• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rating v Man C

Sig has scored as many goals as Dempsey this season with less playing time. And even if that one pass against Reading was the only one he has done (there have been more but I can't remember any specific examples), it's still one more chance created by Sig than Dempsey since they joined us.

I was talking about PL goals. Sig scored against extremely inferior opponents.

I am not a fan of both and have stated my thoughts at the time of signing both (although I saw alittle merit in signing Dempsey but not much) so its a lesser of the two evils so to speak. No doubt next week Sig may start and not Dempsey - I dont even think AVB knows which player he prefers and is still testing both out as im sure he is coming to the same conclusion as some of us on here...

Brad - 5 - poor distribution, thought he could have done more with the 1st. Llrois MUST start against Arse.

Walker - 5 - poor
Gallas - 4 - atrocious clogger-like, display. One too many this season
Verts - 5.5 - completely left Dzeko unmarked for the goal even though he was running with him all-along
Caulker - 6 - good header

Lennon - 5 - no impact
Sandro - 7 - never stopped running
Hudd - atrocious, half-arsed, pedestrian display
Bale - 6 - tried
Dempsey - 4 - atrocious display

Ade - 6 - needs to play regularly, worked hard

Defoe - 5 - no impact

Last edited:
Brad - 5 - poor distribution, thought he could have done more with the 1st. Llrois MUST start against Arse.

Walker - 5 - poor
Gallas - 4 - atrocious clogger-like, display. One too many this season
Verts - 5.5 - completely left Dzeko for the goal even though he was running with him all-along
Caulker - 6 - good header

Lennon - 5 - no impact
Sandro - 7 - never stopped running
Hudd - atrocious, half-arsed, pedestrian display
Bale - 6 - tried
Dempsey - 4 - atrocious display

Ade - 6 - needs to play regularly, worked hard

Defoe - 5 - no impact
If and when Lloris eventually gets his chance he better not fudge-up like he has done recently or you'll be TOAST my friend! :-"

My friend - I want our long term keeper to establish himself in that position and be assured of his chances - none of this uncertain, under-pressure flimflam which helps neither of them. Not to mention the apparent quality. Who do you think we'll be around longer - 25 year old Lloris or 41 year old Brad?

He kept a clean sheet in his only PL game to date. His only high-profile (partial) mistake to date against the mighty Maribor will not doubt be remembered for life and awlays referenced in pro-Brad reacharound debates.

fudge loyalty, we've found a shiny new toy.

Lets play with that instead.

I'd agree with you if Lloris had been playing better then Brad. The real issue is that he hasn't shown it thus far. He's made several mistakes in his supposedly easier europa league appearances, though only one of them has led to a goal.

Shiny new toy? Is this the level of debate?

Wih respect, buddy - but we have bought a superior unit for a specific position - this is modern football, a performance driven business with no place for sentiment. If Falcao arrived in January - are we going to keep him on the bench for Defoe?

Are you willing to risk losing him so Brad can have a few more games before he draws his pension?

What several mistakes has he made in the EL by the way - could outline those, please.

Wih respect, buddy - but we have bought a superior unit for a specific position - this is modern football, a performance driven business with no place for sentiment. If Falcao arrived in January - are we going to keep him on the bench for Defoe?

Are you willing to risk losing him so Brad can have a few more games before he draws his pension?

What several mistakes has he made in the EL by the way - could outline those, please.

With respect buddy, that superior unit is currently failing to show that he is superior.

If we played Falcao and he didn't perform, then yes we would play Defoe, or more likely Adebayor.

If he's that petty that he decides to leave after half a season full in the knowledge that his competition is going to leave us at the end of the season then yes, i would not care if he left.

Yes if Defoe is playing well enough to merit his place in the team.

I don't want to steer the ratings topic further O/T - have made my views clear on this debate in the Lloris thread - we can move it there if you wish.

Last note would be - competition with your keepers and constant chopping and changing does not work and has never worked - that is a position you need continuity and understanding amongst your back 5. Brad is done (with us, at least - he can still offer quite a bit elsewhere if he's willing to drop to bottom 10 PL teams) - it is absolutely pointless and worthless delaying the inevitable.

I don't want to steer the ratings topic further O/T - have made my views clear on this debate in the Lloris thread - we can move it there if you wish.

Last note would be - competition with your keepers and constant chopping and changing does not work and has never worked - that is a position you need continuity and understanding amongst your back 5. Brad is done (with us, at least - he can still offer quite a bit elsewhere if he's willing to drop to bottom 10 PL teams) - it is absolutely pointless and worthless delaying the inevitable.

Sir Alex obviously disagrees with you on that last note.

In matters of football i'd be far more likely to pay attention to him then you.

De Gea has started the last 10-odd games (statistically he's been one the PL's best this season)

He stuck with him even during times of utter shockers (when the supremacist media was calling for blood, much like they do with most high-profile foreign signings) because he's the future and pulled off some great saves showing enough glimpse of his true quality.

Last edited:
Freidel 6
Walker 6 One of his better games. a tackle inside the box in the first half, was the best thing he has done all season.
Gallas 4 Time to go!
Caulker 4 Not very mobile.
Vert 5 Has gone off the boil, since he went to leftback.
Lennon 4 Worst game so far.
Hudd 5 Gave the ball away too cheaply.
Sandro 6 See above.
Bale 5 One decent effort on goal.
Ade 5 Seemed more intent on winning a personal battle with former team mates, than in doing amything constructive with his excellent hold up play.

Defoe 5 No time to make an impact.
Dawson Ditto
Naughton Ditto.

Freidel 6
Walker 6 One of his better games. a tackle inside the box in the first half, was the best thing he has done all season.
Gallas 4 Time to go!
Caulker 4 Not very mobile.
Vert 5 Has gone off the boil, since he went to leftback.
Lennon 4 Worst game so far.
Hudd 5 Gave the all away too cheaply.
Sandro 6 See above.
Bale 5 One decent effort on goal.
Ade 5 Seemed more intent on winning a personal battle with former team mates, than in doing amything constructive with his excellent hold up play.

Defoe 5 No time to make an impact.
Dawson Ditto
Naughton Ditto.

Not sure if Dempsey missing is joke or not.

:-k

fudge loyalty, we've found a shiny new toy.
Lets play with that instead.

Do you not think it's kind of sick that we've spent £10m on a goalkeeper to sit on the bench? We're hardly flush.

What exactly is the plan behind starting Friedel? You keep playing him, you keep Lloris on the bench up until he's decided he's had enough and wants out, where do we go then? Sell him and do the same thing next summer? The entire situation is a mess.

Do you not think it's kind of sick that we've spent £10m on a goalkeeper to sit on the bench? We're hardly flush.

What exactly is the plan behind starting Friedel? You keep playing him, you keep Lloris on the bench up until he's decided he's had enough and wants out, where do we go then? Sell him and do the same thing next summer? The entire situation is a mess.

Is it a mess granted. However the blame for the mess lies at Levy's door imo. If Lloris was here during pre-season then none of this mess occurs.

AVB is just waiting for Lloris to prove that he deserves that number one spot, probably even praying for it so that it looks like if you play well you get the first team spot.

Is it a mess granted. However the blame for the mess lies at Levy's door imo. If Lloris was here during pre-season then none of this mess occurs.

AVB is just waiting for Lloris to prove that he deserves that number one spot, probably even praying for it so that it looks like if you play well you get the first team spot.

Not in the slightest. It's actually very simple - play Lloris, Brad 2nd or sold in Jan.

Defoe looks at his sharpest and scores a hatrick on Thurs but is dropped on Sunday in favour of Dempsey, who's yet to have one good game this season.

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

WHY?

You couldn't make it up.

All right Alan Brazil.

it's pretty obvious - we thought we'd be under the cosh so we needed someone who can hold the ball up, bring others into play and be the target for an out ball.

because JD scored a hat trick against Maribor at home doesn't necessarily mean he's the right fit for City away.

Because, as everyone knows, what we should have done is gone 4-4-2 with Ade and Saha up front and Kranjcar on the wings. That worked wonders last time against Arsenal, didn't it?

Perhaps a 4-4-1-1? Only who would play the attacking midfielder is utterly beyond me, as our only options are both brick.

If we had Rafa, if we had Modric, if we had Kaboul or Parker or BAE or Dembele, then we could switch formations at will to a style that more suits your liking.

Until then, we make do with what we have. And what we have isn't much at all.

I'm limited in what I want from AVB; I want him to relieve the pressure we inevitably get put under during the end of games by using his subs more effectively. that's it. I don't expect miracles, and I don't want to second-guess a man who's squad is the weakest we've had for years.

Just saw this, agree entirely

All right Alan Brazil.

it's pretty obvious - we thought we'd be under the cosh so we needed someone who can hold the ball up, bring others into play and be the target for an out ball.

because JD scored a hat trick against Maribor at home doesn't necessarily mean he's the right fit for City away.
Obvious? You have to be joking. Dempsey has so far failed miserably game after game to do the holding job, whereas we all know Ade does it exceptionally well. No, the OBVIOUS answer was to play Defoe up top and give Ade the Dempsey role.

Back