• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

id like a front two of Soldado and Kane tbh, with Kane being the one that drops in behind.......I just dont think Soldado has been given a proper chance since AVB left. I dont understand spending so much on a player and then not backing him. We are not going to qualify for the CL as its appears to be a transitional season. In such a season, id rather give Soldado all the time to prove himself rather than Ade. Thats all.

I would like to see that as well to see how it would work. Thing about Soldado though is we are talking about a 29 year old player here is he part of the future for the club? I also agree it is a transitional type season so why not play Kane? Also Soldado has over 50 appearances for us so how long should we give him to prove his worth?

In Poch's system it appears we will only see the one striker so as it stand I can't see how we can persist with Soldado. We need goals out of our loan striker and unless we see a miraculous transformation I just don't see them coming from Bobby

Don't think Soldado needs to be played in a front two - just a run in the team with the likes of Lamela and Eriksen supplying him. Kane's a good prospect but he's still developing and im happy for him to be eased in to things.

I would argue Kane has been eased into things but I don't see why he can't/shouldn't be given a run of games? We need goals from our striker and neither Bobby nor Ade are providing that why not give Kane a chance?

Don't think Soldado needs to be played in a front two - just a run in the team with the likes of Lamela and Eriksen supplying him. Kane's a good prospect but he's still developing and im happy for him to be eased in to things.

An alternative viewpoint is that Kane's under 21 partner is also still developing, but he has been given his head at West Brom and has scored 6 goals this season.

Berahino has 10 goals in 13 matches at under 21 level while Kane has 6 in 9. Berahino to me is the more natural finisher while Kane seems to have the better all round game.

Soldado should be given a couple more starts at least. Dropping him after only starting him away to City is essentially what AVB did to Lamela last season. Doesn't seem fair to me.

If he keeps getting into scoring positions against teams that sit back more he should keep getting starts as we know he can score when provided service and it will just be a matter of time.

I would argue Kane has been eased into things but I don't see why he can't/shouldn't be given a run of games? We need goals from our striker and neither Bobby nor Ade are providing that why not give Kane a chance?

Soldado has gotten one league start under Poch. Under AVB nothing worked, and Soldado didn't score. Under Sherwood he was mostly left out for Ade. If he was to be only given one game and dropped if he didn't score and that one game was City it seems strange to me. Just like it would if it had been Kane that was given the chance.

Soldado has played one league game this season so i think it's a little early to lump him in with Adebayor on the no scoring front mate

Soldado should be given a couple more starts at least. Dropping him after only starting him away to City is essentially what AVB did to Lamela last season. Doesn't seem fair to me.

If he keeps getting into scoring positions against teams that sit back more he should keep getting starts as we know he can score when provided service and it will just be a matter of time.

Soldado has gotten one league start under Poch. Under AVB nothing worked, and Soldado didn't score. Under Sherwood he was mostly left out for Ade. If he was to be only given one game and dropped if he didn't score and that one game was City it seems strange to me. Just like it would if it had been Kane that was given the chance.

I agree
Give him the next 3 games and see if he keeps it up
If he does, it will click and he'll become the player we brought
If it doesn't, its a list cause

I'd also start Kane. He offers more than Lamela at present. Play him whilst he has momentum.

Soldado has only started one league game, away, at the champions! Bit harsh to drop him on the basis that he didn't score in that one start don't you think?

Soldado has only started one league game, away, at the champions! Bit harsh to drop him on the basis that he didn't score in that one start don't you think?

Not just basing it on the one start more his Europa appearances and all of last year I personally can't see him turning into a goal scoring machine out of nowhere. Would be happy to be proven wrong mind you but I would start Kane as he has looked dangerous and scored most of his appearances when given a chance

50 appearances? Is that right? Seems an awful lot for a season and a bit.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Not just basing it on the one start more his Europa appearances and all of last year I personally can't see him turning into a goal scoring machine out of nowhere. Would be happy to be proven wrong mind you but I would start Kane as he has looked dangerous and scored most of his appearances when given a chance

Gerd Muller would struggle to score being supplied by Paulinho, Lennon and Townsend though.

Give him more chances with Eriksen, Lamela and shagger Chadli.

Soldado probably won't ever score 20PL goals in a season. He's already done more in a match than a non-contract season Ade does in 10, but that won't ever change the narrative.

Utterly deluded. He was good on Sat, nothing more. Ade has had plenty of games where he contributes (ie Southampton where he set up a goal and laid on some key chances) yet still got terrorised by the likes of you.

I don't even particularly like Ade but he is and has been so far ahead of bob that it isn't even funny.

Utterly deluded. He was good on Sat, nothing more. Ade has had plenty of games where he contributes (ie Southampton where he set up a goal and laid on some key chances) yet still got terrorised by the likes of you.

I don't even particularly like Ade but he is and has been so far ahead of bob that it isn't even funny.

Can you name another game he played well in? Only one I can remember is QPR and they are a shocking side.

If we were picking players on past achievements then Lennon would be in the team every week.

Can you name another game he played well in? Only one I can remember is QPR and they are a shocking side.

If we were picking players on past achievements then Lennon would be in the team every week.

QPR, Southampton and was our best player against Liverpool (and the only one that looked like he could be bothered btw). Even in most of the other games he hasn't necessarily been bad.

One thing is clear...Soldado was decent on saturday but his performance has been ridiculously overrated by some.

Maybe Kane should get a go vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine now.

One thing is clear...Soldado was decent on saturday but his performance has been ridiculously overrated by some.

Maybe Kane should get a go vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine now.

Im a fan of Kane but even you have acknowledged he was decent (not meant in a negative way but you have been one of the most critical of him), so surely he deserves to keep his place? Obviously he should have done better with his penalty, but other than that was good enough to at least keep his place for the next league game no? Not sure what sort of message that would send if he is dropped after a good performance.....

Back