• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

I just can't see Arsenal winning all 3 games, Chelsea winning all 4.

Then again, I can't see us winning all 4, or even 3 to be honest with you. If we win 3 and draw with Chelsea, I have no doubt we will finish in the top 4.

Then again, I can't see us winning all 4, or even 3 to be honest with you. If we win 3 and draw with Chelsea, I have no doubt we will finish in the top 4.[/QUOTE]

For me any combination of 3 wins and a draw will see us finish in the Top 4, and if one of those 3 wins is at Chelsea I think it would mean a 3rd place finish, but...first things first, Southampton at home Saturday, lets get 3pts in the bag and then become QPR fans for a few hours

Then again, I can't see us winning all 4, or even 3 to be honest with you. If we win 3 and draw with Chelsea, I have no doubt we will finish in the top 4.

I think Chelsea will get 3rd. I could see us playing well and getting something at Chelsea but drop points at Stoke and this Saturday. Then we beat Sunderland when it's too late.

We'll qualify for CL with Bale carrying the team over finish line in 4th. It's been Bale's season up to now and that's how it will end.

I kind of think we've fudged it to be honest. To get 4th we need to beat Chelsea at their place. Which I think we are capable of doing but it's only at best a 50/50 shot and more likely to go 60/40 in their favour. If we lose that game, we are 6 points behind them and can't make up that goal difference.

If we draw, and Man United can do us a favour and win we still need them to drop points at Villa or Everton and win our other 3 games. Which again we can do but it's not going to be a walk in the park.

If we lose against Chelsea, we can still catch Arsenal but we need to win the other 3 games and hope they lose against Wigan, QPR or Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Again, it can happen but it probably won't. If we draw at Chelsea, a draw in one of Arsenal's games and us winning the others would see us through.

Hmm.....I just can't see it to be honest. Not because I don't back our players. We have good quality, good spirit and a good manager. I've been optimistic for a lot of the season but I think the fact that this was transitional and the squad took a while to work well with AVB's methods means we probably just left ourselves too much to do this season. Next one it will be a lot closer, regardless of who Chelsea or Arsenal buy because we will have a good squad too, and a full season of players being ingrained into the AVB methods.

But the odds aren't in our favour and we are relying on getting a bit of luck from somewhere, as well as banking on doing our jobs and having no more brick against us. It would be a fantastic story for AVB's first season to see Chelsea out of the CL but it probably isn't going to happen.

Spurs and Chelsea will make it, Arsenal will lose out because Wigan and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will take points from them. See you on the other side.

Chelski away is 75/25 in their favour if we're being honest.

I wouldn't say that, it will have a cup final feel and they will come at us. We will have space for Bale and Lennon to operate in and they will hopefully and finally show signs of fatigue. I think we can play really well, but at the end of the day there's every chance one of the chances they create trickles in while all of ours miss.

But either way, it's been a productive season and gives us a good base for the future.

I wouldn't say that, it will have a cup final feel and they will come at us. We will have space for Bale and Lennon to operate in and they will hopefully and finally show signs of fatigue. I think we can play really well, but at the end of the day there's every chance one of the chances they create trickles in while all of ours miss.

But either way, it's been a productive season and gives us a good base for the future.

As long its not a semi-final feel.....

It's been building up to it for weeks. Weds 8th May 2013, its Weds 5th May 2010 all over again

Arsenal play United in their first game after winning the title.

They play QPR in their first game after being relegated.

Not only do they face Wigan only a few days after they've played a cup final, but they'll probably be relegated by then.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, at least the play them away, but beyond that...

Didn't realise the Wigan game is after the cup final, typical. Offside goals, non-penalties, lifelong goonger Ginger Sidwell couldn't get off the pitch quick enough, West Brom deciding not to play their best player. Argh.

Our best hope is Chelsea at the moment. They've got 4 games in the next 10 days. There has to be a couple of slip ups in there somewhere.

Thursday: Basel (H)
Sunday: Man Utd (A)
Wednesday: Tottenham (H)
Saturday Aston Villa (A)

Arsenal play United in their first game after winning the title.

They play QPR in their first game after being relegated.

Not only do they face Wigan only a few days after they've played a cup final, but they'll probably be relegated by then.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, at least the play them away, but beyond that...

Knowing Spurs luck it wont, but it could work the other way around.

As it was United got the draw in the end, decent outcome for us, okay could have been better
QPR now officially relegated, pressure off, could just go out and start playing for contracts, you never know.
Wigan will still be needing vital points.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine is still too many results away, but if results keep going the right way they may well still need a point on the last day to guarantee safety

Our best hope is Chelsea at the moment. They've got 4 games in the next 10 days. There has to be a couple of slip ups in there somewhere.

Thursday: Basel (H)
Sunday: Man Utd (A)
Wednesday: Tottenham (H)
Saturday Aston Villa (A)

I have been impressed with the fact they are still churning out results despite playing weekend-midweek-weekend for the last month, but surely they have to start feeling it sometime.
Thats a tough little run, throw in a likely CUp final as well and its 5 in 18 days, really hope (if it doesnt cost us a Euro-slot) that Everton can take advantage on the last day too

Chelsea have the best squad of the 3 teams, that's why I think they will make it, not because of the fixtures.

The funny thing is, even if we beat Chelsea, I still wouldn't be confident of beating the other two teams after. That win against Emirates Marketing Project should have given us a massive boost, but then we go and stink the place out at Wigan.

Frankly if Chelsea win the games to get to 4th they will have deserved it. Their schedule and the tougher run in. Not that there is any glory in it, because the money they can pay in transfer fees, agent money and wages means they should not be scraping to get in the CL at all. But at the end of the day we haven't quite amassed the points where we can get far enough ahead.

I can accept the West Brom and Norwich games at the start of the season. I can even accept the Wigan game at home because we may have not yet fully gelled at that point. But the Liverpool and Fulham games in this run were killer I feel. Utter stupidity against Liverpool and we just couldn't get going against Fulham. We could have had it so much better.

Ahh well, every team has their slip ups every season. If we don't quite make it we can only blame ourselves.

Chelsea are underperforming considering the array of talent they have at their disposal. By rights they should have been competing with the Mancs for the title but their insistence on playing Torres has them where they are now. It's hard to play without a functioning strike force, as we know all too well.

We are either good enough or not. Don't panic. We will beat Chelsea. We have been playing against good sides recently. We have not been losing.
Wigan was a great point.
fudging Ryan Giggs.

Back