• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: last 4 games: Defoe or Adebayor? Or both?

For the last 4 games who should start in our attack?

• Defoe (1 up)

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Adebayor (1 up)

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Both Defoe and Adebayor

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Ekotto is an average player but always recognise his good games and would definitely have him ahead of right-footed Naughton for the rest of the season

Whereas the anti-Defoe crowd will NEVER accept this man in our team.

I regard Friedel as inferior to Lloris - not sure that was ever an argument really?

But everyone is listing why they don't want Defoe in the side. Just as you guys do with Ade. It's not an underhanded agenda just an opinion.

Like everyone always says something positive about Ade?

He's in poor form and low on confidence - that is descriptive. The rest of his game is a resultant of that, imv

vs.

Blasting into row z, losing the ball, invisible, selfish, dumb, etc. - those are attributes

We need his goals though.

Bale's whole emergence over the winter (remember he didn't start the season especially well) co-incided with Defoe getting injured and Ade coming in.

Ade just keeps possession in our opponents half (in contrast to Defoe who gives it away 9 times out of 10) and feeds it back into that area that Bale occupies. He also pulls wide to create that space for Bale to come into the middle.

Complete and utter fallacy. Nothing do to with Ade in the slightest. Look back at the majority of Bale's goals, they come from the centre, you will actually see Adebayor AND Defoe playing in the centre. I seem to remember Bale picking up the ball on the halfway line at Old Trafford and Defoe making a run that took a defender out of the game whilst Bale roasted Ferdinand and scored.

I'm amazed nobody has given credit to Adebayor for Bale's rapid improvement when it comes to scoring free kicks. It's all Ade's movement that is fooling the keeper :-k

He's in poor form and low on confidence - that is descriptive. The rest of his game is a resultant of that, imv

vs.

Blasting into row z, losing the ball, invisible, selfish, dumb, etc. - those are attributes

:lol:

Go read the Adebayor thread again.

Your agenda is painfully obvious though, be in disagreement with someone, then continue twisting the arguments until the other party gives up.

I'm going to give up right now as debating anything with you is pointless.

Am I not allowed to disagree with that?

You can disagree with anything you want but you jump on people and tell everyone they have an agenda or they are so and so apologists for taking the opposing view. It's a difference of opinion and not nearly as sinister as you think.

If we're being honest they're both rather average with glaring limitations. One of them can't finish for brick and the other is guilty of having the poorest decision making skills known to mankind.

I think Bale would offer more than both but sadly we can't move him from his current position. Hell even Dembele would probably offer more.

If we're being honest they're both rather average with glaring limitations. One of them can't finish for brick and the other is guilty of having the poorest decision making skills known to mankind.

I think Bale would offer more than both but sadly we can't move him from his current position. Hell even Dembele would probably offer more.

I think this best sums up how I feel about the pair of them right now

Slightly different question then. I'm fed up of Ade slagging or Ade loving so:

Does anyone want Ade to play for us next season?

Does anyone want Ade to play for us next season?

I'd be happy to see him as one of two #9s, competing against someone a bit more direct and better in front of goal.

We're not going to be able to sell him with his wage situation, so people better get used to it.

I'm not talking about his contract situation though. Based on his performances this season, hypothetically speaking, no one would want him here next season. Bit of a pointless question I know.

Just want to talk about the idea that Adebayor's play is the reason for Bale's great form. I think some people conveniently forget Bale would tend to drift towards the middle last season, with Adebayor playing in the side too and also with Defoe playing in the side. I would ask people to go back and look again at Bale's goals this season, it's not like he never scored when Defoe played. He scored a hat trick against Aston Villa when Defoe and Ade were playing up front. The two goals he scored against West Ham? One of them bounced off the defender and into Bale's path, the other one was a hit and hope from about 30 yards out. His goal against Emirates Marketing Project came whilst Defoe was on the pitch. I am not crediting Defoe in any way for those goals, but just trying to disprove the myth that Ade is the reason Bale has upped his game to near superhuman levels.

The main reason Bale's performance levels have gone up is his finishing has dramatically improved. Not saying he was a bad finisher last season, but he was not banging in the kind of screamers that he has scored regularly this season. Not to mention he has improved vastly when it comes to free kicks. His aerial ability has even improved!

Bale has carried us for large portions of the season and it ain't nothing to do with either of our strikers.

Last edited:
Exactly Jurgen. Ade doesn't offer much in terms of Bales superb form and its ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

Ade is brick, so is Defoe.

When Ade plays, I want Defoe. When Defoe plays I want Ade.

Lennon, Bale, Siggy front three.

Just want to talk about the idea that Adebayor's play is the reason for Bale's great form. I think some people conveniently forget Bale would tend to drift towards the middle last season, with Adebayor playing in the side too and also with Defoe playing in the side. I would ask people to go back and look again at Bale's goals this season, it's not like he never scored when Defoe played. He scored a hat trick against Aston Villa when Defoe and Ade were playing up front. The two goals he scored against West Ham? One of them bounced off the defender and into Bale's path, the other one was a hit and hope from about 30 yards out. His goal against Emirates Marketing Project came whilst Defoe was on the pitch. I am not crediting Defoe in any way for those goals, but just trying to disprove the myth that Ade is the reason Bale has upped his game to near superhuman levels.

The main reason Bale's performance levels have gone up is his finishing has dramatically improved. Not saying he was a bad finisher last season, but he was not banging in the kind of screamers that he has scored regularly this season. Not to mention he has improved vastly when it comes to free kicks. His aerial ability has even improved!

Bale has carried us for large portions of the season and it ain't nothing to do with either of our strikers.

I think AVB is the reason why Bale finishing has gone up imo.

However, in terms of how effective the team aa a whole can be in an attacking and defensive sense I think Bale working alongside Ade is more effective for us on the whole than Bale alongside Defoe because Defoe is poor with his back to goal and doesn't seem to be able to keep possesion and involve others in our play consistently

Funny isn't it; Ade and Defoe are both scoring too few goals for us atm.

When Defoe does score he then starts a game and shows all his deficiencies but many call for him to continue.

Ade scores and starts next game, then doesn't score, shows his deficiences and calls are made for his head

:lol:

I think AVB is the reason why Bale finishing has gone up imo.

However, in terms of how effective the team aa a whole can be in an attacking and defensive sense I think Bale working alongside Ade is more effective for us on the whole than Bale alongside Defoe because Defoe is poor with his back to goal and doesn't seem to be able to keep possesion and involve others in our play consistently

I think AVB gets credit for where he is playing Bale and how he is utilising him, but I don't see how his improved finishing can be attributed to anyone other than the player.

Back