• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: last 4 games: Defoe or Adebayor? Or both?

For the last 4 games who should start in our attack?

• Defoe (1 up)

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Adebayor (1 up)

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Both Defoe and Adebayor

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Simple question really. It seems from what i've read Defoe showed his usual limitations yesterday..cant be bothered to list them, you know what is said...
Though it could be argued that if Defoe had got opportunities to shoot he'd be more likely to score...

So if either is fit in the last 4 games should we play Defoe or Adebayor? Or both?

Defoe. He's the more likely to score us a goal, even despite his limitations. Adebayor simply "occupies defenders". Bale can do his thing with either of them in the side so don't see why it's important to play Adebayor. As a striker myself, I want Spurs strikers to be goal threats, which Defoe has more than Ade.

Ade for the pure fact that he enables Bale and Dempsey. Then Defoe off the bench for last 15-20 mins.

I'm not opposed though to the idea being proposed in the Soton match thread of a front three of Lennon--Bale--Dempsey.

Defoe. He's the more likely to score us a goal, even despite his limitations. Adebayor simply "occupies defenders". Bale can do his thing with either of them in the side so don't see why it's important to play Adebayor. As a striker myself, I want Spurs strikers to be goal threats, which Defoe has more than Ade.

I think yesterday was direct evidence against that. Defoe's limitations actively nullified Bale and Dempsey.

Defoe isn't capable of much more than being invisible and putting the ball into the stands.

If Ade is fit there's really no alternative.

If not I'd prefer Dempsey. At least he'll run around a bit and get involved.

I think yesterday was direct evidence against that. Defoe's limitations actively nullified Bale and Dempsey.

Funny how they didn't nullify him in the first half of the season when Defoe was playing well.

I don't think Bale's play has anything to do with either of them.

Didn't he score a great goal against Emirates Marketing Project when Defoe was on the pitch too?

I could cite games where Ade has played and Bale also played badly.

Defoe isn't capable of much more than being invisible and putting the ball into the stands.

If Ade is fit there's really no alternative.

If not I'd prefer Dempsey. At least he'll run around a bit and get involved.

What exactly has Ade been capable of in his last 15 games?

I have a feeling we're about to revisit a conversation we've all had about 50 times in the last few months. Groundhog Day.

Funny how they didn't nullify him in the first half of the season when Defoe was playing well.

I don't think Bale's play has anything to do with either of them.

Didn't he score a great goal against Emirates Marketing Project when Defoe was on the pitch too?

I could cite games where Ade has played and Bale also played badly.

Tbf, when Defoe was in great form in the first half of the season it rarely co-incided with when Bale or Dempsey were in form. Their best forms seem not to be linked at all.

Pretty much this.

Defoe by a clear margin for me. The only game Ade has looked half decent in all season long was the the game before Basle away (Everton?).

Since Christmas Ade has scored 4 and Defoe 1. Ade on average touches the ball at least twice as often as Defoe and his movement is better.

And what exactly does he do with those touches? Is he bringing others into play? Setting up goals or even being involved in the buildup? Personally I don't see a massive difference in a player not touching the ball much versus a player touching the ball more and the ball ricocheting into touch.

It just goes to show how pathetic some the Defoe agenda has become - completely void of any factual reference to reality - pushing the same old 'outlet' story which hasn't happened all season

The fact that Defoe has scored 1 goal in 2013? Or that half of his involvements in a game ends with him shooting wide?

Back