• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

could be, but you are in it then, so it's job done

Not really, you'd still want get there the following season. Realistically we aren't going to win the CL at any point in the next decade, but the extra income and publicity is nice to have while we try to get the stadium sorted and maybe attract one or two top quality players.

true, its easier to stay in than get into it though

I think with the right personnel decisions and consistent qualification we could win it though at some point in the not too distant future, Chelsea would have said the same 10 years ago

The difference between CL and EL is the money and all the hype, but I'd take European football over nothing every time. Just think back to the late 90s/early 00s on what it's like it not to have it.

And a big gulf in quality between the teams in the CL compared to the Europa. The group stages of the Europa are painfully dull.

Wouldn't there be the same correlation between Wednesday - Saturday or Saturday - Tuesday for the team in the CL?

For me, the one big disadvantage is having to play on Sunday whilst your rivals have already played. I know what you'll say, it's only a disadvantage if your rivals win, but more often than not, the teams in and around the top 4 win more than they lose.

there is certainly a correlation between thursday night games and generally considered dropped points on the following weekend, when you look at the difference a couple more points would make it's tempting to say to hell with europa

So how do you explian this weekend's dropped points? Also, how do you explain the lethargy levels many have mentioned?

And a big gulf in quality between the teams in the CL compared to the Europa. The group stages of the Europa are painfully dull.

Just like the CL group stages then. There's only a couple of groups that have more than 2 interesting teams in team, some have only one. You even have the big teams playing B-sides in the CL because their opponents in the group stage are so poor.

After the weekend, we play 2 games before Arsenal play there next league game, which is vital really. Could really put pressure on them against Wigan, especially when Wigan MIGHT need a win to help there hopes going into the Villa game.

What's sad is that before last seasons fudgery where if it wasn't for Foy we would have won, we usually had quite a decent record away at Stoke. I remember beating them the year before with Bale scoring a cracking volley. I remember the year before that when Gudjohnsen and Kranjcar both scored too. They aren't the best team but they are physical, they almost kicked us off the park at WHL earlier in the season, lets do it to them.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zachslaton/2013/04/29/forecasting-champions-league-qualification-in-the-epl/

"This weekend’s action means that Chelsea look to be an even bigger lock for Champion’s League play next season. Their increase came at the expense of Arsenal and Tottenham, with a the odds of a coin flip currently determining which of the two North London rivals will finish in fourth and the play-in position for next year’s Champions League group play round."

If we continued this pattern of draw win draw then we would finish on 70

With Arsenal's run in it's unlikely they will drop points as they seem to have gotten the rub of the green in their last 3 games (as always). Which would have course see them finish on 74. Even if they drop points on one of QPR (A), Wigan (H) or Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) that would see them finish on 71 or 70 which means we need to win atleast 3 of the next 4 and get a minimum of 1pt at Chelsea (72pts) and still hope Arsenal drop pts... Its a big ask.

Chelsea have the toughest run in but again, we all know how jammy thry can be from last season. Plus they are sitting 3pts clear of us with over double our GD. So they would need to lose to United and Everton and a draw with us (69pts) if we hope to qualify at their expense.

Im not pessimistic but realistic.... I cant see either scenarios happening. All we can hope for is to get max pts now and that is a tall order in itself!

We will be looking back on that Wigan game the same way we look back at that Villa game from last year, once again thinking "if only".

Last edited:
Just like the CL group stages then. There's only a couple of groups that have more than 2 interesting teams in team, some have only one. You even have the big teams playing B-sides in the CL because their opponents in the group stage are so poor.

Er not really. Take it you didn't see any group games from the Real Madrid and Dortmund group? Some excellent games in there. Chelsea's games against Shakhtar and Juve at home were good games.

Even the Spurs group games were appalling!

Really don't see how you can think the Europa is on a par with the CL. How many teams in the top 10 in European football would you say we're in the Europa at the beginning of the competition? No more than 1 or 2 I reckon.

If we can draw with Chelsea then hopefully we can go into the last game forcing Arsenal to have to win at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I can't seebthem dropping points in the other two games.

Back