• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

Dembele was a right sided inside forward for Alkmar, not really a number 10.

I don't see the required skillset or displine in Barkley's play that would be necessary to convert to CM. If we are looking for a dembele clone then onomah is the one we should invest our time in. However Barkley is a decent if inconsistent AM and I see no reason to change his role.

I don't see the required skillset or displine in Barkley's play that would be necessary to convert to CM. If we are looking for a dembele clone then onomah is the one we should invest our time in. However Barkley is a decent if inconsistent AM and I see no reason to change his role.
Seem to remember him as a number 10 at Fulham? - (Cold January FA cup - Dawson red and losing 4-0).

Onomah - future Dembele
Winks - future Modric
Barkley - future David Dunn

Simple

Says the person who said Poch was not good enough to manage us. who said we did not need Toby as he was not good enough, and who also said that Wanyama was not good enough to play for us and at best would command a place on the bench

and I forgot Dembele

Last edited:
Says the person who said Poch was not good enough to manage us. who said we did not need Toby as he was not good enough, and who also said that Wanyama was not good enough to play for us and at best would command a place on the bench
But apart from that his opinions are spot on mate!.... Oh apart from being desperate for us to sell Dembele a couple of years ago. ;)

I just had search for Dembele Alkmaar on the 'tube and checked him out as a striker. The first goal in this! Haha, it's ridiculous, almost Zlatan vs Breda good.

I was always keen on Poch. Especially when most people wanted Moyes or Martinez instead.

Martinez and Moyes was from a couple of years before iirc along with Rodgers

You put all your eggs in the LvG basket when Poch and FdB made up the three candidates that time around, shame that one didn't work out :oops:

I was always keen on Poch. Especially when most people wanted Moyes or Martinez instead.

So let me get this right, you were always keen on Poch but:

You definitely did not want us to sign Toby,

You were desperate for us to sell Dembele,

You definitely did not want us to sign Wanyama,

While as for Danny Rose, well your words speak for themselves:

It's because he has the unfortunate combination of being the worst player to wear a lilywhite shirt since Nethercott, and being a bit of a prick.

I've no issue with mediocre players who are pleasant (Naughton).

Rose is my least favourite player since Sherwood.

I'm happy to be proved wrong (like with Kane), but I just don't see a player in Rose, plus I really dislike his temperament.

Cards on the table I am not perfect either, at the end of the 2014 season I thought Kane had no long term future with us as well, but I gotta tell you GB your batting average ain't looking good right now so forgive me If I do not buy your take on Barkley

Last edited:
I done know how any new or proposed player will be, battery ran out in my crystal ball years ago and they don't make them anymore!
If the player wants to come and more importantly Poch wants him, then let's see and get behind him!

My batting average is as bad as Nassar Hussain's.

I done know how any new or proposed player will be, battery ran out in my crystal ball years ago and they don't make them anymore!
If the player wants to come and more importantly Poch wants him, then let's see and get behind him!

Hussain averaged 37 in almost 100 tests for England, that's hardly bad....

Nowt wrong with Nasser, leave him alone!!! His captaincy was the savior of English cricket!

Back