• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

I disagree with you here. I have seen Barkley try to do too much with the ball and also see him take risks in the wrong areas on the pitch, but I have also seem him play fantastic through balls that only a very good player could both spot and execute. I think part of Barkley's problem may be ego as opposed to a lack of intelligence. I think sometimes he doesn't pass because he feels that he is the best player and doesn't want to pass to a player with less ability than he has. It's not too hard to coach that out of a player (especially when he is playing with players who are of similar ability).

Poor players intelligence wise don't end up with the highest assist stats of his countrymen like Barkley did

Barkley has been playing with some really poor players don't forget and if (I don't think we will pay the money) he joined us he would be playing with a much higher calibre

I disagree with you here. I have seen Barkley try to do too much with the ball and also see him take risks in the wrong areas on the pitch, but I have also seem him play fantastic through balls that only a very good player could both spot and execute. I think part of Barkley's problem may be ego as opposed to a lack of intelligence. I think sometimes he doesn't pass because he feels that he is the best player and doesn't want to pass to a player with less ability than he has. It's not too hard to coach that out of a player (especially when he is playing with players who are of similar ability).
It's interesting how we all see things differently.
I see in your observations a player who isn't a team player, often takes the wrong decisions, has a big ego, thinks he's better than his team mates but has threaded a few balls through (Huddlestone did that bit well enough).
I wouldn't touch a player like that with a barge pole, let alone for the mental money that's being talked about.
But if Poch thinks he can turn him around then I'd be delighted to see it.

It's interesting how we all see things differently.
I see in your observations a player who isn't a team player, often takes the wrong decisions, has a big ego, thinks he's better than his team mates but has threaded a few balls through (Huddlestone did that bit well enough).
I wouldn't touch a player like that with a barge pole, let alone for the mental money that's being talked about.
But if Poch thinks he can turn him around then I'd be delighted to see it.

The Everton fans I know who are ITK about their stuff have no issue with his attditude. The reason behind him wanting to leave is the same reason Jenas left Saudi Sportswashing Machine.... he is a big fish in a small pond

But I certainly agree the fee has to reflect the fact that he is not the finished article with 1 year left on his contract

The Everton fans I know who are ITK about their stuff have no issue with his attditude. The reason behind him wanting to leave is the same reason Jenas left Saudi Sportswashing Machine.... he is a big fish in a small pond

But I certainly agree the fee has to reflect the fact that he is not the finished article with 1 year left on his contract
You can talk about as many ITK mates from other clubs as you want, but to be honest, his attitude is the least of my concerns...I'm more concerned that we are in for a player who simply isn't at the standard at which we should be buying.

Barkley is West Ham at best.

You can talk about as many ITK mates from other clubs as you want, but to be honest, his attitude is the least of my concerns...I'm more concerned that we are in for a player who simply isn't at the standard at which we should be buying.

Barkley is West Ham at best.

But as I said before he had the best stats of any Englishman for assist in the league

I know English players aren't the greatest but that's a pretty decent stat for a player playing in what was IMO a side that wasn't great attack wise.

IMO he has talent and scope to get even better. But it's a £20m deal not a £50m deal

£50m means to me he would be a £200k a week player and he is a long way off that

But as I said before he had the best stats of any Englishman for assist in the league

I know English players aren't the greatest but that's a pretty decent stat for a player playing in what was IMO a side that wasn't great attack wise.

IMO he has talent and scope to get even better. But it's a £20m deal not a £50m deal

£50m means to me he would be a £200k a week player and he is a long way off that
£20m for his 8 assists - Albrighton got 6, what's he worth?

£20m for his 8 assists - Albrighton got 6, what's he worth?

It's not just the assists, he backs it up with chances created as well tbf, statistically he was one of the most creative players in the league last season - obviously that doesn't tell the whole story but having previously wrote him off I think I may havebeen a bit hasty.

However Id rather a player with speed and trickery for the attacking positons this summer

It's not just the assists, he backs it up with chances created as well tbf, statistically he was one of the most creative players in the league last season - obviously that doesn't tell the whole story but having previously wrote him off I think I may havebeen a bit hasty.

However Id rather a player with speed and trickery for the attacking positons this summer

I think people don't rate him on here because he is English but in reality he is proven in this league with an inferior team.

The big issue to me is the bonkers fee their rumoured to asking which is just never gonna happen

I think people don't rate him on here because he is English but in reality he is proven in this league with an inferior team.

The big issue to me is the bonkers fee their rumoured to asking which is just never gonna happen

If you take the time remaining on his contract out of the equation.
The price would always be a premium!
I would take him. At the right price;)

If you take the time remaining on his contract out of the equation.
The price would always be a premium!
I would take him. At the right price;)

What is the right price for hm though?

People talk about an English premium but its actually now a prem proven premium as seen with mane last season, Bollasie, Sissoko and now Lukaku this season

I think the only thing he has proven is being inconsistent. He wastes too many attacks by making the wrong choice/being selfish.

Back