• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

Or £5m, considering his ability rather than nationality.

Hang on i think he is overrated but he had a lot of assists in an average Everton side.

He has ability but may not have shown it in measure of what the media suggest.

Because Emirates Marketing Project were strongly linked with him last year (and they are desperate for limited number of English players) his fee was at this price, but this is only for Emirates Marketing Project (its partly the reason we are trying for £50M+ Walker).

To us he is probably worth £20-£25M.

I really don't see it with Barkley.
Reminds me of Sterling, whom Carragher said from his time at Liverpool was totally uncoachable. He just couldn't take in instructions or coaching and would just keep running until he got tackled.

I see the same in Barkley, no football brain or game nous, he's ordinary at best and I just can't see him getting any better.

To be fair to him Barkley does have his moments but they are all to infrequent to justify such a big price tag, especially in his last contract year. His wage demands alone will rule out this transfer to us.
I'd prefer we promote and develop Edwards rather than fork out those wages and fee on Barkley.

Reminds me of Sterling, whom Carragher said from his time at Liverpool was totally uncoachable. He just couldn't take in instructions or coaching and would just keep running until he got tackled.

I see the same in Barkley, no football brain or game nous, he's ordinary at best and I just can't see him getting any better.

Does anyone think though that a coach like Poch could bring his best game out of him, make Barkley into the player that he can be - look what he has done with Dier, Ali, Kane etc? Pep seems to have had an impact on Sterling...http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...coming-one-of-europe-best-under-pep-guardiola

Sometimes it is a matter of coaching - Martinez is awful and Koeman doesn't seem to rate him. Sometimes a change of scenery can really help. I am very intrigued about signing him

To be fair to him Barkley does have his moments but they are all to infrequent to justify such a big price tag, especially in his last contract year. His wage demands alone will rule out this transfer to us.
I'd prefer we promote and develop Edwards rather than fork out those wages and fee on Barkley.
Heard he acts like he's already made it, which is worrying.

Heard he acts like he's already made it, which is worrying.

That is the problem with many and both of these do have this trait.

Like both lads but hard work ahead for coaches with Edwards and Barkley.

Edward may be playing today for U19
England U19 v Netherlands U19 UEFA Under-19 Championship Group Stage 14:30 - British Eurosport 2 / British Eurosport 2 HD

You can't coach intelligence - it's something you are born with.

It's why Barkley will be a David Dunn, rather than a Gascoigne or Alli

Or £5m, considering his ability rather than nationality.
Hi ability is huge.... I really do not see how you can state that he lacks ability. What he lacks is a responsibility in how he plays. I cannot answer whether or not he can develop this or not, but it isn't actually that hard to drum in to a player where to position themselves in and out of possession and where on the pitch risks can and can't be taken.

I disagree with you here. I have seen Barkley try to do too much with the ball and also see him take risks in the wrong areas on the pitch, but I have also seem him play fantastic through balls that only a very good player could both spot and execute. I think part of Barkley's problem may be ego as opposed to a lack of intelligence. I think sometimes he doesn't pass because he feels that he is the best player and doesn't want to pass to a player with less ability than he has. It's not too hard to coach that out of a player (especially when he is playing with players who are of similar ability).

Back