• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

Even though he's not a Bernardo Silva either, I'd actually much prefer King to Barkley. Mahrez would be a similar price bracket too.

Mahrez - okay, although his wage demands might be a bit too high for us. But Bournemouth fans would tinkle themselves if we bought King and played him anywhere but upfront - apparently he stank out the place when he played as anything other than a front-man, or at most a support striker *juuust* behind the frontman. He's not a playmaker, he's not a winger, he can't cross - he is only good for finding space, powering into it and shooting/getting on the end of things, apparently.

. He's not a playmaker, he's not a winger, he can't cross - he is only good for finding space, powering into it and shooting/getting on the end of things, apparently.

Correct. .....I just don't get these people who say King can play numerous positions across the attack. He is a limited player

I think most of us would rather buy one very good player than 2 or 3 average punts.

I'm not a pro scout but there must be all sorts of international players we could attract from European leagues. It is painful waiting and watching. Frankly I'm still upset by Saha Nelson Rocha Gilberto Sissoko N'Jie N'Koudou etc

Mahrez - okay, although his wage demands might be a bit too high for us. But Bournemouth fans would tinkle themselves if we bought King and played him anywhere but upfront - apparently he stank out the place when he played as anything other than a front-man, or at most a support striker *juuust* behind the frontman. He's not a playmaker, he's not a winger, he can't cross - he is only good for finding space, powering into it and shooting/getting on the end of things, apparently.

This, i can not believe that there are some fans saying he can play anywhere. He is a striker no more no less who has had ONE good season.

This, i can not believe that there are some fans saying he can play anywhere. He is a striker no more no less who has had ONE good season.

Half a season. Pre Christmas most Bournemouth fans would happily have given him away for nothing.

Alleged Everton ITK mentioned on Spurs Community saying that the delay is all at Everton's end who are not minded to help Barkley on his way out as they perceive he's mucked them about.

It wouldn't surprise me to see this drag to the end of the window simply so as we are deprived of the player for pre-season/first month of season...

It wouldn't surprise me to see this drag to the end of the window simply so as we are deprived of the player for pre-season/first month of season...

Well, we do play them at some point in the first five games (not exactly sure when), so it would be in their interest to delay any signing of Barkley for as long as possible.

Won't help them much, mind, because we'll still have Alli available - at the start, the only reason we'll need Barkley (if we do sign him) is to play in the CL group games Alli's suspended for.

Well, we do play them at some point in the first five games (not exactly sure when), so it would be in their interest to delay any signing of Barkley for as long as possible.

Won't help them much, mind, because we'll still have Alli available - at the start, the only reason we'll need Barkley (if we do sign him) is to play in the CL group games Alli's suspended for.

We play them early September

Loads of Everton training pics around because of Rooney turning up, no sign of Barkley. IF, we do sign him Poch and his coaches will have to design a whole new fitness regime. Maybe they could dust off the Andy Reid pre season manual.

lol, but so is Paulinho!

That's one i just can't get my head around. The guy is a total mystery. Or maybe a few bad games killed his confidence completely...and with it his career in the Prem??
Paulinho started off very well, but got cautious after the injury. And English fans are experts in freezing out players that don't lunge into every unwinnable tackle. The frankly pathetic wall of him and Ade certainly didn't help. But ability wise, there was nothing wrong with him.

Paulinho started off very well, but got cautious after the injury. And English fans are experts in freezing out players that don't lunge into every unwinnable tackle. The frankly pathetic wall of him and Ade certainly didn't help. But ability wise, there was nothing wrong with him.

I agree, just look at how many were having a go at Eriksen earlier this season, he was called a pussy by some.

Loads of Everton training pics around because of Rooney turning up, no sign of Barkley. IF, we do sign him Poch and his coaches will have to design a whole new fitness regime. Maybe they could dust off the Andy Reid pre season manual.

Not particularly worried about unfit players with Poch, they will either get fit very quickly or be out ..

And I think its no secret to anyone joining Spurs (especially from another PL team), expect to train harder than you ever have in your career.

Back