• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

When you buy a car you expect it to take you from A to B not break down every week, it's the same with strikers you buy them to score goals he simple hasn't, should we write him off well answer me this would you kepp the car that keeps breaking down?

Well the other striker isn't scoring either and he's playing average at best so Soldado or Kane are the best options at the moment.

Kane deserves to start more than Soldado, and I hope he does on Thursday. I think we should plus either ADe or Soldado on Thursday, and maybe Sunday too.

Fact remains that he put in probably his best performance in a spurs shirt so please put his 'credentials' into context... He still was

He has given himself a lifeline at the club so I am happy. Perfect game for him as city attacked us and gave us space and. he actually ran and Battled for the ball.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine will sit deep - expect Ade to start as against that you need a presence in there,

Touch wood this fires Ade up as soldado has shown that he has some competiiton

I can only imagine the reaction on here if it had been Adebayor who missed that penalty, especially if it was as bad a penalty as Soldado's.

Personally I didn't think Soldado was that bad today, however I didn't think he was that good either. Hopefully we can sell him in January, but I doubt any team will pay anything like a reasonable fee for him.

I can only imagine the reaction on here if it had been Adebayor who missed that penalty, especially if it was as bad a penalty as Soldado's.

Personally I didn't think Soldado was that bad today, however I didn't think he was that good either. Hopefully we can sell him in January, but I doubt any team will pay anything like a reasonable fee for him.

Absolutely agree. I am gutted because we spent so much money on him, but not the striker for the system we want to play. Hope I am wrong though.

it's only fair he gets a run, I think he played well but even the most ardent critic wouldnt deny he looks a better option than ade

Unfortunately they do just that!!

I'm stunned at the criticism of soldado yesterday, I really don't know what people were watching if they don't think he played well!

Fact remains that he put in probably his best performance in a spurs shirt so please put his 'credentials' into context... He still was

He has given himself a lifeline at the club so I am happy. Perfect game for him as city attacked us and gave us space and. he actually ran and Battled for the ball.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine will sit deep - expect Ade to start as against that you need a presence in there,

Touch wood this fires Ade up as soldado has shown that he has some competiiton

I would argue the opposite, we need someone a bit more creative in and around the box and someone who will actually stay in the centre and link up with the 3 behind and not stay at left wing like Ade does. There's no way Soldado should be dropped for next Sunday's game considering the displays Ade has given this season. Honestly, I don't know what games some fans are watching sometimes, nobody is defending Soldado's poor goal return for Spurs, but are people seriously saying the performance he gave at Emirates Marketing Project wasn't better than what Ade has shown and he doesn't deserve at least one more start?

Well going by last season we don't seem to count penalties when evaluating our forwards so im not sure what difference it would have made.

I think he played well he won't start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine as poch prefers Ade imo

I'm still struggling to see in what way people thought Soldado played well? I mean yes he ran around a bit, but apparently that shouldn't have any bearing on whether the CF has done his bit or not. If that is a good Soldado performance then he must be an even worse player than I thought. We desperately need to replace him with a decent CF in Jan.

I was interested to hear Sherwood talking about 'the gulf in class' between City and Spurs yesterday in the comments after the game. From what I saw that was only apparent in the class of the centre forward that each team deployed.... swap Aguero and Soldado yesterday and we would've won that game. It really is time for Levy to go out and get Pochettino his man in January whatever it costs (within reason of course) so that the manager can be judged properly.

He set up mason on a plate, set up erikson's goal, won a penalty out of nothing. That on its own is good and I've not mentioned his general link up play. Did you not think we looked far better going forward yesterday? Against one of the best teams in the league for that matter as well, I think soldado was integral to that.

I'm struggling to see why some people think he didn't play well!

He set up mason on a plate, set up erikson's goal, won a penalty out of nothing. That on its own is good and I've not mentioned his general link up play. Did you not think we looked far better going forward yesterday? Against one of the best teams in the league for that matter as well, I think soldado was integral to that.

Id have thought those so keen to point out Adebayors assist of the assisters and 'key contribution' stats would be able to do the same for Soldado - but no, now penalties are all important (now that he's actually missed one - funny that)

It couldn't possibly be that they've already concluded he's **** and nothing will ever change their minds?

As an example, from further up this page:

Fact remains that he put in probably his best performance in a spurs shirt so please put his 'credentials' into context

Someone has either not seen him play for Spurs before or conveniently chosen to ignore every positive contribution he has ever made.

Unfortunately they do just that!!

I'm stunned at the criticism of soldado yesterday, I really don't know what people were watching if they don't think he played well!

I'm not at all surprised - the narrative was written a long time ago:

AVB = intellectual ∴ don't like AVB
Soldado = out of form ∴ must have been an AVB buy
Because of the above, Soldado can never be good as that would mean admitting that either they were wrong about the assumption AVB bought Soldado or that AVB had done something right.

Soldado probably won't ever score 20PL goals in a season. He's already done more in a match than a non-contract season Ade does in 10, but that won't ever change the narrative.

I'm not at all surprised - the narrative was written a long time ago:

AVB = intellectual ∴ don't like AVB
Soldado = out of form ∴ must have been an AVB buy
Because of the above, Soldado can never be good as that would mean admitting that either they were wrong about the assumption AVB bought Soldado or that AVB had done something right.

Soldado probably won't ever score 20PL goals in a season. He's already done more in a match than a non-contract season Ade does in 10, but that won't ever change the narrative.

The thing is all of the above may be correct but that one single line is a far bigger point against Soldado (who I actually assume your trying to promote) than any other post. Workrate is fine, link play is fine but his goal return, for an alleged 30 goal a season scoring machine in Spain, has been woeful and that is what most people will judge him on, especially after spending nigh on 30m to get him.

Positive contribution or not (and Ade does make positive contributions at times as well) he simply isn't performing to the level everyone either expected or bigged him up to do. Ergo people will get on his back and find the negatives in the same way they find negatives about pretty much every other player in the squad.

The thing is all of the above may be correct but that one single line is a far bigger point against Soldado (who I actually assume your trying to promote) than any other post. Workrate is fine, link play is fine but his goal return, for an alleged 30 goal a season scoring machine in Spain, has been woeful and that is what most people will judge him on, especially after spending nigh on 30m to get him.

Positive contribution or not (and Ade does make positive contributions at times as well) he simply isn't performing to the level everyone either expected or bigged him up to do. Ergo people will get on his back and find the negatives in the same way they find negatives about pretty much every other player in the squad.

I think that unless Soldado can do here what he did in Spain (and I'm not sure he can) then he probably needs replacing.

But, in the context of recent discussions here, he's a very, very distant second on that list of strikers who need replacing. More performances like yesterday and he might find himself third.

And he's clearly at the top of the list now of established strikers who should be starting in the PL.

Back