• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v West Ham

That's funny as one of the players you called out is Rose who also had an excellent season at Sunderland,being named their player of the year followed by according to some a poor season last year along with pretty much everyone else. Now under Poch early signs are good.

To be honest your whole argument is flawed, and if you're basing how good teams are on who could get in who's side then you dont really comprehend what a successful side is all about.....

I think you misunderstand. You said that prior to Rodgers Henderson was "a laughing stock". The point i am making is that he might have been during his first season at Liverpool but prior to that looked good, therefore that one 'laughing stock season' was the anomaly.
As for "your whole argument is flawed", i think you mean that you disagree with my argument. My point was simply that on paper, when our squad is set out in the way it was by dza above doesn't look as strong as any of the top 5/6 because (what I describe as) our second tier (as opposed to second choice) players are, in my view, on paper or on the pitch, inferior to most of those at the other top 5/6 clubs. You take the view my argument is flawed, fine; but the league table from the end of last season would seem to suggest it's anything but.

And we're two injuries away from Mason in midfield. As i said, i don't think MANY of the players i listed would be more than fringe players at those clubs. I agree United and to a lesser extent Liverpool are the weaker squads of the five clubs mentioned, but which of those players (Naugton, Kane, Townsend, Chadli, Holtby and Rose) do you think would be pushing to start at Liverpool or United?

Naughton, Holtby, and Townsend at Liverpool. Seriously Naughton is not the greatest rightback in the world but he is no worse than Johnson. I think Gerrard is finished at this level, therefore could be challenged by Holtby in that role, plus Holtby is better than Henderson, and Townsend while not great certainly has the potential (in terms of pace, touch and technique) to challenge players like Lallana and Sterling given the right coaching to improve his decision making. Kane would be a good alternative to Lambert although Lambert himself may never be a regular starter there.

Naughton, Rose, Townsend, Holtby, Chadli at Man U. Their fullbacks are sh1t (apart from Shaw who is injured. Their midfield is shocking, and Holtby could probably do a job alongside Herrara. What decent wide players do they have matter (don't say Mata he is far more effective playing through the middle) Townsend and Chadles could at least pressure whoever is 1st choice there.

Naughton, Holtby, and Townsend at Liverpool. Seriously Naughton is not the greatest rightback in the world but he is no worse than Johnson. I think Gerrard is finished at this level, therefore could be challenged by Holtby in that role, plus Holtby is better than Henderson, and Townsend while not great certainly has the potential (in terms of pace, touch and technique) to challenge players like Lallana and Sterling given the right coaching to improve his decision making. Kane would be a good alternative to Lambert although Lambert himself may never be a regular starter there.

Naughton, Rose, Townsend, Holtby, Chadli at Man U. Their fullbacks are sh1t (apart from Shaw who is injured. Their midfield is shocking, and Holtby could probably do a job alongside Herrara. What decent wide players do they have matter (don't say Mata he is far more effective playing through the middle) Townsend and Chadles could at least pressure whoever is 1st choice there.

I'm surprised you think Naughton is on a par with Johnson, that Holtby is better than Henderson and could challenge Gerrard for a place and that Townsend has the potential to be as good as Lallana and Sterling. Shows how diverse football opinions can be, i suppose.

Lloris 8
Naughton 5
Kaboul 6
Dier 8
Rose 6
Bentaleb 7
Capoue 6
Eriksen 6
Lamela 6
Lennon 5
Adebayor 5

Holtby 6
Townsend 7
Kane 7

I'm surprised you think Naughton is on a par with Johnson, that Holtby is better than Henderson and could challenge Gerrard for a place and that Townsend has the potential to be as good as Lallana and Sterling. Shows how diverse football opinions can be, i suppose.

Either way, most if not all of our squad players wouldnt look out of place in Liverpool's squad at all....

Some serious lillywhite tinted glasses were worn during the writing of this post :lol:

edit: except for the part about United.

Back