• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Norwich

LLoris - 4 Shaky moments in the air

Walker 6 Frustates me going forward, but getting better. Always available.

Dawson 5 OK

Vertonghen 5 Slip could have been costly. Ok apart from that.

Rose 7 Warrior. Strong, energetic, and very good going forward. Never gives up, cares, and is involved. Makes a change for BAE.

Paulinho 7 Good game, assist.

Dembele 6 Hes not the best passer but beast in the middle of the park.

Eriksen 7 Pulled the strings, lovely to watch, and nice passing. Good signing.

Towsend 6 Yes he wastes, yes he is a bit selfish but hes a nightmare to play against. Always involved, and creates spaces.

Siggy 8 Ran a lot as always, two good finishes. Good game.

Soldado 5 Not easy to rate him, we had the ball in the box a lot today and I expected him to score a few today. Take away the two penalties, and he hasnt impressed so far.

Shocking to see such low ratings by charlietheyid. Norwich were poor but we made them look poor. We were closing down everything! Faster, quicker, stronger.

Lloris - 6 - Didn't have much to do.
Walker - 7 - He played very well today. C'mon admit it!
Dawson - 7 - Solid
Vertonghen - 8 - Classy
Rose - 9 - Best game in a Spurs shirt. He was everywhere. Fast, good in possession, great tackles, good crosses
Dembele - 8 - I had been worried about him but today he proved what he can offer
Paulinho - 8 - The guy is everywhere
Eriksen - 9 - MOTM
Sigurdsson - 9 - Brilliant game from Siggy
Townsend - 7 - Wasn't quite his day but still a brilliant performance. Yes he shoots a lot but some of those will go in soon.
Soldado - 7 - Great link up play, 2 brilliant efforts that on another day would have made it 4-0.

LLoris - N/A (Had nothing to do all game)

Walker 7

Dawson 7 - (See Lloris, Played a few nice crossfield balls)

Vertonghen 7

Rose 7.7 - If he can ever learn to get that final ball more consistent we'll have a good one on our hands

Paulinho 7 - Love watching him create little triangles with Townsend and Walker (Eriksen was even getting in on the fun a few times)

Dembele 7

Eriksen 7.77 - Hit a few balls that could've made me swear he's got eyes in the back of his head

Towsend 7 - Shots just didn't fall for him today. Played well

Siggy 7 - Good to get the first one off his feet and in the net, and a good run on the far post to get the tap in for the second.

Soldado 7 - Ran in behind a bit. With Eriksen in the 11 teams will have to honor those runs a bit more

Lloris - 6 - Not much to do, claimed everything he needed to apart from one little punch outside of the box. Another cleansheet.

Walker - 7 - Very good down that right handside, constant threat to Garrido and Redmond just didn't trouble him at all.
Dawson - 7 - Solid, didn't have much to deal with mind you, he's always good to call upon, can't wait to see Kaboul though.
Vertonghen - 7 - Didn't think he was up to his usual standards today but he was still solid.
Rose - 8.5 - What a performance and the kind I remember when he started out for us at left back against Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project.

Townsend - 7 - Caused havoc for Norwich down the flanks, close with a few efforts, a very good player to call upon.
Paulinho - 8 - An unsung hero, dont think he'll get the praise an Eriksen or a Soldado will get but he will deserve it, outstanding.
Dembele - 8 - Best game in a Spurs shirt this season, no surprise that it's because he played deeper. More of the same please Moose!
Sigurdsson - 9 - Man of the match, two great goals in their own right. Superb finish for the first one.
Eriksen - 8 - Very impressed, he has great balance and superb awareness, he is going to be a crucial player for us this year.

Soldado - 7 - Shame not to score a goal, hit the post with a cheeky back heel, his link up play was good today, thought him and Eriksen linked up well.

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6
Rose 7
Townsend 6
Paulinho 6
Dembele 6
Eriksen 7
Sigurðsson 7
Soldado 6

Holtby 6
Sandro 6
Lamela n/a

A comfortable, if unspectacular performance.

Lads, you are being way too harsh! For 70 mins today, we were absolutely terrific, as good as any performance last season.

Lloris -7
Walker - 6 (roaming all over pitch)
Dawson - 7
Vertonghen - 7
Rose - 9
Dembele - 8
Paulinho - 9
Townsend - 7
Eriksen - 9
Sig - 8
Soldado - 7.5

Delighted with that - bodes very well.

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Dawson 7
Vertonghen 7
Rose 8.5
Townsend 7.5
Paulinho 8.5
Dembele 7.5
Eriksen 9
Sigurðsson 9
Soldado 7.5

Holtby 7
Sandro 7
Lamela n/a

we dominated this game, some of the ratings here are a joke

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Dawson 7
Vertonghen 7
Rose 8.5
Townsend 7.5
Paulinho 8.5
Dembele 7.5
Eriksen 9
Sigurðsson 9
Soldado 7.5

Holtby 7
Sandro 7
Lamela n/a

we dominated this game, some of the ratings here are a joke

As is to be expected from these threads. They do show how deluded and impossible to please some are and what preconceived opinions they have of players. Good thing I hardly ever post any ratings... 8-[

Lloris 7 Our best keeper i can remember

Walker 7 looked comfortable
Dawson 7 looked comfortable
Verts 6.8 looked a little off key but fine on the whole
Rose 8 been a critic of his but he was good today, keeps up this level and i will change my mind on him

Townsend 7 to many shots first half and seems a little desperate at times but i absolutely love the fella
Paulinho 8 very good perfromance from him
Dembele 8 I accused him of being like jenas but today he was far better then against arsenal
Siggy 9 lot of time for this fella and glad to see him still in the team he is prem class and showed it today, maybe this will help him settle

Eriksen 8.5 looked absolutely lovely, shame he plays for us because if he played for the arsenal he would probably be higher rated

Soldado 8 lots of good running and classy touches, not in berbatovs class yet but he does look to have a similar touch, i like him.

Holtby 7 hope he gets a run in the team some how because he deserves it the boy has class

Sandro 7 so good to see him back

AVB 8 not always been a fan of how we play but i enjoyed watching today.

Was my first home game of the season and i shall be back up their thursday so i hope we can win again and get another clean sheet.

LLoris - 4 Shaky moments in the air

Walker 6 Frustates me going forward, but getting better. Always available.

Dawson 5 OK

Vertonghen
5 Slip could have been costly. Ok apart from that.

Rose 7 Warrior. Strong, energetic, and very good going forward. Never gives up, cares, and is involved. Makes a change for BAE.

Paulinho 7 Good game, assist.

Dembele 6 Hes not the best passer but beast in the middle of the park.

Eriksen 7 Pulled the strings, lovely to watch, and nice passing. Good signing.

Towsend 6 Yes he wastes, yes he is a bit selfish but hes a nightmare to play against. Always involved, and creates spaces.

Siggy 8 Ran a lot as always, two good finishes. Good game.

Soldado 5 Not easy to rate him, we had the ball in the box a lot today and I expected him to score a few today. Take away the two penalties, and he hasnt impressed so far.

:eek:

I was there but I obviously saw a different match

As is to be expected from these threads. They do show how deluded and impossible to please some are and what preconceived opinions they have of players. Good thing I hardly ever post any ratings... 8-[

This. I think maybe some people were ****ed during the game :lol:

I thought the boys made it look easy today, and nobody deserved a 5

Some may have been a bit parsimonious, although for me, the 8s and 9s are generally (not always) reserved for players putting in exceptional, game-changing individual performances, and I didn't really see that today against what I thought was a rather average Norwich XI. Instead, I thought we saw a good, solid, high-average-level team effort. I'm quite happy with that, though; in many ways, I appreciate a unit working efficiently and unspectacularly together to achieve a result as much as a Balesque, game-changing piece of brilliance.

Some may have been a bit parsimonious, although for me, the 8s and 9s are generally (not always) reserved for players putting in exceptional, game-changing individual performances, and I didn't really see that today against what I thought was a rather average Norwich XI. Instead, I thought we saw a good, solid, high-average-level team effort. I'm quite happy with that, though; in many ways, I appreciate a unit working efficiently and unspectacularly together to achieve a result as much as a Balesque, game-changing piece of brilliance.

Today they were all between 6.5 and 8 probably. People do tend to rate on moments of individual skill or failure and not so much what a player does off the ball and as part of the team.

If I have criticisms, they would be on the lines that we don't seem to want to move the ball forward quickly enough for me; there's too much rolling the ball along the halfway line at the moment. It may come in time, though; I'm very hopeful it will. Dembele and Walker, I think, both tend to dwell on the ball too long, thinking about the pass, but not making it early enough. Several times today, I thought Dembele should have hit Eriksen earlier with a pass that he could have instantly switched on to Soldado in space, and nothing happened. There are also too many speculative shots from distance appearing, when the more patient option looks favourite, and when the main offenders (Townsend and Paulinho spring to mind off the top of my head) haven't really got a powerful enough strike to justify trying it so often. In general, though, I like what I see and I think there's probably lots more to come.

Back