• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Norwich

its hard to be objective about giving ratings in a game like this where Norwich just lay down and offered little to no threat

its hard to be objective about giving ratings in a game like this where Norwich just lay down and offered little to no threat

I don't agree with that. They counter attacked at speed and Winkle could have scored.

The great thing was they tried to park the bus but we had the keys this time to move it.

Other than Arsenal (at a stretch), no club has managed to offer any threat towards our goal this season in our opening 6 games.

Thanks and thanks to Tinneth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm4kDI7EG0g

He was deemed to have stopped a goalscoring opp but he could have booted it. Was his debut.

You're welcome.

Not sure about this example, but the Lloris one clearly wasn't a red card offense imo.

As a side note the debatable red cards as the last man seems to be one of the examples where bigger teams continually get decisions going their way. United yesterday, Arsenal yesterday and Chelsea yesterday are just the most recent examples.

Would a United player have been sent off for the same offense as the Palace player was? I'm not so sure.

The Altidore one was clear cut imo. Altidore even went on to slot it in alone with the goalie despite being fouled, how much clearer could it be that a clear goal scoring chance was stopped by the foul? I think it would be very rare to see the player stay on the pitch had that foul been committed by a player for a lower half team.

Luiz stopping the Everton player (Mirallas iirc) was a lot clearer than when that Bolton player got sent off against us for example.

Obviously individual examples like these aren't in themselves evidence that there is a bias, but as far as I've seen the bigger teams get these decisions their way a lot more than they should.

I wasn't saying it should have been a red, I think the yellow was fair but if the ref thinks that Loris knew he was going to end up handling it outside the area and therefore deliberate handball then he could easily have given a red card, regardless of who was behind him. Again, not saying that should have happened just that it could have.

did they come with the intention of causing no threat or did we simply dominate the midfield to such an extent that we snuffed out any chance they had of threatening?

Norwich have a good side and have/will cause many teams problems home or away - lining up 442 was very naive of Hughton though.

did they come with the intention of causing no threat or did we simply dominate the midfield to such an extent that we snuffed out any chance they had of threatening?

of course they came with the intention to cause no threat. They showed up and thought **** this, we'll never win against this lot and we won comfortably.

GHod forbid Spurs fans can give the team they love credit just because it was little old Norwich. These are the games we SHOULD be winning and we did, comfortably. Utter demolition, never seen us dominate a team so easily in my life. I wouldnt even mind not picking up 3 points against all the top clubs if it meant beating the **** ones comfortably.

8565363358_36f18fbd84_o.gif

Mark Bunn got sent off for Norwich last season for denying a goalscoring opportunity.

Lloris - 6.25

Walker - 6.5
Dawson - 6.75
Vertonghen - 7
Rose - 8

Dembele - 7.5
Paulinho - 8

Townsend - 6.75
Eriksen - 8.5
Sigurdsson - 8.25

Soldado - 7.25

TEAM - 8

Very happy with the performance. The team seem to be clicking.
It can only get better with time.
I know it was only Norwich, but we have struggled against them in the past.

8565363358_36f18fbd84_o.gif

Mark Bunn got sent off for Norwich last season for denying a goalscoring opportunity.

That's nothing like lloris punch though. He was less than a foot over the line when he made connection with the ball, so very hard to argue that his intention was to deliberately hand ball outside the area, 2 of our defenders were also behind him on the 6 yard line as well. Whereas bunn was clearly outside the area and deliberately hand balled to stop a goal as no other defenders were anywhere near.

They might have a better case for Lloris banging into their guy. I think that was on the edge of the area and maybe a penalty.

The handball was just that, not even convinced it was worth a yellow. Given he's entitled to handled the ball and he merely misjudged the contact point. No-one was injured, no danger to anyone blah blah

Back