• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Norwich

Lloris 6

Walker 7
Dawson 7
Vertonghen 7
Rose 8.5

Dembele 7.5
Paulinho 7.5

Townsend 6.5
Eriksen 8
Sigurdsson 8.5

Soldado 7

Pretty much sums up why we dominated the game and hence looked so good. But looking at the bigger picture as Mudshark does, how amazing was that performance?

I am by no means convinced that we are ready to go and do the same to the likes of Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project.
Goals remain an issue; wanting to walk the ball into the net. Sig had a great shot well saved granted, but we didn't score from out of the box, didn't score from a set piece. For a team of big guys, we do not score enough from high balls - either because our big guys can't head, or our wide men can't cross. Possibly both.

5-0 was needed as a score line to make this a stunning performance but we did dominate a Premier League opposition. I'd say if we scored the same goals yesterday as we did in Georgia then it would have been a helluva message.

Dominate Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea? Of course not, but we definitely have the players to give them a tough game and actually beat them if we play at our best. The difference in those games might be Soldado taking one or two chances for example. The difference in the NLD last season at home was to bits of opportunistic attacking play coupled with suicidal defending from scum.

I too would have liked a bigger scoreline in the end, then again I'm just happy we won a fixture that we've struggled in for the last two seasons, didn't concede, looked comfortable and could have easily won by more.

As for not scoring enough from high balls, Vertonghen will get his share of goals from set pieces. Ditto Kaboul/Dawson. Paulinho has a reputation for being good in the air so I expect him to chip in with a few headed goals.

Lloris had 3 things to do all game, and did all 3 wrong. So why shouldnt he get a bad mark?

We beat norwich at home 2-0 and thats it, our players get 9's as if we were on top of the world.

And in my book 5 isnt a bad rating. Its right in the middle.

Some of you guys give players 8 after two good passes vs Norwich. Come on...

What were the 3 things?

I'll make a guess:

1. Getting booked for handball but the ball wasn't outside the area so the ref got that wrong.

2. The cross he fumbled, fair enough he should have had that for breakfast

3. I'm struggling mate

What were the 3 things?

I'll make a guess:

1. Getting booked for handball but the ball wasn't outside the area so the ref got that wrong.

2. The cross he fumbled, fair enough he should have had that for breakfast

3. I'm struggling mate

Can't think of three, but number 1 was definitely handball.

So Lloris gets a 4 but has a clean sheet :-k

Lloris was lucky not to have got sent off and came for balls he should have left. Verts blatantly tugged a Norwich jersey in the box and dived more than once and nearly gave away a goal (Rose baled him out)
Walker had me screaming more than once for thudding passes directly to Norwich. Rose has to watch his temper and concentration at the end but a great game from him and a superb team performance.
Michael's close and long range passing was flawless. Woy was there..he must be worth an England call up. When Townsend clicks he could turn into Mini Me Gareth. Dembele good, Eriksen superb, Siggy will get double figures goals this season Lamela looks the part, Soldado...we are the best team in the EPL!!

Why should it have been a red? It's debatable whether it's even outside the area, I've just frozen it on MOTD and it's very close, the angle isn't quite in line though so I'm not sure, either way we had two defenders behind him anyway. Just because he's a keeper and has handballed it doesn't mean it's a red, it's the same rule for keepers and outfield players.

Why should it have been a red? It's debatable whether it's even outside the area, I've just frozen it on MOTD and it's very close, the angle isn't quite in line though so I'm not sure, either way we had two defenders behind him anyway. Just because he's a keeper and has handballed it doesn't mean it's a red, it's the same rule for keepers and outfield players.
I remember a young goalie making his debut handling outside the area and getting sent off. Never heard of him before or after.

It was definitely handball. I was worried about Lloris after his France blunders and I hope he has got all that out of his system.

He was not good yesterday.

I think MOTD put it correctly. He handled outside the box but it wasn't a "clear" goalscoring oppertunity. We had about 3 men behind him at the time who all could have cleared it. Therefore it isn't a red.

I remember a young goalie making his debut handling outside the area and getting sent off. Never heard of him before or after.

It was definitely handball. I was worried about Lloris after his France blunders and I hope he has got all that out of his system.

He was not good yesterday.

It was the Norwich keeper last season but it was about 15 yards outside the area and had he not handballed it then Sunderland would've tapped it into an empty net, not exactly comparable to yesterday.

No, there was a young goalie a few years ago who had a brain fart and handled just outside his area. Anyone else remember? I googled it but can't find.

No, there was a young goalie a few years ago who had a brain fart and handled just outside his area. Anyone else remember? I googled it but can't find.

Newcastles keeper done it last year, can't remember his name, might have been Elliott

Massive difference between Lloris yesterday and the Norwich one last year. Not only the defenders getting back but Lloris jumps from well inside the area to punch it and was borderline outside due to momentum/poorly judged timing. Norwich keeper took 3 or four paces beyond his box. To me his is a professional foul whether defenders are back or not.

It was a young goalie on his debut. It might have been The Football League Show I saw it on. It's driving me mad now.

Massive difference between Lloris yesterday and the Norwich one last year. Not only the defenders getting back but Lloris jumps from well inside the area to punch it and was borderline outside due to momentum/poorly judged timing. Norwich keeper took 3 or four paces beyond his box. To me his is a professional foul whether defenders are back or not.

Professional foul is not the issue here.
A professional foul is when a player deliberately scythes down another.
Most commonly recognised though when a player is through on goal, and the defender brings the attacker down. Classis example: an gooner scumbag on Paul Allen in the 1980 cup final.
The attacker would have had at most one defending player between him and the goal, and that's normally the keeper.

Rightfully, law came in (eventually) to punish this with a straight red. But if a player deliberately trips another elsewhere on the pitch, its a yellow (unless its particularly dangerous).

A few years later, the law was extended to cover deliberate handball, in the same way. Normally if a player handles the ball on the line. Then, as incidents happened, goalkeepers got brought into it.

It's all about a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Mumorn is spot on.

It was a young goalie on his debut. It might have been The Football League Show I saw it on. It's driving me mad now.

Iain Turner?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iain_Turner

Turner found national fame when he was sent off after only nine minutes during his Premier League debut for the Toffees against Blackburn Rovers, after picking up a header from one of his own defenders, Alan Stubbs, outside the penalty area.[6]

Back