not pretend he's some kind of innovator. It's a putting gaffa tape on the bursting boiler exercise, nothing more nothing less. "Feel good vibes" whilst we write off another season.

Of course, but for those like me who have written off the season and taking it for what it is I will take the positives. Should have got something out of today and at the time of Richy equaliser I was on cloud 9, I was at the time of 2-2 against Cobham Supporters Club in the week too

2 games against top opposition where we haven't looked close to winning, it's been more of the same (whilst being heavily involved in what has gone before). Were it not for ETH bizarrely bringing on Fred to play for us it would have been 2 losses from 2.

Yes, kind of what I think. Mason's job was to get us through to the summer without even more wheels falling off

He shouldnt and wont be our next manager, but will likely work in the new guy's team and continue his education

2 games against top opposition where we haven't looked close to winning, it's been more of the same (not discounting Mason being heavily involved in what has gone before). Were it not for ETH bizarrely bringing on Fred to play for us it would have been 2 losses from 2.

Two weeks ago we were the worst team in the lge (probably joint with Everton).
He's reignited some spirit and our attacking mentality again. The players don't love scared anymore.
The other things need a full pre season.

Two weeks ago we were the worst team in the lge (probably joint with Everton).
He's reignited some spirit and our attacking mentality again. The players don't love scared anymore.
The other things need a full pre season.

The league table shows who is the best / worst team in the league, that's literally what it's there for. It's a yearly record of who is the best / worst.

We scored plenty of goals under Conte but the defense was awful this season, like in the last two games. Whether they look scared or not, throwing games on the first 20 minutes and not being competitive is an issue.

It's easy to have a fresh attitude in a meaningless no pressure end to the season, the parameters are finishing 5 - 8th aren't they? Other than completely embarrassing ourselves there's nothing to lose or win.

Back