• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Chelsea aren't a possession side, and Giroud is fairly mobile/more Kane-like
I don't think that Giroud is any more mobile than Benteke, in fact if anything I would say that he is considerably less mobile.
In what way are Chelsea not a possession side?.... OK in some select games they are happy to concede possession and play on the break, but in a large majority of their games they have the lions share.
I would bet that over the course of a season us and Chelsea average about 55% possession (and probably Arsenal as well)

Target men can be isolated, or it becomes a lump the ball to player game.

Costa is a player that is much more than a target man, he can be a poacher as well, he also (as part of his game), aggravates/winds up opposition and to be fair, is a quality striker
Giroud actually makes a decent number of channel runs, so again has a bit more to his game than the classic target man, I do think he's not that great a player quality wise, but the Scum creates a lot of chances, hence his record is ok.

My concern with Benteke is he seems extremely streakish, ala JD/Ade. Players like that you can almost never build a team around as it works great for 7-9 games, side gets into a good position then stumbles for 10-15 games and gives up all the gains you got from the hot streak.

Target men can be isolated, or it becomes a lump the ball to player game.

Costa is a player that is much more than a target man, he can be a poacher as well, he also (as part of his game), aggravates/winds up opposition and to be fair, is a quality striker
Giroud actually makes a decent number of channel runs, so again has a bit more to his game than the classic target man, I do think he's not that great a player quality wise, but the Scum creates a lot of chances, hence his record is ok.

My concern with Benteke is he seems extremely streakish, ala JD/Ade. Players like that you can almost never build a team around as it works great for 7-9 games, side gets into a good position then stumbles for 10-15 games and gives up all the gains you got from the hot streak.

I don't think that is far as you have to consider the team that the player is plying his trade for. If you're playing for a team of the quality of Aston Villa then you are quite likely to go for various stretches of games where your team does little other than defend, if you're playing for Arsenal or Chelsea then your team are generally on top in virtually every game and your team would rarely go for even 2 or 3 games without a win. Put Benteke in the Arsenal or Chelsea team and I'm sure you'd see a more consistent goal return from him. Equally put Costa in the Villa team and I'm sure you'd see that same streaky sort of goalscoring behaviour.

Target men don't work for teams that have a lot of possession. Us signing Benteke would be like Liverpool signing Carroll. Decent player in the right (direct) system, but dreadful in the wrong one. It's not Sherwood has particularly inspire Benteke, he's just getting them to play long balls to him cf Lambert's passing game.

Having a intelligent, mobile #9 who can run the channels like Kane is exactly what our system needs. Its why I'm keen on Ings as Kane's understudy.

But he not just a target man though, he has a good touch, can lead a line and bring others into play and is far better then Carroll. And this myth about Benteke being a CF who can only play on the long ball is just gonad*s.

At least someone cares! Happy Birthday Robbie
292906C700000578-3101608-The_Tottenham_players_pose_for_a_photo_with_birthday_boy_Roberto-a-31_1432855174556.jpg
Stuck at work doing a tender, thank goodness for gg the best procrastination destination.

292906C700000578-3101608-The_Tottenham_players_pose_for_a_photo_with_birthday_boy_Roberto-a-31_1432855174556.jpg
Stuck at work doing a tender, thank goodness for gg the best procrastination destination.

Nice of Jan to make an effort!.... I'm assuming nobody had the heart to tell him it was going to be the sort of place that served drinks in plastic cups.

I'm assuming Bobby must've been picking up the bill as the Birthday boy and is a bit tight for cash this year due to a seriously depleted goals scored bonus! ;)

Nice of Jan to make an effort!.... I'm assuming nobody had the heart to tell him it was going to be the sort of place that served drinks in plastic cups.

I'm assuming Bobby must've been picking up the bill as the Birthday boy and is a bit tight for cash this year due to a seriously depleted goals scored bonus! ;)
I'm guessing its Levy that shelled out for the cake, he wouldn't have been able to resist. A combined Birthday/Goodbye cake? Bargain

I don't think that is far as you have to consider the team that the player is plying his trade for. If you're playing for a team of the quality of Aston Villa then you are quite likely to go for various stretches of games where your team does little other than defend, if you're playing for Arsenal or Chelsea then your team are generally on top in virtually every game and your team would rarely go for even 2 or 3 games without a win. Put Benteke in the Arsenal or Chelsea team and I'm sure you'd see a more consistent goal return from him. Equally put Costa in the Villa team and I'm sure you'd see that same streaky sort of goalscoring behaviour.

I dont know why I got memories of Darren Bent.

For what it's worth, all those players save for Capoue and Stambouli will still be at the club next season, imo. Same goes for Friedel's brother, too (the club liason officer, I believe: he's basically taking over the role of Joel, friend of our erstwhile instagram legend Sandro :p ).

But he not just a target man though, he has a good touch, can lead a line and bring others into play and is far better then Carroll. And this myth about Benteke being a CF who can only play on the long ball is just cobblers.

Wouldn't bother if I were you... nothing you can say will convince them

Galatasaray have set their sights on Tottenham’s out-of-favour striker Roberto Soldado according to AMK.

The report goes onto state that Galatasaray are willing to match his €3 million per season wages which he currently earns.

Galatasaray have set their sights on Tottenham’s out-of-favour striker Roberto Soldado according to AMK.

The report goes onto state that Galatasaray are willing to match his €3 million per season wages which he currently earns.

Apparently Sneijder is also sounding out RVP too.

Back