• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Not really, doesn't league different pressure and different club. Our circumstances and stature student is different to hoffenheim.
I think that's a bit arrogant and part of our problem.
If Mason is good enough, let's go for it. We've tried the tried and tested for the last few managers and it's been a shocker.
Negelsmann is unproven in the PL, so a big risk too, just in a different way.

Either option needs a supportive DoF alongside them. The likes of Ragnick.

If Mason is good enough, let's go for it. We've tried the tried and tested for the last few managers and it's been a shocker.

Nagelsmann's first job was with Hoffenheim where he had developed through the coaching ranks. Hoffenheim are the rough equivalent of Brentford. They finished 8th, 9th and 16th in the preceding three seasons and we're as low as the 3rd tier of German football 15 years ago. Their expectations and demands are completely different to our own.

Julian Nagelsmann was given the job because he had impressed in his youth development roles and eventually assisting. He didn't inherit a role as a caretaker, win a few games and then get given the main job. His prior performances and his philosophy were noted and Hoffenheim decided he was worth taking the risk on.

Now I'm not saying Mason cannot also do well and impress, but I am saying that how they came to be managing a top flight side are very different and not all comparable.

Mason may prove to be a good coach, the remaining games aren't really enough data to make that judgement though.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Gutterboy liked your response enough said.

Mason has done nothing to date to suggest that he deserves a chance apart from being around the place. Really can't see why you think he could do a job with his limited experience.

Spurs are a professional team in one of the best leagues in the world ... Mason needs to go to the championship or abroad to learn his trade not just jump into this role. It will be yet another season of transition and sacking.

Gutterboy liked your response enough said.

Mason has done nothing to date to suggest that he deserves a chance apart from being around the place. Really can't see why you think he could do a job with his limited experience.

Spurs are a professional team in one of the best leagues in the world ... Mason needs to go to the championship or abroad to learn his trade not just jump into this role. It will be yet another season of transition and sacking.

I'm not saying he can or he can't.
I liken it to a youth player breaking through - some need to go out on loan, some stay at the club and work through into the team.

We have shown we do best with a long term plan, identity and building - Jol, Redknapp, Poch all did this. Since then it's been a catalogue of failure.
The club will know Mason's talent and if it's good enough at present - we genuinely don't.
I don't dismiss the Hoffenheim comparisons in the same way you do. Direct football comparisons are pointless - Nagelsman could come in and be a disaster because what he does doesn't work in the PL. He wouldn't be the first for sure. Conte should have been a success.....

We are at a pivotal point, the next appointment of structure needs to be a clear vision, from top to bottom. It needs to be a team that all works as a cohesive unit and with a 5 year plan.
I think that plan should be Europa League qualification as an expectation each season with CL as a stretching goal. We are going to be in a battle with Arsenal, Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Man C, Man U for 4 places. Chelsea will get back in the mix in the next year or two. Plus one/two that always get in the mix.
There will be 7/8 team fighting for 5 European places (oh, and conference Lge!) - it's going to be a dog fight and we need to be realistic.

All that said, I take your point re: Gutterboy :D

And we are forgetting the consistent factor with all those managers - the players that have stayed on. The solution to this isnt just changing the manager - it is much more than that even much more than just getting a DOF

We've gone for proven winners and failed to find the success or style the fans are expecting, any big name will probably want us to spend big as they aren't looking to develop players or take a chance on unknown players but get quick results, if we aren't going to get the players they want we will just fail as the previous "winners".

The team need a major overhaul and I believe we need a manager who can do it and give him the time to do it, i dont think most of the fans want that and see 3 or 4 key signings will make us a challenger next season, this is why I think Mason will not get the job and we will end up with gambling on an overseas option.

Another flop incoming then...

You could stick any manager in the world in the same situation with this bricky team and they will not do much better.
He decided to select Dier. He chose to play Peresic rather than Davies and Lenglet. He had some limited options and he made his choices.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back