• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Like I said, it has been defunded by successive Tory governments, but you shout the Tory meme from the roof tops implying it is in some way out dated. Mate the Tories love you and other like minded allies.

The statism of Labour (1997-2010) was just as bad for it as the corporatism of the Tories. They ran it as what was best for the bureaucratic machine, not what was best for humans who might inconveniently want to use it.

They are when you cannot predict how much you are going to be paid from to the next and when the levels are so low as to be almost useless for self support. Don't be ridiculous!

I was agreeing with you. I meant wages are not a measure of anything unless they are related to something - particularly the cost of housing and food. Wages doubling in a year is no good if mortgages/rents go up threefold etc. Wage growth is relative, not absolute

I was agreeing with you. I meant wages are not a measure of anything unless they are related to something - particularly the cost of housing and food. Wages doubling in a year is no good if mortgages/rents go up threefold etc. Wage growth is relative, not absolute

Sorry about that, didn't pick up the nuance of your post.

What good is increasing employment when the wages are not affording workers a decent standard of living?
It's not the job of the government to ensure everyone has a comfortable living, it's their job to ensure everyone has the opportunity.

They can also keep the cost of living lower by not artificially forcing up wages and benefits.

It's not the job of the government to ensure everyone has a comfortable living, it's their job to ensure everyone has the opportunity.

They can also keep the cost of living lower by not artificially forcing up wages and benefits.

Too right, the Tories are giving the British people the opportunity to be under paid, to be poorly housed, to be unhealthy and to be poorly educated, yep lots of opportunities there.

One thing you will never hear from Scara..."there but by the grace of GHod go I."

I’m with Scara on that. What the f#ck has GHod got to do with it, as Tina Turner once sang!
But ‘if wasn’t for bad luck I never would have had any luck at all’ maybe or apt

But I get you drift!

Too right, the Tories are giving the British people the opportunity to be under paid, to be poorly housed, to be unhealthy and to be poorly educated, yep lots of opportunities there.
And the opportunity to earn well, own one's own business and succeed. The choice is there for everyone.

What happens if for some unfortunate reason you cant earn?
Your lucky as was I, but a lot my friends were born with illness and disability, were not. It how we look after all the people that is the measure of a people and its governments.
I think the government has to provide for those who absolutely cannot provide for themselves, but those people are a very rare portion of society.

Most people that an average person would refer to as disabled are not unable to work, they're just limited in the work they can do. It's what we do with all the stupid people that concerns me.

I think the government has to provide for those who absolutely cannot provide for themselves, but those people are a very rare portion of society.

Most people that an average person would refer to as disabled are not unable to work, they're just limited in the work they can do. It's what we do with all the stupid people that concerns me.

Education is the only answer.
Once went for a job at American Insurance back in the dawn of time. I'm dwarfed if you didn't know and the guy said and I kid you not, "we would give you the job you are more than qualified, but we are afraid people will trip over you! I didn't get the job :cool: .....that is typical....
Being disabled in the workplace is mentally soul destroying, it's why I started my on company and the rest as they say is retirement.....

Who's asking for the government to support people? I'm just asking for a level playing field, a fair go and expecting the government to recognise the social contract. Governments that fail in this, run a tremendous risk in the long run. People have to have a stake in meeting the norms of society. If there is nothing in it for them, why should they conform?

Once went for a job at American Insurance back in the dawn of time. I'm dwarfed if you didn't know and the guy said and I kid you not, "we would give you the job you are more than qualified, but we are afraid people will trip over you! I didn't get the job :cool: .....that is typical....
Being disabled in the workplace is mentally soul destroying, it's why I started my on company and the rest as they say is retirement.....

I do EIA reports, and the consistent trend for my employer is that disabled people perform 2-5% better on KPIs than non-disabled people. So yes - education.

Thankfully times are changing. We have a guy here, has no arms. Has hands coming straight from the shoulder, and is dwarfed as well.

Seeing him around I do wonder just how he manages some basic things, but all the same he has a job on the phones and has been here years so is clearly a functional employee.

We also have hearing and sight impaired guys as well (the sight impaired guy has an oversized keyboard with yellow keys to help him).

Some time back it wouldnt have happened, I am sure, but Im really glad to see these guys around now.

As Scara says, many disabled people can work.

Im of the mind if you can you should, and that provision of benefits/aid really should be on a "need" basis.

That being said, I come from a council estate where getting knocked up early and going on the council/hand out train was a career choice for half the people there so I have a certain annoyance with the situation. I think a large portion claiming really dont need to be and it winds me up.

They are separate from those of genuine need, of course, whom we should help without reservation.

Thankfully times are changing. We have a guy here, has no arms. Has hands coming straight from the shoulder, and is dwarfed as well.

Seeing him around I do wonder just how he manages some basic things, but all the same he has a job on the phones and has been here years so is clearly a functional employee.

We also have hearing and sight impaired guys as well (the sight impaired guy has an oversized keyboard with yellow keys to help him).

Some time back it wouldn't have happened, I am sure, but Im really glad to see these guys around now.

As Scara says, many disabled people can work.

Im of the mind if you can you should, and that provision of benefits/aid really should be on a "need" basis.

That being said, I come from a council estate where getting knocked up early and going on the council/hand out train was a career choice for half the people there so I have a certain annoyance with the situation. I think a large portion claiming really dont need to be and it winds me up.

They are separate from those of genuine need, of course, whom we should help without reservation.

I laugh about all the stories from aback in the day. But the one thing that lingers to this day is how mentally draining it was. Running a couple of business on top of it was taxing to put mildly and the big reason I got out in my early fifties...

Back