• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Or maybe Benteke would partner Kane. Incidentally, That combination is what I would like to see here for some games. I certainly don't want the Sollyman here by himself. Had enough of that thank you.

Villa have Agbonlahir and Weiman. We have Kane and.........no one.

Kane is being run into the ground for the very reason that we don't have any viable back up. It is beginning to drain him.
You'd rather Agbonlahor and Weimann over Soldado? I'd hazard a guess that with Benteke in the squad we wouldn't have seen such a rise from young Harry. Pochettino isn't suddenly going to play two up top. If it were Kane and another striker, Kane is usually the one who drops to play one of the 3 behind the front man

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but buying another striker and then putting an extra striker in our formation doesn't make either of them any less used up than Kane already is - we'd just have two tired strikers instead if one.

If you're suggesting we use Benteke to give Kane a break from time to time then I go back to my original point - buying him wouldn't have put us in any better a position than we are with Soldado. In fact, if most of the press are to be believed, we won't have to pay half of Soldado's fee due to clauses not being met. Whereas Villa wanted most of the fee up front so we'd be £30M in the hole rather than £16M.

You are being disingenuous as usual. I said in SOME games. Especially when Plan A isn't working. Poch often brings on Soldado to partner Kane. Benteke would be much better in that role imo. I wouldn't be at all surprised if TS gets Benteke firing again. He has already scored one and assisted one under Sherwood. Soldado just continues to look totally ineffective.

In addition, when Kane needs a rest, I would certainly prefer Benteke to our two duds. No contest.

Allow me to let you into a secret, top strikers cost serious money. We need at least one if we are to mount a serious challenge next season. Just because we ballsed up twice with Ade and Solly, doesn't mean we necessarily will again.

You'd rather Agbonlahor and Weimann over Soldado? I'd hazard a guess that with Benteke in the squad we wouldn't have seen such a rise from young Harry. Pochettino isn't suddenly going to play two up top. If it were Kane and another striker, Kane is usually the one who drops to play one of the 3 behind the front man

At this stage, I would rather have virtually anyone over Solly. At least Agbonlahor has pace which would allow us a different option. I think we need at least two top strikers in the squad, ideally three. At present we have one. A proper centre forward would enable Kane to drop deeper and give us another dimension. I feel this may still be his better long term position.

I'd really like to see Soldado drop deeper. I think he might be useful playing behind the striker with less onus on scoring.

People still interested in Benteke? I can't see how he's the answer, highlight reels? 4 goals this season, his best season was 2 years ago.

He's looks very much like the type of striker that has one breakout season and then for the rest of his career is a "handful" for defenders in individual games but never dials it in consistently.

People still interested in Benteke? I can't see how he's the answer, highlight reels? 4 goals this season, his best season was 2 years ago.

He's looks very much like the type of striker that has one breakout season and then for the rest of his career is a "handful" for defenders in individual games but never dials it in consistently.

He's regressed, but I would happily get rid of Ade and Soldado to make way for him.

lets hope Kane doesnt suffer from this

Kane, Jay Rodriguez and Gignac or Huntelaar on a free....that will do

The problem is, with playing one up top how do we either get sufficient quality in or sufficient game time for the newcomer to be satisfied?

Who's going to come knowing most likely they'll see a lot of bench time whilst Kane is first pick?

The problem is, with playing one up top how do we either get sufficient quality in or sufficient game time for the newcomer to be satisfied?

Who's going to come knowing most likely they'll see a lot of bench time whilst Kane is first pick?

Someone who has confidence in their own abilities and feels they can make the role theirs?

Or a Jay Rodriguez type who can play a number of roles but is more than adequate to play up top.

buy someone better than Kane as a 9 so we can drop him back as a 10

Back