• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

lol, but so is Paulinho!

That's one i just can't get my head around. The guy is a total mystery. Or maybe a few bad games killed his confidence completely...and with it his career in the Prem??

What is the right price for him though?

People talk about an English premium but its actually now a prem proven premium as seen with mane last season, Bollasie, Sissoko and now Lukaku this season

I was being a tad facetious there!

Price ...............£25m ish???

Youre talking like Coutinho isnt a good player?! Noone is saying Barkley is the finished article but hes clearly got a lot of talent.....

Not saying he's bad, but Coutinho is too wasteful to be considered great. Liverpool is about the right level for him. Barkley is far less talented than Coutinho and doesn't appear to have any football intelligence. Waste of time and money for me.

Not saying he's bad, but Coutinho is too wasteful to be considered great. Liverpool is about the right level for him. Barkley is far less talented than Coutinho and doesn't appear to have any football intelligence. Waste of time and money for me.
Hes still only 25, not yet at the peak of his powers - all he has to do is add consistency. Coutinho is at the level of most of our players, very very good and once they are playing consistently at the top of their game will have the real big boys circulating. Incidentally big talk about PSG in for him today too. Barkley is two years younger, and am confident if he came here would really become a force but maybe out of our price range in both wages and transfer fees - until Levy time at least....

I'm on the fence on Barkley. He clearly has ability but hasn't really trained on. The simple debate is whether Poch thinks he can consistently get the best out of him? That could be pretty decent.

My question would be: Who else is available with prem experience that could be better? And would be happy to come to us? Maybe the laws of demand and supply have led us down this path.

Off the top of my head I think Kagawa was having a couple of good seasons at Dortmund and previously had a good first season at Utd in the prem. Last season at Dortmund doesn't look as productive and only played about half the games so might be available.

Barkleystats.png

Eriksen needs to improve his shooting, but at least he assists a few more.

I'm on the fence on Barkley. He clearly has ability but hasn't really trained on. The simple debate is whether Poch thinks he can consistently get the best out of him? That could be pretty decent.

My question would be: Who else is available with prem experience that could be better? And would be happy to come to us? Maybe the laws of demand and supply have led us down this path.

Off the top of my head I think Kagawa was having a couple of good seasons at Dortmund and previously had a good first season at Utd in the prem. Last season at Dortmund doesn't look as productive and only played about half the games so might be available.

Even though he's not a Bernardo Silva either, I'd actually much prefer King to Barkley. Mahrez would be a similar price bracket too.

We've also already got our existing combination of Lamela, GKN and Edwards (and Onomah, but now I see him more as a CM) backing up our three main AMs. Lamela in particular is 5 times the player Barkley will ever be.

Even though he's not a Bernardo Silva either, I'd actually much prefer King to Barkley. Mahrez would be a similar price bracket too.

We've also already got our existing combination of Lamela, GKN and Edwards (and Onomah, but now I see him more as a CM) backing up our three main AMs. Lamela in particular is 5 times the player Barkley will ever be.

Mahrez has produced for one season where he was brilliant but he is a flaky player imo as demonstrated by his perfomamce or lack of last season

One thing with Barkley is he doesn't go hiding

That doesn't exactly make Barkley or Coutinho look any better ;)

Barkleystats90.png

I think the Shot Accuracy is simply about hitting the target, not how many you score from.

For someone who doesn't take penalties or freekick's, the 0.87 combined for assists/goals per 90 for Son is outstanding and I would be surprised if bettered by any AM in the league. This is why I don't mind when he bobbles one away or wastes a chance or two.

For someone who doesn't take penalties or freekick's, the 0.87 combined for assists/goals per 90 for Son is outstanding and I would be surprised if bettered by any AM in the league. This is why I don't mind when he bobbles one away or wastes a chance or two.

Son regularly makes you screen with frustration and then bangs one in. Great player for us to have

Have you left out chance created/key passes on purpose because it would show Barkley as a more creative player than all but Eriksen?

No, but I just checked and he is third in that group. Just below Coutinho for both key passes and chances created.

Barkleystatsmore.png

I just invented a new stat: Assist per chance created

Alli 0.139
Son 0.136
Eriksen 0.136
Coutinho 0.107
Barkley 0.098

Back