• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I also agree that we will buy a striker this summer but I am quite sure that he won't be anywhere as good as Kane - because those rare breeds cost in excess of 30 mill. He will be a decent backup, play in the EL if we don't make top 4 and be someone we can put on if we are struggling to break down a stubborn defence.

If it aint broke, why fix it. We have the third best goal scorer in Europe who, as Poch said, still can improve further and get better. So let's nurture him in the position he has shown himself to be most effective in.

Instead of a name, I think we should look at the qualities

- Soldado & Bent to me show Spurs doesn't leverage the poacher type player very well.
- We have an undisputed #1 now
- We need someone that can play alongside, play cups and bring something Kane doesn't have
- The only variety Kane can't add to his game is pace.

My choice - young striker, looking for 10-12 goals a season, lots of pace, type of style that stays in game for full 90 mins (doesn't disappear from games)

- Soldado & Bent to me show Spurs doesn't leverage the poacher type player very well.
- We need someone that can play alongside, play cups and bring something Kane doesn't have

My choice - young striker, looking for 10-12 goals a season, lots of pace, type of style that stays in game for full 90 mins (doesn't disappear from games)

Berahino perhaps?

I also like what I have seen (which admittedly is only a little) of Icardi at Inter Milan.

Can someone please explain why Poch continues to being on this waste of space when we are struggling? Is it possible he has not realised that it is an absolutely futile venture?

Can someone please explain why Poch continues to being on this waste of space when we are struggling? Is it possible he has not realised that it is an absolutely futile venture?

it does suggest he sees something in training on a daily basis

or it could just be it was his turn as the bench is full of futile ventures

Another thing Kane lacks is the ability to be a proper target man. He's not small, he's not weak, but he's not a real target man.

Because the other options on the bench are just as bad and our best young attacking players are out on loan?

Eriksen has been horrendous for about 3 months now and with Pritchard and Holtby out on loan, we don't have another ACM option

The last couple of games bringing Soldado on for Eriksen has been swapping not-very-much for not-very-much

Eriksen has been horrendous for about 3 months now and with Pritchard and Holtby out on loan, we don't have another ACM option

The last couple of games bringing Soldado on for Eriksen has been swapping not-very-much for not-very-much

In which case we might as well bring on one of our young players like McEvoy, Winks, Onomah, Oduwa or Lesniak. At least the odd one of those might actually have a future at Spurs.

Go 44-2 and stick him up top with Kane for the last 2 games if he is fit. Stick Townsend on the left and Yedlin on the right and let them stick in crosses all game.

In which case we might as well bring on one of our young players like McEvoy, Winks, Onomah, Oduwa or Lesniak. At least the odd one of those might actually have a future at Spurs.

I really don't think Pochettino can be blamed for not giving young players the chance...

Some of those mentioned there might become good enough, but there's no need to push them through to the first team too soon. I assume Pochettino has a good idea who is ready and who isn't.

Another thing Kane lacks is the ability to be a proper target man. He's not small, he's not weak, but he's not a real target man.
?

Would agree with this he likes to pick the ball up deeper and for me would be better behind a target man, Benteke would be the perfect player for him to play alongside (imo). One of the reasons I would like to see Villa go down as it would mean Benteke wold be available.

Holtby won't be coming back. He has been absolutely appalling for HSV. Either on the bench or hauled off (as in last time out against Freiburg).

Would agree with this he likes to pick the ball up deeper and for me would be better behind a target man, Benteke would be the perfect player for him to play alongside (imo). One of the reasons I would like to see Villa go down as it would mean Benteke wold be available.

Agreed. Kane's versatility is a great benefit to us. I think he could be useful in a variety of roles playing alongside (or behind, or ahead of) different types of players.

Target men don't work for teams that have a lot of possession. Us signing Benteke would be like Liverpool signing Carroll. Decent player in the right (direct) system, but dreadful in the wrong one. It's not Sherwood has particularly inspire Benteke, he's just getting them to play long balls to him cf Lambert's passing game.

Having a intelligent, mobile #9 who can run the channels like Kane is exactly what our system needs. Its why I'm keen on Ings as Kane's understudy.

Unlike Adebayor, he's not a complete clam and we don't have much else to choose from.

Target men don't work for teams that have a lot of possession. Us signing Benteke would be like Liverpool signing Carroll. Decent player in the right (direct) system, but dreadful in the wrong one. It's not Sherwood has particularly inspire Benteke, he's just getting them to play long balls to him cf Lambert's passing game.

Having a intelligent, mobile #9 who can run the channels like Kane is exactly what our system needs. Its why I'm keen on Ings as Kane's understudy.
That's not the way they are playing from what I have seen. They've hit a few long ones to him for sure but then again so do we to Kane (who never wins them :(). I think you just don't like Benteke and try and repeatedly paint him as a big lump when he offers a lot more than that. To be perfectly honest I used to think of him that way too but the more I watched him the more I realised that I had judged him wrong.
I'd have him at Spurs in a heartbeat.

Hmmmm Chelsea seemed to do OK this season with Costa up front. Arsenal also seem a far better team when Giroud is up front. I would imagine that both of these two teams have an overall level of possession that is very close to ours over the course of a season.

Hmmmm Chelsea seemed to do OK this season with Costa up front. Arsenal also seem a far better team when Giroud is up front. I would imagine that both of these two teams have an overall level of possession that is very close to ours over the course of a season.

Chelsea aren't a possession side, and Giroud is fairly mobile/more Kane-like

Back