• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pushing Up The Daisies - 2023

Barry Humphries: Dame Edna Everage comedian dies at 89
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65328507

Loved Dame Edna but absolutely loathed his Sir Les Patterson incarnation, made me cringe and shirk away from watching him. Which I now think is actually a compliment to Barry Humphries as to how well he played the character Now I am re-watching old clips, of both Sir Les and Dame Edna, and both were brilliant.
A great comic. RIP.

Some great clips out there if you're on twitter, and no doubt other social media.

Hannah Gadsby a very unfunny Australian Bull D*ke 'comedian' described Humphries as a "dingdong biscuit." I don't know, but at least he made me laugh. 'They' never have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read Wee Willie Harris has past away, one of Britain's first rock n' roll stars, when my missus was a kid she use to live next door to his aunt and saw him often as he worked in Peak Freans factory.

Such sad news.

The Smiths were my band. I was lucky enough to see them live three times, all in Belfast; the first one, strangely enough, on 17th May 1984 at The Ulster Hall, almost 39 years to the day. I was 14 - it’s still the best live concert I’ve ever been to. Nothing has ever come close.

Andy bass lines were so important to The Smiths sound, and he was such an unassuming bloke. One cool fudger too.

I love The Smiths. Musically they were so good, but because of some divisive lyrics, some daft song titles and Morrissey generally being a knob i think they were underrated. People just read / heard about Morrissey and didn't give them a listen. Marr and Rourke in particular were incredible...as has been evidenced since.

Similar to The Blockheads who I also loved. Again, musically sublime but the lyrics and song titles meant lots of people didn't listen or give them a chance.

Up there with Frank Sinatra as the drunks Karaoke favourite. I just want to thrush the mike straight up the singers arse when they start singing "My Way"

Back