• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

I can see Chelsea/City pipping us to this.

They say they need players and I think they are both struggling to hit the home ground numbers needed.

Agree with you that there's a decent sized risk of that happening. They've both bought English players to pad out their squad before and use intermittently. If he has the choice then it's between career and cash

I can see Chelsea/City pipping us to this.

They say they need players and I think they are both struggling to hit the home ground numbers needed.

But will he get a game at Chelsea or City.........
No club actually needs him and £35m is still a lot for a filler.
Its down to the player.
Like Walker with us, Ross needs to stick to his guns and say I'm off to Spurs.
He may have to take a hit in the wallet, its all with players or he's off to Leicester or Saudi Sportswashing Machine or??

Last edited:
This has Levy written all over it, he's just waiting until the 31st to get the price down.

Even if we do get Barkley he's missed a big chunk of pre-season with injury and isn't due back in training until around the 20th August, it's not exactly going to allow him to hit the ground running.

But will he get a game at Chelsea or City.........
No club actually needs him and £35m is still a lot for a filler.
Its down to the player.
Like Walker with us, Ross needs to stick to his guns and say I'm off to Spurs.
He may have to take a hit in the wallet, its all with player or he's off to Leicester or Saudi Sportswashing Machine or??

Well...Chelski don't really need the 60+ players they have loaned out, and I'm sure it's the same for City. They are so loaded they can buy players for fun.

Well...Chelski don't really need the 60+ players they have loaned out, and I'm sure it's the same for City. They are so loaded they can buy players for fun.

Can't see Ross going out on loan....but I get where you coming from.
He may go out on a short loan and then move on a free, but Koeman won't allow that.
Levy might well be counting on that.

Can't see Barkley coming till very late in the window if at all. Meanwhile we have massive games coming up with a depleted squad.

If Barkley came in tomorrow who would you drop?
Sissoko, as said above, for Toon anyway, cos I don't want him playing up there and antagonising the fans.

Let's say Barkley was fit, I would play him and Dembele in CM, assuming Vic will be out, with Dier in a 'back 3'

So it doesn't matter even if Sissoko has gone to Turkey, I would find room for Barkley as described. KWP would play RWB, as I think he can handle that if we have no new RB by then.

Back