• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs Southampton

Further to this...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/rickie-lambert-slides-southampton-level-2-2-v-spurs-gif/

If Lloris stays put then Lallana would have to beat him with a shot struck from practically right in he the corner of the box.

I'd rate Hugo's chances in that situation.

Granted, Eriksen loses his runner which is also catastrophic to the situation but the first instance is that Lloris needs to stay put there. He never gets within 3 yards of Lallana so it's not even a close decision; he just leaves himself stranded.

Hopefully he'll learn from it.

I think Lloris' natural reaction is to close that space down, like ive always said, it will work nine times out of ten, right now though its like seven out of ten. I think due to the panic that has set in with our defence it has caused him to panic - I sense he has no confidence in the back line so he does all he can. Unfortunately people slate him for it.

Over time that will be eradicated. He is just having a bad time but is still a very good keeper.

Further to this...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/rickie-lambert-slides-southampton-level-2-2-v-spurs-gif/

If Lloris stays put then Lallana would have to beat him with a shot struck from practically right in he the corner of the box.

I'd rate Hugo's chances in that situation.

Granted, Eriksen loses his runner which is also catastrophic to the situation but the first instance is that Lloris needs to stay put there. He never gets within 3 yards of Lallana so it's not even a close decision; he just leaves himself stranded.

Hopefully he'll learn from it.

Lalala takes a touch wide because of Lloris IMO. Without Lloris coming out he'd just turn towards goal - a chance you'd put your money on most players scoring.

Nobody was covering - Dawson and Chiriches were miles behind.

Dawson was within a stride or two and may have done enough to jockey Lallana with a little more time. He may have had that time if Lloris doesn't make up Lallana's mind for him to square it early.

Agree - Chiriches looks like he's bee sucked toward the ball, but more crucially, Lambert runs off both Eriksen and Bentaleb.

Anyhoo, I've made me point so I'll shut up now!

Lalala takes a touch wide because of Lloris IMO. Without Lloris coming out he'd just turn towards goal - a chance you'd put your money on most players scoring.

Nah, he's stretching to control the pass... He takes a long stride to reach it. Wide is the only place he could go with it. Also, I don't think he looks up to see that Lloris is coming, IMO.

Obviously a big mistake by Lloris, I don't see how anyone can even deny it. If he had stayed on his line, Lallana would have had to do very well to beat him from that distance and angle. We also had a defender goalside. When he went out, Southampton had an easy goal.

I've been wondering if we should give Lloris a rest now and let Friedel take over for a few games. Since he returned from the bang on the head, he has been making bad and costly mistakes in almost every game. Obviously, he has also got the ability to win games for us, like he did against Fulham, but he is making too many mistakes at the moment.

Nobody was covering - Dawson and Chiriches were miles behind.

dont agree

you and superlatives. how could they be miles behind when the ball was played in behind chiriches and he was just ahead of the box...miles behind puts lalalalalaaana on the byline. lloris didnt have to come out for that one...but i rather he did and remained consistent for what he is now known for than start second guessing himself

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...-spurs-gif/&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_138779646369410

edit:- does that look like miles behind?

dont know why the link doesnt say the same thing as the guy i got it from at the top of the page?

Last edited:
dont agree

you and superlatives. how could they be miles behind when the ball was played in behind chiriches and he was just ahead of the box...miles behind puts lalalalalaaana on the byline. lloris didnt have to come out for that one...but i rather he did and remained consistent for what he is now known for than start second guessing himself

Ok ignore the miles behind comment. If Lalala wanted to turn towards goal, I believe he'd have had a clear run, and wouldn't have had to take on a defender. In that case, I think closing down the player with the ball is equally as good a decision as staying on your line in case of a pass to another player.

dammit

first time in a while i have had to disagree with you but have to agree with truth here

not on the abysmal front, the word might be a bit harsh, but not inspiring.....aside from the cross there wasnt anything that said this guy was special that i can think of

having said that i think his confidence and form are low

Ah I thought his movement and positioning were good in all honesty AS. With more confidence I think he would have buried the chances he had, and I feel that will come over the coming weeks.

Abysmal is way OTT.

Yep, I've seen it.

If Lalala takes his first touch towards goal he's clean through. I think he sees Lloris coming and takes his first touch away.

ah right

i get you now

actually makes sense, how else would he have known squaring it would be to an open man staring at the open goal

Ok ignore the miles behind comment. If Lalala wanted to turn towards goal, I believe he'd have had a clear run, and wouldn't have had to take on a defender. In that case, I think closing down the player with the ball is equally as good a decision as staying on your line in case of a pass to another player.

Even if you'd been right about him bring though on goal, which you aren't, it would still have been better to stay closer to the line and force Lallana to find a way to shoot past him than to give them an open goal to pass the ball into.

For what it is worth, Erik Thorstvedt was saying on Norwegian tv that Lloris should never have come out of his goal in that situation.

LLORIS: 5 - it would have been a solid 6 or 7 but you cannot get away with making such poor judgements at this level. He needs to sort that out ASAP Rocky.
WALKER: 7 - think he's been overhyped by our fans this season cos of how crap some of his teammates have been but he was good yesterday.
DAWSON: 6 - did decent yesterday, helped that he wasn't up against any pace in their attack.
CHIRICHES: 5 - his worst game for us yet in the Prem. I still have hopes he will be good for us.
ROSE: 6 - put in a shift, tried to offer what he could going forward.
DEMBELE: 6 - thought like in most his games this season he was ponderous in possession but TBF to him he didn't have much support in the middle.
ERIKSEN: 6 - linked the play okay at times, he's very weak in the tackle though which is frustrating.
LAMELA: 6 - put in some effort but his overall quality was lacking. Tries to do too much by himself, it needs to be ironed out.
SIGURDSSON: 5 - poor again. Offers little apart from a good strike.
SOLDADO: 6 - did okay, ran hard in bits and pieces. Great assist but we dished out £26m for him as a penalty box striker and he can't even score sitters, which is a concern.
ADEBAYOR: 8 - two good finishes, linked the play up well in the second half, his best game for us in a while.

BENTALEB: 7 - very impressive stuff, kept it ticking, needs beefing up. Begs the question, why did we splash out so much on Paulinho and Capoue if he's waiting in the wings?
DEFOE: 6 - not enough time to influence the game.
CHADLI: 7 - showed good signs when he came on.

Absurd comment. In fact your entire post is absurd.

Why, what has Soldado done to be described as anything bar abysmal?

The hallmarks of his Spurs career so far are:

- Terrible finishing - absolute myth that he's not had adequate service;
- Terrible touch - the amount of times you just see the ball bounce off him is scary;
- Lack of effort - he might half heartedly chase someone down, but that's it;
- Slow - my word, he is slow;
- Weak - constantly bouncing off defenders, like a little boy.

I understand we're not playing to his strengths, and he may be low on confidence, but that's even more of a reason to try and adapt your game and work harder, not stand around, looking moodily, tragically hoping to win free kicks.

Back