• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poor league results

A lot of whining pelicans out there at the moment. Seeing it on twitter all the time.........be great if half those moaning don't bother coming back to Wembley/WHL and stop taking up away allocations. The amount of ott sulking I saw on Saturday was a disgrace. Grown men......tantrums. Get a fudging grip.
I didn't think it was too bad at Saturday's game. Pretty united in the abuse of Atkinson (and Dele not shifting his arse of the pitch when subbed :)) and although the 3pts eluded us, most thought a point with only having 10 men was decent.

A lot of whining pelicans out there at the moment. Seeing it on twitter all the time.........be great if half those moaning don't bother coming back to Wembley/WHL and stop taking up away allocations. The amount of ott sulking I saw on Saturday was a disgrace. Grown men......tantrums. Get a fudging grip.

Our away support this season has been great though, thankfully. Let's hope we keep that up.

Actually most of the fans around me at the games are ok and our away support is first class, it mostly those armchair supporters and those on teletext and social media who are the moaning minnies.

The media have had a field day with us today.

Lots of texts received from Gooner supporting acquaintances.

Even heard two blokes discussing us in the supermarket this afternoon: “Their legs are gone and their heads are gone.”

All going to be sorry when we clock up 15 straight league wins, starting with Stoke.

The media have had a field day with us today.

Lots of texts received from Gooner supporting acquaintances.

Even heard two blokes discussing us in the supermarket this afternoon: “Their legs are gone and their heads are gone.”

All going to be sorry when we clock up 15 straight league wins, starting with Stoke.
Gooners I know are showing themselves to be so small-time this past month. More small-time than they ever were. I hate them with a passion.

That's where you're wrong, Glen. I am just being realist. How many hiring and firing have ENIC made during their tenure at the club? They are not famous for their patience with managers.

Sorry, you are not being a realist, you are being a reactionist (and a knee-jerk one at that).

There is absolutely NOTHING to imply that ENIC/Levy is unhappy with Poch. In fact everything points to a very good relationship and an agreed progression plan plotted out for the next few years (which we have actually been ahead of in the past two seasons).

There is a difference between people coming on here venting their frustration with the our recent poor form and putting actual pressure on the board to sack the manager.

Technically yes. But IF you choose the internet to vent your frustrations, and if you only venture onto the internet to vent frustrations, you become part of the keyboard world which ends up perpetuating negativity and manifests itself as 'pressure'. Our recent 'poor form' has amounted to four games (between which was a corker in the CL). And injuries. And some strange stuff for sure. But frankly, I think people 'venting their frustrations' need to grow a pair. And fast. Because what happens when expectations have been raised significantly over a three year period is that when we aren't thrashing the pants off everyone, when we run into a bit of stumblage, the 'frustrated' rise in their frustrated frustrations and start to drum up a wall of whinge...which gets grabbed by some lay sod at some internet company...which gets parlayed into a rumor...which gets adopted as 'fact' by some thick clams...which suddenly births the word 'crisis'...and then there's pressure.

No-one's saying clap and be happy, but it would be fantastic if some people could learn to be a bit more articulate and aware of context/present context to their observations at these times...

Actually most of the fans around me at the games are ok and our away support is first class, it mostly those armchair supporters and those on tacoter and social media who are the moaning minnies.

Agreed. Made it over for a few games already and the support has generally been first-class. Over again in Feb and looking forward to it as I always do (love away days, always have, always will)...

There is a difference between people coming on here venting their frustration with the our recent poor form and putting actual pressure on the board to sack the manager.
Going by your posts are you even a Spurs fan? You seem to have nothing positi
Technically yes. But IF you choose the internet to vent your frustrations, and if you only venture onto the internet to vent frustrations, you become part of the keyboard world which ends up perpetuating negativity and manifests itself as 'pressure'. Our recent 'poor form' has amounted to four games (between which was a corker in the CL). And injuries. And some strange stuff for sure. But frankly, I think people 'venting their frustrations' need to grow a pair. And fast. Because what happens when expectations have been raised significantly over a three year period is that when we aren't thrashing the pants off everyone, when we run into a bit of stumblage, the 'frustrated' rise in their frustrated frustrations and start to drum up a wall of whinge...which gets grabbed by some lay sod at some internet company...which gets parlayed into a rumor...which gets adopted as 'fact' by some thick clams...which suddenly births the word 'crisis'...and then there's pressure.

No-one's saying clap and be happy, but it would be fantastic if some people could learn to be a bit more articulate and aware of context/present context to their observations at these times...
I recall @The Portugeezer was singularly a champion of AVB and Sherwood and has been anti-Poch from the get-go. Not one of his posts about Poch has ever been positive, not one!

Total silence when we were thrashing teams, it seems the only time he ever has a comment to make about Poch is when we lose a couple, which is when he jumps on here to tell us all he won't last much longer.

He was doing that in Poch's first season and now he's back doing it again.

Some of our fans are SUCH charmers!

Some perspective -

I think our smaller squad (not in terms of numbers but in terms of quality) is coming back to bite us in the ass a bit.

Said on TalkSport yesterday but when our front three are not firing (Kane, Ali and Eriksen) then the whole team suffers. All three are having a blip.

Teams like city can leave aguero/jesus on the bench, we just don't have that option. Our first 11 is one of the best in the country.

Nothing to do with Poch - just limited options.

Hopefully this is the point that we have our midseason wobble; rest our players for Apoel - smash stoke and lets get back into it. The teams above us will slip up too - remember liverpool last year how they had some awful results but found form to qualify for champions league. All we need this year is top 4 and then new stadium next year and we can compete again.

Think I heard on the radio that we are passing it sideways or backwards the second most in the league. (Which they were also saying is a massive change for us).

I do actually notice this myself. It feels like a confidence thing. We go all safe. It also slows our flow down.

I think we've been knocking it down the touchline a fair bit but the passes in the central area (the effective ones) have dried up. The between the lines passes ( like City are good at) and touches/lay offs/give and goes...are just non existent. Often we are playing the short forward pass but the recipient just lays it straight back.

Lamela to Kane at Leicester is exactly what we are missing.

I think most people are frustrated because they know the majority of our players won't stick around without champions league football. The likes of Kane and Toby are too good to not be playing at that level. Thats the worrying thing for me anyway

I think most people are frustrated because they know the majority of our players won't stick around without champions league football. The likes of Kane and Toby are too good to not be playing at that level. Thats the worrying thing for me anyway

This 100% - we have been the victim of this so often (modric, bale etc....) . We need champions league to keep this team together - or to start paying more!!!

This 400% - we have been the victim of this so often (modric, bale etc....) . We need champions league to keep this team together - or to start paying more!!!

and then its back to square one again if this happens. Sell best players, poch gets sacked and we start again!

I think we can keep the majority for one more season even if we aren't in the champions league. im hoping the new stadium will be a reason to stay

This 400% - we have been the victim of this so often (modric, bale etc....) . We need champions league to keep this team together - or to start paying more!!!
We all know Levy just ain't gonna do that. Not to the tune of double their wages anyway.

So if we fail to qualify for the CL and some players decide to leave, Daniel's attitude will be 'So be it.' He will believe he can pick up good replacements relatively cheaply and start again. After all, until Poch's arrival that is what he'd been doing for the previous decade or more. And now that we have a stadium to pay for, one with ballooning costs to boot (don't tell me Brexit has made no difference) it's not going to get any easier despite the increased turnover.

We need to qualify for the CL next season, plain and simple. Otherwise it's back to square one.

and then its back to square one again if this happens. Sell best players, poch gets sacked and we start again!

I think we can keep the majority for one more season even if we aren't in the champions league. im hoping the new stadium will be a reason to stay
Oops! Should have paged down and read this /\ /\ before posting much the same. :rolleyes:

This heres the point for me. And perhaps it will kick in once the CL goes away for a while. BUT, while I dont claim we are playing brilliantly at all, I dont think we are actually playing that bad either.

Its all in fine margins. Players just slightly out of gear/off the pace. A little luck just not running for us. Injuries working against us. Lots of little things that add up to continued underwhelming performances.

However, I also feel like once it 'clicks' we are more than capable of hitting a long winning streak and putting in some great showing.

Maybe itll be the return of Lamela that acts as catalyst? Maybe Alli will get over his funk and start being a bit special again? I really feel it wont take much to swing things back into the positive.

We really arent that far off from it.

Back