• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pushing Up The Daisies - 2023

RIP Motty

61-9Rtj8pKL._AC_UX679_.jpg

:( That's very sad, not hugely old either. An icon of the game, and wasn't he Spurs on the qt? RIP Motty.

Tom Sizemore. I didn't know anything about his private life.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64721187

Troubled character, but a brilliant actor in some memorable films: Saving Private Ryan, Heat, Black Hawk Down, etc.

Does that BBC article really need to be a 1000 word description listing out all the crimes and bad brick he did in his life!? Seems a bit weird. Surely it would have been better to just post 20 words and say the star of x,y and z died in hospital etc.
Or is it just me? (I'm not normally one to give a brick but it just felt funny how much detail it goes into)

Does that BBC article really need to be a 1000 word description listing out all the crimes and bad brick he did in his life!? Seems a bit weird. Surely it would have been better to just post 20 words and say the star of x,y and z died in hospital etc.
Or is it just me? (I'm not normally one to give a brick but it just felt funny how much detail it goes into)
I thought it was good to get that balance.
I don't like it when someone dies and we only list their good points and whitewash over their bad points.
I didn't know he was in that many good films, nor how money and drugs had affected him negatively to the point he was arrested for assaulting his wife and then jailed for beating his girlfriend.
I didn't know that stuff, and it is important to know the full story.

I thought it was good to get that balance.
I don't like it when someone dies and we only list their good points and whitewash over their bad points.
I didn't know he was in that many good films, nor how money and drugs had affected him negatively to the point he was arrested for assaulting his wife and then jailed for beating his girlfriend.
I didn't know that stuff, and it is important to know the full story.

I remember some glowing ones coming out for Phil Spector, before there was a bit of a backlash and they got amended. It was a bit weird.

I remember some glowing ones coming out for Phil Spector, before there was a bit of a backlash and they got amended. It was a bit weird.

Phil Spector is a fascinating component of the separating art from the artist discussion. Involved in so much quality work so to discount him discounts the work of so many other people, doesn't seem fair to the folks who haven't murdered people etc

And whole "don't speak ill of the dead" vibe is nonsense. Anyone who is living will inevitably be dead, whenever that transition occurs doesn't change the actions of that person.

Back